• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 4 Pro |Launch Thread| PS4 Reloaded

I don't understand. I'm doing the transfer thing but it's only giving me the option to transfer over Infinite Warfare and none of my other games that I bought as digital downloads. Can anybody tell me what's going on and what I need to do to get everything else? I don't want to download this stuff over PSN again.

Korezo

Anyone have NBA2k17 and can test that game? It's supposedly native 4k 60fps, but know one wants to take a look at the game.

Disguises

Guys my Pro came with default sound output HDMI and PCM(linear).
Honestly I never understood these settings.I am using not that fancy Philips 5.1 and the setup is like this:pS4 PRO to TV with HDMI and then TV to Philips with optical cable. Should I leave it like this or use Dolby/DTS under HDMI.
I have the same surround sound setup and I don't think PCM passes through optical, so it's best to change to dolby/DTS to get 5.1 through to your receiver.

icespide

Banned
What the hell Target? Went to sleep last night with no stock available for pick up and I wake up to all stores only have a ship to store pick up option. Doing a quick stock check shows stores have it in stock but not many. Looks like most stores only got 2 to 4 units. I wonder why Target won't just allow me to do an in store pick up? Is it because stores aren't open up here yet?

in my experience, Target's store inventory checking and store pick up stuff is horribly inaccurate and terrible

d9b

Banned
Question:

If I install a game, spend some time playing and then transfer my backup from external HardDrive, will I still have that game installed or will the backup override everything?

kriskrosbbk

I have the same surround sound setup and I don't think PCM passes through optical, so it's best to change to dolby/DTS to get 5.1 through to your receiver.

It seems that my five speakers are active constantly at the moment,which is not really 5.1 per my understanding.I will try DTS or Dolby whatever the difference is and see.

tommyguns

Picked up my Pro this morning at target. Transfer will be complete in 3 minutes. Picked up titanfall 2, dishonored 2, and skyrim special edition. Took today off work. This is gonna be good!

2160p - RGB (unsupported)

Do i have to enable this somehow? Ive got a Sony 4k from last year. Now i only got 2160p - yuv420. What exactly is the difference?😔

TLZ

Banned
quick and dirty first light comparison: 1080p higher resolution vs 1080p higher framerate

infamousfirstlight_204ssv6.png

infamousfirstlight_2010spw.png

Impressive that the shimmer is eliminated. It looks so much better in motion too because of the supersample.

Edit: 4k comparison coming soon.

I downloaded Infamous first light for 4k and hdr but I am a bit underwhelmed. It looks clearer but dark for some odd reason. Or am I doing something wrong?

imFamous First Light on the Pro is great. I'm only on a 1080p TV for the time being but the increase in frame rate alone is very welcome, feels silky smooth when running through the city. Looks great as well then again it always did!

I downloaded Infamous first light for 4k and hdr but I am a bit underwhelmed. It looks clearer but dark for some odd reason. Or am I doing something wrong?

I'm also noticing that is fairly dark too even when just running it in 1080p. I cranked up the lighting a bit to compensate, but I did wonder if there was something I was doing wrong.

How nice, my PS4 Pro arrived with 2 huge scratches at the bottom.

Amazon offered me a £33.24 refund or a replacement but I would have to wait over a week for that. So I took the partial refund, scratches are at the bottom anyway.

Sorry to hear that. That would bother me but eventually i would forget about it.

TLZ

Banned
imFamous First Light on the Pro is great. I'm only on a 1080p TV for the time being but the increase in frame rate alone is very welcome, feels silky smooth when running through the city. Looks great as well then again it always did!

I'm also noticing that is fairly dark too even when just running it in 1080p. I cranked up the lighting a bit to compensate, but I did wonder if there was something I was doing wrong.

I max'd out the brightness in game and it still feels dark. It shouldn't be this way. Feels like low contrast.

Someone please tell me I'm doing something wrong.

I read something about forced HDR or something? Not sure. But that would be weird.

I max'd out the brightness in game and it still feels dark. It shouldn't be this way. Feels like low contrast.

Someone please tell me I'm doing something wrong.
No, my guess is they messed up implementing HDR. I had it too and all other games are fine.

JakR

exFAT is easiest but FAT32 is fine, the PS4 reformats it anyway so I think it can be anything. Put the new 2TB in the Pro and then put the full update file on a USB under PS4>UPDATE and let it initialise. Then sign in on both consoles and start the transfer. You could deactivate the OG PS4 at any time it shouldn't matter.

