• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playfire Rewards Discussion Thread

Not saying anyone should do this but is it possible to use Steam Achievement Manager to get the achievements for rewards? I'd assume you'll get a ban on at least either playfire, GMG or Steam.

I can't see this lasting long if people could abuse the system so easily.

They can ban you for it and they also browse gaf so dont do it, broski

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Hmm, pretty cool that Gun Monkeys got some rewards. Got it from a Bundlestars bundle and wasn't planning to play it at all. I guess I'll give it a chance now just for the GMG credit.

Tried getting some FEZ achievements, but not really feeling it. I think it's a good game, but wanting to rush through it for some free money isn't doing much for my enjoyment of it. So I'll just leave it be, for now. :p

ArjanN

Fez is an excellent game but it's a snoozefest if you use a guide, which is unfortunately how everyone is playing it now for the Playfire rewards. :p The platforming is inconsequential, and the meat of the game, exploration and puzzle deduction, is nullified by following a walkthrough.

I don't disagree, but let's be honest, even without these rewards most people would be playing Fez with a guide.

Nabs

Whoa. I just did a couple of Worms achievements and got credit almost immediately. I wonder if I'm just really lucky.

AHA-Lambda

Just signed up for this and got some of my rewards in already but somehow it's not recognising the reward for linking my account to my Steam account?

Lomax

Tried getting some FEZ achievements, but not really feeling it. I think it's a good game, but wanting to rush through it for some free money isn't doing much for my enjoyment of it. So I'll just leave it be, for now. :p

I played casually without a walk-through for about 6 hours the other day and got all the achievements except the two completionist ones. Really I think in about 3-4 hours you could probably get most of them and then just use a guide to get the artifacts you don't find on your own. Personally I try to use the playfire stuff as motivation to play games I've considered trying or have had in my backlog for a while, rather than just blindly grinding for money. That way whatever I get is a bonus in addition to playtime enjoyment.

inm8num2

I think I'm going to let Playfire dictate the priority of my backlog and what I play each week. Might as well get paid to play games! :p

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Just signed up for this and got some of my rewards in already but somehow it's not recognising the reward for linking my account to my Steam account?

Yeah I currently got this:

DKgLxan.png

Already had a playfire account, just signed into gmg. Maybe it just needs to sync up still?

If this get more people to play FEZ, I'm all for it, cuz FEZ is a brilliant game

Exuro

DKgLxan.png

Already had a playfire account, just signed into gmg. Maybe it just needs to sync up still?
I signed up early last week, with about 10 euro credit + some achievements that aren't registering and haven't gotten anything to sync up. Still waiting for responses from my tickets.

inm8num2

It takes awhile for your balance to update.

I'm still waiting on my "X" achievement from The Swapper to show up. My Fez ones I've gotten so far have registered, but I probably won't get the funds for a week or so.

Whoa. I just did a couple of Worms achievements and got credit almost immediately. I wonder if I'm just really lucky.

Super lucky from where I'm sitting. I haven't received any credit since they unbanned me. I haven't opened a ticket yet because I'm still not quite find of CS.

maty

I think I'm going to let Playfire dictate the priority of my backlog and what I play each week. Might as well get paid to play games! :p

I'm doing the same :)

Regarding the tracking system, it has worked alright so far but sometimes some rewards/achievements are skipped and not registered even if they appeared in my activity feed in my plafire account. Already sent 2 tickets and I'll wait for the response before I send a 3rd.

Nabs

I was willing to play some Gun Monkeys with a friend, but this game is just not fun. The achievements are also very shitty.

Gintoki

DKgLxan.png

If this get more people to play FEZ, I'm all for it, cuz FEZ is a brilliant game

Having the same issue. Will contact them by next week probably

Does anyone know how to get the Evasive achievement in Lunar Flight? It looks like it's MP-only, but the game is pretty much dead and I don't even know how to fire a missile :/

The rewards for today are up.

