• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation 3 CFW & Homebrew Technical Help Thread -- morality arguments elsewhere

I dont have proof, i have common sense that the majority want it to pirate. Dont fool yourself into thinking otherwise

So you don't have proof that the majority on GAF pirate nor that they want to pirate but you're still going to make that unfounded and unsupported claim. Yea, real classy.

MightyKAC

Gvaz said:
That's what most people want it for, including people in this thread, though good luck getting anyone to admit that here on gaf because it's bannable.

First post of the thread said:
Engaging in complaining about this thread being allowed to exist, accusing posters in this thread of piracy, attempting to start debates about piracy or the ethics of homebrew, or otherwise trying to grind an axe for one's personal beliefs regarding homebrew legitimacy will also result in moderator action.

Take this bullshit elsewhere man.

I dont have proof, i have common sense that the majority want it to pirate. Dont fool yourself into thinking otherwise

This isn't the thread to do that man. Look, I have huge problems with piracy and jailbreaking things like consoles, but I come in here to see the technical side of things because I love seeing that too. But this isn't the thread to be bringing that up, it'll get you banned REAL quick.

Jal

What is this bit supposed to mean

E3TEAM are building a full new system to release those free gift . We expect user can join this sytem to
get what they want after 1-2 month. We will release more news about this system later.

MMaRsu

Banned
What is this bit supposed to mean

Probably has something to do with rolling out free eboots and getting their retail stuff ready for a massive amount of people wanting to downgrade? That would be my guess, it's the best way of monetizing this situation.

N.A

Banned
3.60 keys are out.

These games should now be playable:

Ace Combat: Assault Horizon
Agarest: Generations of War Zero
Air Conflicts: Secret Wars
Alice: Madness Returns
Ape Escape On The Move
Arcana Heart 3
Atelier Meruru: The Apprentice of Arland (Japanese release)
Bleach Soul Ignition
Brink
Call of Duty: Black Ops
Captain America: Super Soldier
Cars 2
Catherine
Crysis
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Dirt 3
Dragon Age II (update 1.03)
Duke Nukem Forever
Dungeon Siege III
Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3
Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon
El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron
Fallout: New Vegas (update 1.6)
F.E.A.R 3
Gran Turismo 5 (update 1.10)
Green Lantern: Rise of the Manhunters
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2
Hunted: The Demons Forge
inFAMOUS 2
inFAMOUS 2: Festival of Blood
Jak Trilogy
Killzone 3 (update 1.9)
Kung Fu Panda 2
LA Noire
LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean: The Video Game
Let’s Dance with Mel B
Little Big Planet 2 (update 1.05)
MLB 2011: The Show
Modnation Racers (latest update)
MotorStorm: Apocalypse (update 1.04)
MX vs. ATV Alive
Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2
Nascar The Game 2011
National Geographic Challenge
NCAA Football 12
Need for Speed: Shift 2 – Unleashed
No More Heroes: Heroes’ Paradise
Operation Flashpoint: Red River
Phineas and Ferb Across the 2nd Dimension
Portal 2
Prince of Persia Trilogy 3d
Rayman Origins
Record of Agarest War Zero
Red Faction: Armageddon
Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny
Shadows of the Damned
Sniper: Ghost Warrior
Supremacy MMA
The Penguins of Madagascar: Dr. Blowhole Returns
Thor: God of Thunder
Top Spin 4 (update 1.02)
Transformers: Dark of the Moon
Virtua Tennis 4
Warriors: Legends of Troy
White Knight Chronicles II

Feature

Banned
- Do you have a source for that N.A.?
- Does this mean a new custom firmware will be out that implements these keys?

I haven't been following the PS3 scene since we were stuck with stupid eboots / paying for a dongle to play games.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

I haven't been following the PS3 scene since we were stuck with stupid eboots / paying for a dongle to play games.

PS3Hax.net, for one.

N.A

Banned

I prefer to not link to sites hosting the keys, but it's easy enough to confirm.

Yes, it's possible to patch your current CFW with these keys (or install a new pre-patched one). You can also just decrypt the eboots manually using ebootfix.

I have a sealed copy of Catherine that I will be trying in the next few hours.

Not entirely true. Showtime media center is pretty awesome and can play most files easily now. Pretty much all consoles up to the 16-bit era are emulated great with good frontends. ScummVM is ported and works.

