• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation’s 3.50 system software update out tomorrow

Windows 7 people. It's time to move on. Windows 10 is a fine operating system and it's fucking free.

Lol @ people disappointed in remote play not being 1080/60. That would require an incredible amount of bandwidth or an incredible amount of compression (nullifying the resolution increase). Not a chance in hell 99% of the user base will have the home network to do that and it will never happen over the Internet.

Windows 7 people. It's time to move on. Windows 10 is a fine operating system and it's fucking free.

Lol @ people disappointed in remote play not being 1080/60. That would require an incredible amount of bandwidth or an incredible amount of compression (nullifying the resolution increase). Not a chance in hell 99% of the user base will have the home network to do that and it will never happen over the Internet.

uhhh...it's absolutely doable over a home network

driver116

Upgrade to Windows 10 for free?

I don't think that's the answer at all, especially when I hated Windows 10 when I upgraded and it ran like crap on my hardware. Besides:

oVVbwYs.png

jwk94

The best part about the events is that you can set your PS4 to automaticall turn on when the event starts.

Fordfx2

So if the Xbox one is ultimately a "glorified" Windows 10 machine....Can we use remote play on Xbox one for the PS4 via the web browser? That seems like big news for Xbox one owners...hahaha

That's funny as shit because I just casually loaded up and streamed Stardew Valley at 1440p/60 over my consumer grade 802.11ac wifi network to my laptop upstairs and the bitrate was about 12mbps and completely smooth.

Cidd

Kinda disappointed at the 720p resolution limit on remote play but I'll make it work.

While it's not listed maybe Window 7 is still supported fingers crossed.

DirtyLarry

If you want remote play in your home... wouldn't be easer to just play on the console?
Kids want the TV.
Wife wants the TV.
Kids and wife want the TV.
Significant Other wants the TV.
Dog wants the TV.
Cat wants the TV.
6 reasons I can see remote play coming in handy in one's own home.

Pretty sure you can make it work that way for Xbox One/Windows 10 PC remote play.

I have a PSTV and whenever i do remote play, it lags, is pretty much unplayable and the resolution is crap. On the other hand, remote play for Xbox One on my laptop works very well on wifi at home, no lag and image quality is very good. Why can't Sony do the same as Microsoft ?

MarionCB

Nothing for me in this update, really. Ah, well. I was sorta interested in messing about with PC remote play but if I have to use the Windows store, well, I won't use the Windows store.

Gumbie

You do know that steam link and windows 10 streaming to xbox one does 1080/60 right?

Shifty

Thought the title was 'Playstation 3 .5 update out tomorrow'.

Now I don't get to make quips about removing SingStar from the XMB :(

T-Rex.

Banned
Appear offline, yasssssssssss. No more having to explain why I was playing PlayStation after taking a sick day.

bomblord1

Banned
Kids want the TV.
Wife wants the TV.
Kids and wife want the TV.
Significant Other wants the TV.
Dog wants the TV.
Cat wants the TV.
6 reasons I can see remote play coming in handy in one's own home.

Move the PS4 to whatever TV you are remote playing to?

You cannot be serious.

Wow. Valve must be wizards then because the steam link can stream well beyond 720p.

Maybe I've just been fooled because you sound like you think yourself an expert.

What to believe!?!?!

Ogawa-san

It's not about bandwidth, if you can stream a Netflix video you can RP. It's about hardware.

If you crank RP to 720@60, DVR stops working.

Great update, but I'm patiently waiting on my customization features Sony.

Pretty please..someone out there in Sony land, let me put up my background with pics and clear my home screen up with folders.

Kuldar

Maybe the limit in resolution on PS4 is due to the dedicated chip for streaming who has 256MB memory. Someone know if it's enough for a 1080p/60fps streaming?

jediyoshi

The world of people sheltered from Steam's in home streaming peeks its head.

Maybe the limit in resolution on PS4 is due to the dedicated chip for streaming who has 256MB memory. Someone know if it's enough for a 1080p/60fps streaming?

paging rigby

Kysen

The resolution limit is directly related the hardware encoder chip in the console. If Sony had put a better chip in there you wouldn't have restrictions like, 60fps -> last 15min recording feature disabled

Planet

The wife/kids/pets don't block the best TV in the house all the time, and you want to use that if possible. Besides the fact that I wouldn't want to unplug and move back and forth the PS4 all the time, there is also the question:

chuwi-hi8-dual-boot-t3nskb.jpg

Where exactly is the HDMI input on this?

Not sure if discussed already, but does the Friends Notification make a sound, I wouldn't want people jumping in and out to constantly make that notification sound.

Will you be able to stream the PS4 Remote Play into a video program like VLC?

That would be sick if so, I bet someone could engineer that somehow if it's not out-of-the-box like that.

ced

PlayStation Plus Hub

Plus members can now enjoy easy access and management of their online storage. You can also see from your PS Plus Games which of your friends also play your monthly Plus games.

Does this mean I can batch delete online game saves.

lynux3

Pretty sure you can make it work that way for Xbox One/Windows 10 PC remote play.

I have a PSTV and whenever i do remote play, it lags, is pretty much unplayable and the resolution is crap. On the other hand, remote play for Xbox One on my laptop works very well on wifi at home, no lag and image quality is very good. Why can't Sony do the same as Microsoft ?

I can't remember the last time Sony put a decent WiFi antenna in one of their PlayStation consoles. That's really the issue.

Arttemis

Well, the PS Store seems to have gotten the rumored overhaul that makes games' store pages look like MS store's stylized look. Not sure I like it.

Top Bottom