Duke Nukem - play for the first time - £0.10
Duke Nukem II - play for the first time - £0.10
Duke Nukem Manhattan Project - play for the first time - £0.10
Eterium - play for the first time - £0.10
Hive - play for the first time - £0.10
Hive - The Ladybug - unlock Coccinellidae - £0.10
Hive - The Ladybug - unlock And... We Out! - £0.25
Hive - The Ladybug - unlock Outie 5000 - £0.50
Max: The Curse of Brotherhood - play for the first time - £0.10
Mechanic Escape - play for the first time - £0.10
Moebius: Empire Rising - play for the first time - £0.10
Space Pirates and Zombies - play for the first time - £0.10
Space Pirates and Zombies - unlock Good Riddance - £0.10
Space Pirates and Zombies - unlock Fixer - £0.25
Space Pirates and Zombies - unlock Single Minded - £0.50
Volt - play for the first time - £0.10
Warlock - Master of the Arcane - play for the first time - £0.10

_hekk05

Banned
Yessss. More rewards..... working for that child of light.

On the topic of syncing rewards, they usually bug out when you start your account. Just send a ticket and wait. Provide the info they ask for and your ticket will go through faster. Once they fix it the first time, it usually works automatically from then on.

Achievements usually take a few hours to sync, the rewards themselves take about a day, and transfer of credit another few hours.

Be patient. Its free money for your backlog.

neoemonk

It's unfortunate that you don't get rewards for achievements you've already unlocked but given the exploitable nature of Steam achievements I can understand why.

inm8num2

Small nitpick, but it would be nice if Playfire had one page for currently active rewards (sortable by expiration or game title), in addition to their blog updates.

Tizoc

Small nitpick, but it would be nice if Playfire had one page for currently active rewards (sortable by expiration or game title), in addition to their blog updates.

They do have them actually.
Scroll down the page of any daily reward entry like this one and you'll see when some rewards expire:
http://blog.playfire.com/2014/04/tuesdays-rewards-15042014.html

Although I do get what you mean, but you can always check that one blog entry and find what you need.

Man was hoping Moebius would have cheevo rewards too =/

wetflame

Pizza Dog
The rewards for today are up.

Duke Nukem - play for the first time - £0.10
Duke Nukem II - play for the first time - £0.10
Duke Nukem Manhattan Project - play for the first time - £0.10
Eterium - play for the first time - £0.10
Hive - play for the first time - £0.10
Hive - The Ladybug - unlock Coccinellidae - £0.10
Hive - The Ladybug - unlock And... We Out! - £0.25
Hive - The Ladybug - unlock Outie 5000 - £0.50
Max: The Curse of Brotherhood - play for the first time - £0.10
Mechanic Escape - play for the first time - £0.10
Moebius: Empire Rising - play for the first time - £0.10
Space Pirates and Zombies - play for the first time - £0.10
Space Pirates and Zombies - unlock Good Riddance - £0.10
Space Pirates and Zombies - unlock Fixer - £0.25
Space Pirates and Zombies - unlock Single Minded - £0.50
Volt - play for the first time - £0.10
Warlock - Master of the Arcane - play for the first time - £0.10
Countdown timer for the new rewards:
t1398124800z0.png

inm8num2

They do have them actually.
Scroll down the page of any daily reward entry like this one and you'll see when some rewards expire:
http://blog.playfire.com/2014/04/tuesdays-rewards-15042014.html

I am well aware of blog posts - I mentioned them. ;)

What I meant is one page/url dedicated to displaying the current rewards and having some sort of table/sorting mechanism. The blog posts are nice but I think the information can all be conveyed a bit more efficiently on a dedicated page.

Blog posts - list updates/changes
Reward tracker page - concise table/sorting

It's a minor request for personal convenience, nothing more. Not a complaint or something I'll think much about after posting this.

Same here. Have been looking on the internet for 20 min. without a result.

I finally got it. Here's a mini-guide for anyone else trying to get the Evasive achievement in Lunar Flight:

The achievement itself is fairly simple. In order to get it, all you have to do is to decieve a homing missile thrown at you using a flare (Right Ctrl by default). However, in order to do this, another player must lock his missiles on you, which is kinda tricky.

