• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 4 All Access on 11/14 - 11pm EST on Spike + Live Stream

I'll tell you why this was highly dissapointing.

First off the biggest announcement may have not bothered being announced. The Uncharted 4 Teaser was just so boring, may as well just have a logo announcement. I also Last of Us PS4 port along with the DLC announcement, oh well.

Then exclusive content announcements for Destiny and MGS5, were boring and Kojima is such a troll.

Then we have inFamous which looks great, a late March release is dissapointing, we expected a Feb release.

Epic tweeting about announcement and not having nothing is a huge blow, I guess it was likely GAF over hyping and looking too much into tweets.

The biggest dissapointment is no gameplay still not shown for The Order, WTF, I thought we'd get that for sure.

All in all this was a terrible event loaded with too many adverts.

This seems more like your problem than anything Spike did..

Disappointing overhyped show. I nearly got up at 4am to watch but I had better ideas and glad I stayed in bed.

Not that the new announcements weren't good or anything but I was expecting more going off the build up. I'll never learn, but it's all part of the fun I guess :p

Microsoft owns Quantum Break.

Source? I actually thought Microsoft might own it but google didn't tell me anything.

No, the publishers decide. Titanfall comes to mind.

What? First off, that's solely because of the deal they made with EA giving EA that power. Second, I made a mistake referring to them as games when I should've said franchises. All of those developers could choose to make their franchises multiplatform eventually, if they wanted to. Microsoft has no control over them once their contracts end.

EJStyleS

I thought they meant to represent games that we can play on PS4. Last I heard I can't do a hadoken with my DS4 on my new PS4 as nothings been announced for PS4 regarding SF.

I guess, but nothing's been announced regarding the alleged return of Crash Bandicoot that eagle-eye folk spotted yet either...it is an EU PS4 launch vid, so perhaps they've got some ACTUAL megatons held back for that?

I didn't believe it when I typed it either.

GYNGA

I'm surprised that so many people are disappointed TBH. It's a launch event, not E3...

So what are the guesses for Sony Bend's PS4 game? I remember Shu saying that Bend is "at their strengths" so it must be a Syphon Filter, right? Either way it must be something pretty big since 2 years already passed aftter the UGA release,

Source? I actually thought Microsoft might own it but google didn't tell me anything.
http://trademarks.justia.com/859/56/quantum-85956954.html

What? First off, that's solely because of the deal they made with EA giving EA that power. Second, I made a mistake referring to them as games when I should've said franchises. All of those developers could choose to make their franchises multiplatform eventually, if they wanted to. Microsoft has no control over them once their contracts end.
Ok, I was just refering to a single game, not a franchise.

Not criticising him but what was Gopher going on about? It looks like it wasn't about this event that's for sure (hope so anyway)

Gopher clarified that he wasn't talking about the event in general, but simply about what's coming.

So yeah, stuff he's saying could easily be for the next 2-3 events, but he's being crazy broad and uncommitted to when we'll see the stuff he's teasing.

BBboy20

This seems more like your problem than anything Spike did..
Actually, it was.

2014 is soon, the new generation is about to arrive and yet, once again, very lacking reveals occurred. They seem to enjoy next-gen gaming but it would also be nice to next-gen reveal/celebrate because it's pretty bad when everything else but the games was much more entertaining.

Fabrik

Banned
So they didn't announce any new games? I consider that Uncharted teaser vaporware until gameplay is shown. I was expecting at least a bit of gameplay of The Order to get us excited for next year.

Grinchy

Banned
I didn't realize Joey was an actual gaffer. He was easily the best part of the show. He seemed like the only enthusiastic person in the room, and one of the only people there with a personality.

butman

So about The Last Guardian tease #2747547.

Do you think that when Yoshida is asked about in what controller did he play the game, and he said "don't recall", it can be an hint that the megaton will be The Last Guardian for PS3 and PS4?

First SCE cross platform game.

Where is my DeS 2?
I can't believe i watched it at 5:00 am, what a waste of time.

I know...

Pretty sure they want to spread out the 2014 stuff a bit more to avoid a software drought or from killing the hype momentum

We already have a pretty big 2014 checklist already right?

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
That fact Sony announced uncharted here shows they are confident in the other games not announced that are coming

That fact Sony announced uncharted here shows they are confident in the other games not announced that are coming

Yeah it was a pretty safe play

I am actually sad that it wasn't another new IP though.