Last year around april I had all 16 bit era emulators and ScummVM. It looks like the only developments were either Showtime or dongles that support newer games.

Chesskid1

Banned
i upgraded my ps3 a long ass time ago but i still try to keep tabs on the scene just for my own curiosity.

so will all future games work, etc?

congrats on the good news!

test_account

XP-39C²
Probably not. Sony will probably add some new protection to either the eboots (maybe using newer firmware specific features) or firmware.
I'm really surprised why they havnt done this already. It was one of the first thing i've thought about when i saw that people could play 3.60 games on 3.55 with just modifying a few files. And this have continued all the way up this date. Why not release some extra stuff in a new firmware that games check up upon when booting/running? Maybe it is not technically possible at this point on the PS3.

But at this point i dont think that Sony can patch this to be honest. Maybe they can, but i dont think it will take long before it is hacked. Should be fairly easy if every decryption keys up to 4.21 is released.

Kiyo

If my system is on 3.70 fw, what are my options to go back to CFW?

Wait a few days/weeks for the 3.7 keys to be released, assuming they're coming, and all signs are pointing that way. The other option is complicated and not worth the time/money with 3.7 keys on the horizon.

Onemic

I'm assuming getting homebrew unlocked for the ps3 means you can't play online since you can't update past 3.55 right?

N.A

Banned
When did they say that?

Great news from E3TEAM

We announced in advance last week that E3TEAM will release a great news for all ps3 user.
Here is our official claim :

1: E3TEAM will release all ps3 game free in public .It allow any 3.55CFW play all the new game without dongle.
Just like the free eboot released by E3TEAM before.

2: E3TEAM will release the new key free in public . User can decrypt the new game by himself in few seconds .

Please note all the release will be free with NO pay .

E3TEAM are building a full new system to release those free gift . We expect user can join this sytem to
get what they want after 1-2 month. We will release more news about this system later.

(PS: all is for downgradable console )

cacildo

Finally Portal 2, we will have our special moment!!

What about PSN access?

(to be fair i dont even care a lot about PSN access since Red Faction Guerrilla multiplayer got empty... But if there´s a psn chance, i want to check it out)

N.A

Banned
Finally Portal 2, we will have our special moment!!

What about PSN access?

(to be fair i dont even care a lot about PSN access since Red Faction Guerrilla multiplayer got empty... But if there´s a psn chance, i want to check it out)

PSN has been working with CFW for a while. I haven't used it myself but I think it's still working.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Still nothing for Dark Souls? :/
But eh, at least I can play my copy of No More Heroes, now.

Dark Souls requires 3.7. It'll come!

Edit: Oh, MW3 requires 3.72. I thought it needed 3.66, despite its release date. Sorry!

miserable

So this only means that people on 3.55 can play newer games, but those who are on higher fw are still SOL as far as a new cfw is concerned, right?

RetroMG

So this only means that people on 3.55 can play newer games, but those who are on higher fw are still SOL as far as a new cfw is concerned, right?

That's how I'm reading this, but maybe there will be some hope coming down the pipeline for us? Maybe? Yes?

sangreal

My PS3 that I never use is still on 3.50. I'm probably going to get around to selling it or trading it in to amazon one of these days. Is there any value added by not ugprading it in the meantime or is it relatively easy to downgrade these days?

Gvaz

Banned
Ebootfix??
How do you do that exactly?

You find a modified eboot, replace it with the eboot in the game's directory (have to have the game copied to the hdd) and run it. It's literally like finding a cracked exe file and it's usually on pirate sites.

N.A

Banned
You find a modified eboot, replace it with the eboot in the game's directory (have to have the game copied to the hdd) and run it. It's literally like finding a cracked exe file and it's usually on pirate sites.

Actually no. I used ebootfix, a tool that decrypts the eboots. Now the keys have released it can decrypt any eboot signed with 3.60 keys or lower.

Pepto

Banned

Nope. Eboofix is a program that you can use to fix your games.

edit: beaten

MMaRsu

Banned
Actually no. I used ebootfix, a tool that decrypts the eboots. Now the keys have released it can decrypt any eboot signed with 3.60 keys or lower.

So I just copied my Portal 2 disc to my 3.55 console, now how do I decrypt the eboot? Copy the eboot to a usb and then decrypt it on my pc?

What are the steps involved here?

Top Bottom