In order to throw a homing missile at someone, you have to:

• Press the TGT button on the map
  • Keep pressing the NEXT button on the map until you choose a human target
  • Go to his position and face him/her. Use the lower compass as a guide
  • Once the distance between you and him/her is lower than 200m, after a couple of seconds a crosshair will appear
  • Throw a missile pressing Right Shift (by default)

I couldn't find anything on this, not even on the game's manual. I figured it out with some guy, and once you know what you have to do you will get it after a couple of attempts.

masterkajo

I finally got it. Here's a mini-guide for anyone else trying to get the Evasive achievement in Lunar Flight:

The achievement itself is fairly simple. In order to get it, all you have to do is to decieve a homing missile thrown at you using a flare (Right Ctrl by default). However, in order to do this, another player must lock his missiles on you, which is kinda tricky.

In order to throw a homing missile at someone, you have to:

• Press the TGT button on the map
  • Keep pressing the NEXT button on the map until you choose a human target
  • Go to his position and face him/her. Use the lower compass as a guide
  • Once the distance between you and him/her is lower than 200m, after a couple of seconds a crosshair will appear
  • Throw a missile pressing Right Shift (by default)

I couldn't find anything on this, not even on the game's manual. I figured it out with some guy, and once you know what you have to do you will get it after a couple of attempts.

Thanks for the info. Now I only need someone else as the drones don't seem to fire at me. But alas noone is online at the moment.

Papers, Please is getting slaughtered. 74 to 26 at the moment.

My backlog is saddened by this. Oh yes, please, pick a game I've already played through all of already and gotten plenty of achievements for, instead of the game I've been meaning to play but haven't gotten around to yet.

AsylumX

My rewards are not bring added to my GMG balance, does anyone know if that has to do with the sale that's going on right now???

BadRamen

Hello Telltale Wednesday (they did Wolf Among Us last Wednesday interestingly)

"New Rewards

Available until Tuesday 22 April, 2014 @ 23:59 UTC:

Back to the Future - play for the first time - £0.10
Battle Academy - play for the first time - £0.10
Jurassic Park: The Game - play for the first time - £0.10
Jurassic Park: The Game - unlock The First Dinosaurs On Our Tour - £0.10
Jurassic Park: The Game - unlock Stopping the Stalkers - £0.25
Jurassic Park: The Game - unlock Do-you-think-he-saurus Rex - £0.50
Poker Night 2 - play for the first time - £0.10
Poker Night 2 - unlock I Tournament to Do That - £0.10
Poker Night 2 - unlock Sam to the Max - £0.25
Poker Night 2 - unlock We Are the 1% - £0.50
Poker Night at the Inventory - play for the first time - £0.10
Poker Night at the Inventory - unlock Flush - £0.10
Poker Night at the Inventory - unlock Down to the Green - £0.25
Poker Night at the Inventory - unlock Straight Flush - £0.50
Sam & Max: Season One - play for the first time - £0.10
Sam & Max: Season Two - play for the first time - £0.10
Tales of Monkey Island - play for the first time - £0.10
"

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
My rewards are not bring added to my GMG balance, does anyone know if that has to do with the sale that's going on right now???

Seems to affect a lot of people, but it may just take some time (at least a day). I submitted a ticket yesterday, but I looked now and the credit has been added to gmg.

btw I think this is an awesome initiative. Back when achievements first started, everyone hoped that down the line you'd get something out of it, like a discount on Live or themes, etc.

This is the best way to make achievements matter. 100%'ing FEZ has netted me €5 in discount, that's great. Even though there seem to be issues, these rewards are a great idea. Plus, it will get people to play some great games that were resting in their backlog.

