• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation 4 Box design (not the games - the console)

ekim

for comparison:
xboxone_reserve_boxshpguq8.png

J-Rzez

Bright and eye catching, will do the job on shelves of stores. I like it. Nothing will match that ridiculous PS2 launch box "burple" color.

Would've prefered a throwback to the OG PS2 box, the nothing but blue one with just PS2 in the center?, that one was awesome. Still like it though.

Liamario

Banned
From a marketing perspective, the PS4 box is going to stand out more. In a slightly unrelated note, the PS4 is beautiful *swoons*

Yazuka

I think the box looks fine. Doesn't really matter though, I'm not going to use the box to play the games. (would be rad if that worked).

jaz013

Banned
Both look bland and generic, as the new generation is starting to look too... May buy the former, is Suda51 blesses it with one of its (almost certainly) master pieces.

(Maybe is really time for me to quit caring about video games).

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
That box is going to look great... flattened down and sitting in storage in my garage.

SpecX

Both look good. The Xbox 1 box looks more modern being mostly black, but the PS4 one works and reminds me of the PS2 box in a way. I still have my PS2 box and while it's beat to hell and faded, it was a beautiful box to walk out the store with when I got my system.

dejay

Banned
Still don't like the look of the pad. Looks like it was pieced together/a prototype. Like it's almost at the final design but not quite.
I'm sure it'll feel fine though, just doesn't look too nice visually.

I have to agree. I'm pretty much in lust with the actual console's shape now, but in my head I always see the controller as the Homer-car.

As for the box....yup, it's a box.

KaiserBecks

It's a shame we'll never get a box as beautiful as this one again:

Xbox One box does look fine though.

edit: lol, beaten. great minds think alike.

sappyday

What I want to know is where is the power button.

The box looks cool but it's a box that'll be thrown away the next day (unless you're one of those that collect the console boxes)

jaypah

I like it, though it looks more like the box you would use after a price drop as opposed to the launch box. It could be turquoise with flames painted on it for all I care, I just want the damn PS4.

Joeki11a

Banned
Can I preorder at Gamestop or did that stopped already?

after E3 it seems like the masses all rushed to preorder it

Just noticed that the console itself seems pretty well designed for future Special Editions. The current slim is a disaster in that area.

Diagol

this is what happened when I tried to look if next gen consoles were available to preorder today

asdfsadf_zpsa2e8c0f9.png

That's because they are currently sold out at Amazon.ca. I managed to pre-order one through there right after the conference last night. It didn't show a box or anything but it did show what the system looked like.

Best Buy.ca has it available there though (however, no pictures of the box or the system).

Joeki11a

Banned
What I want to know is where is the power button.

The box looks cool but it's a box that'll be thrown away the next day (unless you're one of those that collect the console boxes)

I still have my PS3 60 gig from 7 years ago....scary part it still looks the same

nib95

Banned
Love it. Sophisticated but fun and inviting. The XO's packaging whilst really slick, comes off as a bit evil and sinister lol. Kind of suits the console with it's DRM etc lol.

Like others have said, I get PS2 vibes from the console and even this box. It's not quite that good though. PS2 box is still the greatest.

Top Bottom