• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 4 Pro |Launch Thread| PS4 Reloaded

Drewfonse

Mine arrived o/ got my copy of Dishonored 2 as well.

Still figuring out if I'll keep my Samsung 2tb SATA hard drive in my OG PS4 or move it into the PRO. I don't know which will have the faster loading times of the two.

Very interested in hearing D2 impressions on the Pro. I wonder if the 9Gb patch is up for it yet? I will hopefully be playing it later today.

Liamc723

Just called up my local GAME and they only have 4 left in stock, too much of a risk to wipe my current PS4 and then get into town to find out they've sold out.

Guess I'll have to wait until they get more stock :(

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
4K30 The Last of Us is amazing. The unlocked modes in this and Last Light still look amazing though.You don't sacrifice much for the performance. I think I'll stick to 30fps for photo mode for awhile though while I'm playing around

JP

I think it's the ethernet cable. I grabbed the only one I found in a box of cables and I suspect it originally dates back to the late 90s... I didn't even know the standards for ethernet cables had evolved over the years, I'll go to sleep a little less stupid tonight.
Could well be. Now real harm done though and it'll al be in the past and forgotten about a few days from now.

It is something that I've mentioned on here maybe two or three times somewhere over the past week or so but I imagine you won't be alone in having to wait like this. I have a 2TB drive in the old PS4 and deleted most of the contents to reduce the time I'd have to wait based on estimated transfer times that people had had while transferring data to the Slim version of the console and decided that I'm happy to wait a couple of hours or so and just download the rest.

I won't feel safe until it's all cone though, just incase there's a surprise power cut or something. It would be annoying but as long as no damage was done to the consoles, it wouldn't really matter. :)

Just walked in to walmart on my way to work and picked one up. Went to the back and found two employees (kids who looked like might be gamers actually) and neither one even knew what the Pro was. They pointed me to the Uncharted PS4 bundle as the "new one" and then the other said no, it's the new slim PS4 that I want. I had to explain to them what the Pro was and then they went in the back and after a couple minutes a different employee came out with a box of Pros that wasn't even opened yet, opened it up and gave me one.

So, anecdotal but if you want one it looks like will be pretty easy to pick one up without a preorder. I wasn't even sure I wanted one (no 4k tv), but I do have psvr so I figured if I could easily find one I'd go ahead and get it. Was nice to just walk in and out and get one in less than 10 minutes without hassle on launch day.

I'll be getting one of these consoles soon, I can't wait!

Definitely picking up Bloodborne and Infamous Second Son with First Light, alongside Final Fantasy XV.

eXistor

Two questions: Anyone tested World of Final Fantasy yet? Has anyone heard anything about FFXIV getting a patch?
It might just me going crazy, but to me the graphics seem considerably worse now (still playing version 1.01). I guess it's impossible, but the backgrond blur (I forget the technical term) seems to be not working correctly or something. I was playing the game on my old PS4 yesterday and I never noticed it, but as soon as I fired up the PS4 Pro after the transfer was done I instantly noticed the downgrade. But don't take my word for it, I have no proof.

Stupid question : does the Pro come with an ethernet cable?

Nope.

Yasuraka

Two questions: Anyone tested World of Final Fantasy yet? Has anyone heard anything about FFXIV getting a patch?

Can't speak for FFXIV, however World of Final Fantasy is still sat with update 1.01 for me so no upgrade. Checked for update just a few moments ago and not a jot.

Slaythe

So my tests so far as 1080p owner.

Ratchet and Clank : Gorgeous Super clean, feels like playing "bullshots". Wish they would have tweaked the face of Ratchet a little though.

Infamous : hideous forced ingame "HDR" that ruins everything and makes it hard to see at night, "better framerate" mode is a joy though.

Uncharted 4 : Underwhelming (still shitty shadows, really...?) but pretty clean IQ.