Hello Telltale Wednesday (they did Wolf Among Us last Wednesday interestingly)

"New Rewards

Available until Tuesday 22 April, 2014 @ 23:59 UTC:

Back to the Future - play for the first time - £0.10
Battle Academy - play for the first time - £0.10
Jurassic Park: The Game - play for the first time - £0.10
Jurassic Park: The Game - unlock The First Dinosaurs On Our Tour - £0.10
Jurassic Park: The Game - unlock Stopping the Stalkers - £0.25
Jurassic Park: The Game - unlock Do-you-think-he-saurus Rex - £0.50
Poker Night 2 - play for the first time - £0.10
Poker Night 2 - unlock I Tournament to Do That - £0.10
Poker Night 2 - unlock Sam to the Max - £0.25
Poker Night 2 - unlock We Are the 1% - £0.50
Poker Night at the Inventory - play for the first time - £0.10
Poker Night at the Inventory - unlock Flush - £0.10
Poker Night at the Inventory - unlock Down to the Green - £0.25
Poker Night at the Inventory - unlock Straight Flush - £0.50
Sam & Max: Season One - play for the first time - £0.10
Sam & Max: Season Two - play for the first time - £0.10
Tales of Monkey Island - play for the first time - £0.10
"

I'm worried about the BTTF reward. Since each episode is a different entry in your Steam library, how are they exactly going to track if you've played it for the first time? Are they just tracking the first episode?

Also, depending on its price I may pick Jurassic Park later today. Even if it's bad, I think it's the only Telltale game I haven't tried yet.

RS4-

What luck, doing the poker night achievements. Got a flush.

Too bad the two other dudes had it too.

Anyone know how long it takes to get the Warlock2 achievements?

i've found it takes up to 3-4 days to get the achievement added. It should show up shortly after you've unlocked it, but takes a while to process I guess.

okayfrog

Banned
I'm up to $7.28 from gaming in March/April already. Good stuff. So hyped for the next Steam sale.

As for the latest rewards, I have a few of those games, but I've already started them, sadly. Still can get a few of the Poker Night achievements. A shame I suck at Poker. Also only got two or so days to force myself through Fez, ugh.

Ilúvatar

How does this work with achievements you've already unlocked? For example, there are current rewards for unlocking achievements in Fez, but I've already gotten all of those achievements. Will I get rewards?

maty

Ilúvatar;108398829 said:
How does this work with achievements you've already unlocked? For example, there are current rewards for unlocking achievements in Fez, but I've already gotten all of those achievements. Will I get rewards?

No, achievements you have already unlocked won't give you credit.

Grief.exe

Ilúvatar;108398829 said:

It seems hit and miss.

Some people are reporting that they want unlock for achievements already earned. Some are reporting that they indeed received credit for those achievements.

Ilúvatar;108398829 said:

generally, no.

I've had a few trickle in the first time i synced up, but once you sign up it's only valid on achievements earned going forward.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Ilúvatar;108398829 said:

No, achievements you have already unlocked won't give you credit.

They have for me. I 100%'d FEZ months ago and got credit for every achievement. Same for Super Meat Boy.

See my screengrab above? Every achievement there has been earned a long time ago

masterkajo

Ilúvatar;108398829 said:

It seems hit and miss.

Some people are reporting that they want unlock for achievements already earned. Some are reporting that they indeed received credit for those achievements.

I did get some Sleeping Dogs achievements registered even though I completed them about a year ago. But someone in this thread explained that this is some kind of bug / desing flaw on their end and it is because I signed up in the week Sleeping Dogs was active on Playfire. Since then I didn't get any achievement registered I had already earned. Only those I got while it was active.

Lomax

Getting a flush isn't that bad: it's 508 : 1

Odds of a straight flush 72,192 : 1
Now that one sucks.

Actually in Hold-em the odds are actually even better than that, especially to get a flush which is over 3% (which you'll almost certainly get if you play for an hour or two). Straight flush is still pretty rare though, at 1 in 23,705. They are even better in Omaha but of course that's only in the sequel.

Getting to a million in Poker Night 2 is no trivial endeavor either, I have 20+ hours played and I'm still not there yet. If you can get streaks of wins in theory it could be done in 13 wins in a row, but in practice it's probably going to take a lot more.

Personally of the two games I found Poker Night 2 to be much more fun, but I enjoyed the first as well. But of course they are comedy games based around poker, not advanced poker games.

Top Bottom