• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation’s 3.50 system software update out tomorrow

No Windows 7 support?
wtzgU.gif

This detail alone saves my two week old Playstation TV purchase from being a terrible mistake. Only paid $20 but still.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Maybe they figure people will be using the same controller for both the remote play and the console itself. If you take that into account it makes sense as otherwise you'd have to manually switch every time.

I guess. My plan was to buy a dedicated silver controller to match both my 5K iMac and my Surfsce Pro 4.

But fucked wired.

Stalk

Neat. Been wanting the streaming for a while so that I can do it on a physical network instead of wireless.

DavidDesu

I thought the friends online notification would be a pain because I only know 2 real world people among my 100 or so list of randoms I've added over the years. Put my mind at ease that you need to opt each friend in individually rather than it being the whole friends list, which would just be mental, haha.

Ok, I'll use this feature, for those two folk I actually know and care about to see when they're on their PS4's. The "Offline Mode" is a nice addition but it would be better to be on the menu you bring up by holding the PS button rather than having to go into your profile etc.

DavidDesu

PS4K for better secondary chip, 720p RP stream = lol

I mentioned in the PS4K thread it would be nice if they did choose to upgrade the streaming/decoding chip (whatever the hell it is) to enable 1080p60 streams, I wouldn't be surprised if they did considering how big sharing has become, and just how poor PS4 uploads looks on YouTube (no way they're even 720p the compression looks so bad).

If Remote Play can do 720p60 though does anyone know if the PS4 has the capability to save clips at that rate, and it could just be a software patch away from happening, or is it absolutely limited to saving clips at 30fps and the streaming is something different?

tensuke

Can't wait to try Remote Play on PC, too bad controller has to be wired though. Hope it works well enough given both PS4 and PC are wired on fast connections. Remote Play has always been limited to 720P max so not surprised there.

DryvBy

The event schedule is kind of neat. You can invite friends to an event for a specific time and post in the communities. If you join that event, you can opt into auto-loading the game at a specific time to get ready. Perfect for those who need that extra push!

Fliesen

Your PS4 doesn't work without remote play?

I get where they're coming from ... i think.

I only have so much "TV" time, i.e., i don't feel like hogging the TV, playing on the PS4 when my girlfriend might want to watch Netflix, or some other stuff.

Remote play allows for playing on the PS4 on my office desk.

onQ123

Wonder if this will work with the Xbox One when they update the stores into one.

only thing I see stopping it is PS4 controller support on Xbox One.

DavidDesu

I get where they're coming from ... i think.

I only have so much "TV" time, i.e., i don't feel like hogging the TV, playing on the PS4 when my girlfriend might want to watch Netflix, or some other stuff.

Remote play allows for playing on the PS4 on my office desk.

I have an open plan kitchen/living room and right now I'm at the kitchen counter on a high stool on my Mac, while my PS4 and Tv are over there *points*....

Is it sad I'm excited about the prospect of sitting here playing games when I can do it sitting just over there *points again*..?

Maybe they figure people will be using the same controller for both the remote play and the console itself. If you take that into account it makes sense as otherwise you'd have to manually switch every time.

But you have to hit the PS button to use some of the system functions so I don't think it really matters.

Jaeyden

I can almost guarantee that if your'e set to appear offline it will still send notifications to friends when you log on.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Do you need decent hardware for Remote Play or just a good connection?

Find a Windows 10 tablet with a USB port to connect the controller to and you have a portable PS4...who..a....

Lucifon

It's absolutely crazy that it's taken 2 and a half years to add friend online notifications and the ability to appear offline. Glad it's finally here, but man...

Ashler

It's absolutely crazy that it's taken 2 and a half years to add friend online notifications and the ability to appear offline. Glad it's finally here, but man...

Who know what I call crazy? Still not being able to change a thing as simple as your PSN name, in 2016.

Ramma2

How a single programmer can do remote play better than Sony I'll never know, but I'll never regret supporting the unofficial app. It works so well!

The 3.50 beta broke remote play on all devices, so I guess the Android version is going to see an update and I have to wait for the modder to make the new version compatible with non-Sony devices again. I hope it'll come before the weekend.

dippa

Neo Member
Wonder if there's a way to get the Elite controller going through this, since it's connected to the PC via USB too.

CronusMAX might be able to do it.

Top Bottom