• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 4 All Access on 11/14 - 11pm EST on Spike + Live Stream

54-46!

qQMtVy7.gif

StaSeb

EU GAF here.

Set up my alarm clock for the event, woke up and did not want to leave my bed. Thought "fuck it, I'll just get up 20 minutes earlier as usual. Should be enough to skip through the boring parts and see all the bombas." Back to blissfull sleep.

Got up 20 minutes earlier, found the Youtube-video, skipped through the fluff and left my flat 15 minutes earlier. Thank god I did not watch it live.

Hindle

Banned
Some of the predictions for this were insane. Gears going multiplatform, Epics new IP being exclusive, SSM new IP, Guerillas new IP.

Skeff

Some of the predictions for this were insane. Gears going multiplatform, Epics new IP being exclusive, SSM new IP, Guerillas new IP.

How exactly are these two insane? Uncharted 4 was announced....

Besides Gears likely is multiplatform....

nib95

Banned
Watching now. No big bombs yet besides InFamous new trailer and release date (later than I expected) and Uncharted (expected), but it's still a fun watch either way.

Linius

I'm sorry I didn't rehearse that Banderas thing a million times in the mirror. A terrible approximate is better than nothing though, right?

...Nah maybe nothing would have been better. At least I didn't pull a Razor Ramon HG and go PLAYSTATION FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUR!!!!

Hey guys, back home safe, might make a thread about this past week, heck it might be up on Saturday if I'm fired tomorrow!! Lots of recollections n stuff to do.

Amazing performance there :lol

Where's this guys tag?

cebri.one

In defense of Keighley, Uncharted PS4 is a hell of an announcement. But we always get overhyped, and expect the impossible sometimes.

Linius

In defense of Keighley, Uncharted PS4 is a hell of an announcement. But we always get overhyped, and expect the impossible sometimes.

It's a big game, but it would be a bigger surprise if there weren't coming more Uncharted games our way imo.

Skeff

I'm sorry I didn't rehearse that Banderas thing a million times in the mirror. A terrible approximate is better than nothing though, right?

...Nah maybe nothing would have been better. At least I didn't pull a Razor Ramon HG and go PLAYSTATION FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUR!!!!

Hey guys, back home safe, might make a thread about this past week, heck it might be up on Saturday if I'm fired tomorrow!! Lots of recollections n stuff to do.

Congratulations, Hope you enjoyed yourself, good luck on the job front and enjoy your PS4 you lucky guy you.

rvy

Banned
Mind-blowing shit.

Fucking mind-blowing. Really.

Should have called it shockingly-mind-blowing, that way we might have gotten the clue.

Thanks Kojima for hyping a low-poly model. Thanks Geoff for hyping a forseeable game. Thanks ND for announcing Uncharted instead of Crash. And thanks Sony for the worst midnight-launch ever.

The DLC for TLoU was great. Towerfall was cool. The trailer for Infamous was cool.

But the hype destroid the whole show.

What exactly was so "mind-blowing"? Another Uncharted game that no one asked for and the ability to play as PS1 era Snake for a mission in MGS V? Really?

That was the asshole who took down Sony in the first place

Please.... Shut up. The stupid is overwhelming. Stringer didn't "take down Sony", Idei and Kutaragi did. A lot of the work Kaz is now doing is built on the platform Stringer helped create.

That's a bit rich coming from you, isn't it?

Linius

I wish Naughty Dog had the chance to work on a new Crash. Ruining Crash is probably the worst thing Activion did to gaming for me :p

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS

YOU HAD ONE JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stevil

well only if there was an release date with in a couple of months and/or gaming footage now it was similar to saying that there will be an PS4 slim

Angelcurio

Funny this that i remember someone actually asked Shu through Twitter if anything relevant was going to be announced at the PS4 All Access event, and he actually responded quite frankly "no", and yet we still fell for the hype instigated by Geoff's trolling.

Keighley must just watch this forum tenting his fingers. What an asshole.

All future Keighley Hype threads should be designated as such, as a kind of ritual forewarning of inevitable disappointment.

This Kojima announcement is hilarious. Successful troll once again, Hideo.

Nibel

It felt like 40 minutes ads for GameTrailers and 20 minutes content, and of those 20 minutes a lot was spent to people in line

I'm not sure exactly why expected so much of this, but yeah - felt like a glorified/PS-centric GTTV episode instead of a reveal-marathon like VGAs (yeah, VGX now)

I'm still not mad at Keighley though - as always we overhyped this weeks before and some users even heated the hype even more with cryptic messages :lol I still think the VGX show will be pretty cool, and hope that Keighley will work full of passion as always

nib95

Banned
Anyone have a link to that trailer reel they showed just before they gave away the first PS4? The one with the countdown at the end?

well only if there was an release date with in a couple of months and/or gaming footage now it was similar to saying that there will be an PS4 slim

Come out in a couple of months? What?!

There'll be a full trailer in three weeks at the VGAs and it'll come out late 2014.

Gangxxter

The event was a great disappointment. The only thing that saved it from a complete disaster was Shu and Joey doing the banderas.gif
Everything else was way overhyped. Definitely not worth getting up at 5am to watch an only 1 hour stream.

Skeff

Doesn't MS own the rights to Gears? That was my understanding.

Epic own the IP, MS owns the publishing rights for X amount of games, rumors were that X was 4 hence GoW:J was pushed out the door on 360 for a new multi platform start on PS4/XB1.

We really don't know, but the way MS have been answering gears questions is that it is Epics decision which platforms the game is on.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Thanks Kojima for hyping a low-poly model. Thanks Geoff for hyping a forseeable game. Thanks ND for announcing Uncharted instead of Crash. And thanks Sony for the worst midnight-launch ever.

The DLC for TLoU was great. Towerfall was cool. The trailer for Infamous was cool.

But the hype destroid the whole show.

Thanks dark_inferno for the outrageous hyperbole.

Taker34

Banned
So what happened with the capcom SF announcement they were teasing? Is that suppose to be at a different event?

Maybe at the VGA VGX event? I think they pulled a couple of announcements to present them at VGX. I can imagine that they don't want to show us big titles at the launch event because it wouldn't have such an impact. In 3 weeks both consoles already launched in all major terretories and then there's a much bigger focus on new announcements and games.

Gangxxter

You did a great job! You were the highlight of the evening, by far!

Give this man an appropriate tag, he deserves it.

The event was disappointing given the hype, but it's not bad. At least games were announced.

Now let's all get ready to be disappointed by VGX by overhyping it, as we do every games event !! :D

Amir0x

Banned
the funny thing is even if I was excited for yet another Uncharted game, I definitely wouldn't be excited for it based on that lame teaser they showed. It was a fucking map and a lame voice over, wooow geoff! :p

Of course the Dorito Pope is going to hype his show... more viewers = job security etc for him.

"Look at all these ratings Keighley is bringing in... fans must love him!"

KAL2006

Banned
I'll tell you why this was highly dissapointing.

First off the biggest announcement may have not bothered being announced. The Uncharted 4 Teaser was just so boring, may as well just have a logo announcement. I also Last of Us PS4 port along with the DLC announcement, oh well.

Then exclusive content announcements for Destiny and MGS5, were boring and Kojima is such a troll.

Then we have inFamous which looks great, a late March release is dissapointing, we expected a Feb release.

Epic tweeting about announcement and not having nothing is a huge blow, I guess it was likely GAF over hyping and looking too much into tweets.

The biggest dissapointment is no gameplay still not shown for The Order, WTF, I thought we'd get that for sure.

All in all this was a terrible event loaded with too many adverts.

Top Bottom