Looks like they are going to dedicate one team to Uncharted and the other to New IP unless that team is just going to do Last of Us sequels

I didn't realize Joey was an actual gaffer. He was easily the best part of the show. He seemed like the only enthusiastic person in the room, and one of the only people there with a personality.
I wonder how much of that was due to standing around at midnight in New York and how much was due to a lack of enthusiasm about the new console generation.

deejay8595

my posts are "MEH"
I'm sorry I didn't rehearse that Banderas thing a million times in the mirror. A terrible approximate is better than nothing though, right?

...Nah maybe nothing would have been better. At least I didn't pull a Razor Ramon HG and go PLAYSTATION FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUR!!!!

Hey guys, back home safe, might make a thread about this past week, heck it might be up on Saturday if I'm fired tomorrow!! Lots of recollections n stuff to do.

Great Job and congrats!!!

Hanmik

Right just caught up with it all. Sounds like a right boring show, and this might becoming a cliche but I am very glad I didn't stay up for it.

Where is that guy (with the bloke from Lost avatar) teasing us about a surprise announcement which would get Gaf talking? He was just bullshitting then.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=88256367&postcount=714

that is some real Annoying teasing right there,. not only in ONE thread

tGv7WMR.jpg

that is just stupid..

Maybe that gif of Shu being surprised was him actually surprised they would be announcing fuck all.

"oh we are just announcing Uncharted? Oh ok".

Sony seems like they are just sitting on a bunch of big reveals but they are afraid to announce more then 1 at a time.

Unfortunately, right? I stayed up til gone 5am, I was hugely disappointed. As of right now, I'm not sure I would stay up again for something other than e3. I'm probably wrong.

The VGA's (now named VGX) will most likely have some nice announcements. Other than those shows, geoff just hypes stuff and almost always never delivers.

Justified

Any know of an update using Pulse Elite headphones through USB? The Giant F.A.Q said 1.50 would bring the functionailty, yet they still dont work (through USB)

synce

Of course the Dorito Pope is going to hype his show... more viewers = job security etc for him.

"Look at all these ratings Keighley is bringing in... fans must love him!"

Foolish thing to do, tricking people like that. I know personally I won't be wasting my time with the VGA's this year. I'll just catch the one decent announcement the next day

My mind was not blown.

Regretted staying up in my first morning meeting.

Evilore fix your shit. How does GAF go down on an event that happened at 5am for a large part of the forum? It's just pathetic at this point.

Any know of an update using Pulse Elite headphones through USB? The Giant F.A.Q said 1.50 would bring the functionailty, yet they still dont work (through USB)

Can they be wired as well - looks like it from photos. You can plug any headphone into the DS4 and send the audio through there. Not sure on mic functionality, though.

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
I'm sorry I didn't rehearse that Banderas thing a million times in the mirror. A terrible approximate is better than nothing though, right?

...Nah maybe nothing would have been better. At least I didn't pull a Razor Ramon HG and go PLAYSTATION FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUR!!!!

Hey guys, back home safe, might make a thread about this past week, heck it might be up on Saturday if I'm fired tomorrow!! Lots of recollections n stuff to do.

You were great man. The show itself was pretty disappointing but seeing a fellow Gaffer do the Banderas on TV made it all worth watching.

Nozem

So they didn't announce any new games? I consider that Uncharted teaser vaporware until gameplay is shown. I was expecting at least a bit of gameplay of The Order to get us excited for next year.

Wait, games can now be vaporware one day after they're announced?!

Lol. So much for pretending to be an insider.

Just watched the VOD of this on Twitch, so horrible. I'm glad I was able to skip around and turn it into the 10 minute show it should have been.

Justified

Can they be wired as well - looks like it from photos. You can plug any headphone into the DS4 and send the audio through there. Not sure on mic functionality, though.

Yes, but I want to drop the wire. Just wondering what happen, since they said 1.50 would allow it to connect through USB

I thought the show delivered big time. All they had to do was announce Uncharted to make the event a huge success and they did that. Plus, the Destiny beta is going to move some very hardcore Bungie gamers to the PS4 who might have stuck with the Xbox One. It may not move millions but there are people who will do that. Kojima showed up with something nobody asked for and it was crappy but whatever.

Towerfall also looked pretty darn cool. I also saw a gaucamelee PS4 bit running on the PS3 stream of the event. I didn't know that was coming over. I hope its a cross buy title. I own the PS3 version already.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
I can't believe I fell for it again, I was ready to pass out 2 hours before the show and I made myself stay up. I couldn't even complain on GAF because it was mostly down. I love video games but it honestly felt like I was watching an infomercial.

I can't believe I fell for it again, I was ready to pass out 2 hours before the show and I made myself stay up. I couldn't even complain on GAF because it was mostly down. I love video games but it honestly felt like I was watching an infomercial.

What were you expecting

Top Bottom