• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation 4 Box design (not the games - the console)

ekim

3max.jpg

for comparison the Xbone Box:

Love it. The blue is great, nothing's too over-stated. Sleek packaging.

EDIT: I actually like MS's box a lot better. It would've been cool if Sony had used that glossy flat/shiny black transition with a blue trim line in-between them to mimic the top of the console.

Forbiden

Meh. Doesn't scream "next-gen!" to me.

Must it? I don't see anything wrong with the box art. In fact, on the contrary, it somehow reminds me of the PS2, which is, rather simplistic.

I think its a top loader. Thats why we can't see it.

It's front loading. You can see where the disc goes in the official Sony images. It's on the left side of the console when looking at it horizontally.

Veronica

Banned
I'll be honest, as a fan of Microsoft, I am sort of mad at how perfect Sny is doing everything lol. They are really on a roll.

seb

Banned
It's perfect and it shall be mine. So relieved that there's still a console for me on the market :) MS had me worried for a while.

Zomba13

Still don't like the look of the pad. Looks like it was pieced together/a prototype. Like it's almost at the final design but not quite.
I'm sure it'll feel fine though, just doesn't look too nice visually.

Windforce

I love it how everything of this console reminds me of PS2.

Anyone worried the console is TOO small?

I mean Eurogamer said 30 cm x 25 cm x 5 cm.

And only back vents.

I'm worried it might overheat?

Yawnier

Banned
It has already been stated numerous times, but seems like to me that they are trying to go in the direction of cashing in on that PS2 nostalgia. Which is a safe and expected course of action given how successful that console was worldwide.

Top Bottom