Bound : Gorgeous

Loading times are improved for several games compared to ps4.

martino

what is sure is that even local network tranfer are really bad on thoses hardware
i have ~400go to transfer from my og ps4 to the pro and it's not finished (launched 1hours 3/4 ago )
Not a local configuration problem when i can go up to 80Mo/sec when i dl from my nas to my pc (and it's probably because my in-wall network cables are sadly cat5e. Anyway, the link between pro and og ps4 don't use them)

just downloading my saves on to the pro now.

gee whiz, thanks for the 1gb of saves bioshock.

oooohand of course now i realise you can't download saves unless the game is already installed on the system. fuck that's a lot of messages i have to work through.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
Native 4K photo mode. It loses quite a bit without HDR though.

thelastofusremasteredors9w.png

Edit: haha wow looking at it in the thread on my low res laptop and then turning over to see it on the TV there's such a difference. You really can't show it off properly without being in person

So my tests so far as 1080p owner.

Ratchet and Clank : Gorgeous Super clean, feels like playing "bullshots". Wish they would have tweaked the face of Ratchet a little though.

Infamous : hideous forced ingame "HDR" that ruins everything and makes it hard to see at night, "better framerate" mode is a joy though.

Uncharted 4 : Underwhelming (still shitty shadows, really...?) but pretty clean IQ.

Bound : Gorgeous

Loading times are improved for several games compared to ps4.

Nice, I don't feel as bad now not owning a tv with hdr.

Transfer almost complete, the KS8000 should arrive any moment now.
I think I'm going to check out Ratchet and Clank first, haven't played the original.

What the hell Target? Went to sleep last night with no stock available for pick up and I wake up to all stores only have a ship to store pick up option. Doing a quick stock check shows stores have it in stock but not many. Looks like most stores only got 2 to 4 units. I wonder why Target won't just allow me to do an in store pick up? Is it because stores aren't open up here yet?

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone else using the Samsung JS series and seeing HDR not supported?

Does HDR content require any special settings on this TV? I've read that dynamic contrast should be on (normally it's recommended to be off) when viewing HDR content with color space set to native.
You need to enable 'Smart LED.' 'Dynamic contrast' isn't necessary, and yes, stick to the 'native' color space for now.
Nov 25, 2015

http://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung/js9000/settings

Any help?

Edit: I guess HDMI UHD colour needs to be on too. On my LG it was called HDMI Deep Colour and I had to manually enable it for each port

Edit: The Firewatch theme still looks amazing on the Pro thankfully by the way. Still the best theme on the system

black070

People want to see comparison shots but the problem is, it just won't hold up as well as compared to on screen, in motion.

That The Last of Us screenshot posted earlier is a great example of this, I only just played through that part and it looks so damn good.

Anung

Un Rama
Does anyone know what hard drive is currently in the pro and how it would compare to my Samsung 2tb SATA?

Basically will stick with what offers fastest loading times.

Going to need some of those 1080p set impressions! The better half claimed the 4K set for the bedroom so I'm stuck on the 1080p set for my gaming purposes.

M.W.

Mission accomplished.

Went to Target this morning, picked up a Pro and Titanfall 2.

Titanfall 2 was $35 using the cartwheel app plus I saved another 10% off the entire purchase by DLing the kids wish list app.

Now a long day of work.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
People want to see comparison shots but the problem is, it just won't hold up as well as compared to on screen, in motion.

That The Last of Us screenshot posted earlier is a great example of this, I only just played through that part and it looks so damn good.

Yeah there's no substitute for seeing it in person, I agree.

Fisty

Spent some time with Rez Area X, Until Dawn Rush of Blood and Eagle Flight last night

Area X is amazingly crisp, the image is so much better and everything looks so much clearer

Until Dawn looks quite a bit higher res at distance as well, you can make out the little spiders on the ground way better, and the pixel shimmer on the guys face and body is almost completely eliminated. Looks amazing.

Eagle Flight was fantastic but I didn't play it before Pro so I can't offer thoughts on the upgrade. Game is incredibly clean though.

Pro was made for VR, without a doubt

I've just attempted to fit a 2000mA battery into my new DS4 and unless I'm going crazy, the connector is smaller so my DS4 battery doesn't fit. Bugger.

barit

She is finally here!!! YEAH. God how I love that background music. It screams just classy. And my faster Internet got unlocked too. Yep today is a good day :D

Top Bottom