Hello short question, after swapping hdd to Firecuda 2 tb and updating firmware it goes nowhere for me, black screen and nothing else. Power button does nothing.

I really hope it is not a defect firecuda. :(

Feeroper

Quick question - I'm picking my Pro up today and plan to immediately pop in a new 2 tb HDD, however, should I turn it on first with the stock drive or is it okay to swap HDD's first then install the OS via USB as per normal?

I wasn't sure if the system needed to be initialized or anything first before changing out HDD's.

Jaybad54

Neo Member
Can anyone comment on HDR 8 bit vs HDR 10 bit? I understand that if you set the output on the pro to 2160p - RGB, you will be limited to 8 bit, whereas if you select yuv you will get 10 bit HDR. Any word on which looks better?

CyberChulo

What setting are you guys playing Rise of the Tomb Raider at? I using a 1080p at work and can't decide between 4K or Enriched. They both look great. Also, where's the HDR option?

VertPin

Can anyone comment on HDR 8 bit vs HDR 10 bit? I understand that if you set the output on the pro to 2160p - RGB, you will be limited to 8 bit, whereas if you select yuv you will get 10 bit HDR. Any word on which looks better?
I would like to know this too.
not impossible just very unlikely
We will just have to hope for the best. Sony would be stupid to not patch one of their biggest new IP's.

Quick question - I'm picking my Pro up today and plan to immediately pop in a new 2 tb HDD, however, should I turn it on first with the stock drive or is it okay to swap HDD's first then install the OS via USB as per normal?

I wasn't sure if the system needed to be initialized or anything first before changing out HDD's.

Put in the new one right away. Just remember that you have to download the OS in its entirety and just the update.

Here a link:

http://deu01.ps4.update.playstation...41cfe2f0dec1bb4663571de78ae31cf/PS4UPDATE.PUP

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
Hello short question, after swapping hdd to Firecuda 2 tb and updating firmware it goes nowhere for me, black screen and nothing else. Power button does nothing.

I really hope it is not a defect firecuda. :(

Hmmm if it did the update / initialisation fine it doesn't seem like a hdd issue though. Try booting to safe mode. https://www.playstation.com/en-au/g...-system-stability/safe-mode-on-playstation-4/

Some people have needed to turn on HDCP 1.4 in safe mode if you're using an older TV that doesn't support HDCP 2.2 as well

Kurdel

Banned
Spent some time with Rez Area X, Until Dawn Rush of Blood and Eagle Flight last night

Area X is amazingly crisp, the image is so much better and everything looks so much clearer

Oh maaaaaaan so excited!

Only 30 minutes left for my transfer!

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
I would like to know this too.

We will just have to hope for the best. Sony would be stupid to not patch one of their biggest new IP's.

Just leave it on Automatic and you'll be fine. Everyone is overthinking this. If you leave it on auto it will output RGB 8bit when HDR is off and YUV4:2:0 10bit when HDR is on. You don't need to do anything it just works on it's own.

wowzors

Does anybody know if any targets have these? Online it all says pick up in store 11/17 or shipping 11/15. I was hoping I could just walk in the store and pick one up.

For those who have been downloading stuff on their Pro, how is the download speeds with the new wifi chip? I'm all digital and want to know what i'm getting myself into when I pick one up next week lol.

Pejo

Gold Member
Got everything set up at home for the system transfer. Even have the old system set off to the side and dusted the entertainment center. I'll play a few games tonight, and do the system transfer while I sleep. I'm most excited to see how VR is improved, so that's what I'm going to focus on until my transfer is done because I don't feel like re-downloading all those patches.

C'mon workday, go fast!

Pjsprojects

quick and dirty first light comparison: 1080p higher resolution vs 1080p higher framerate

infamousfirstlight_204ssv6.png

infamousfirstlight_2010spw.png

Impressive that the shimmer is eliminated. It looks so much better in motion too because of the supersample.

Edit: 4k comparison coming soon.

Need a poverty spec PS4 pic to compare with as well but for me I'm not seeing to much improvement in a lot of Pro pics.

Twice today Iv'e hovered over the order button for next day delivery but backed out thinking I'd regret it.

Jaybad54

Neo Member
Just leave it on Automatic and you'll be fine. Everyone is overthinking this. If you leave it on auto it will output RGB 8bit when HDR is off and YUV4:2:0 10bit when HDR is on. You don't need to do anything it just works on it's own.

Is that confirmed? Find it so hard to trust the automatic settings after the base PS4 settings on "automatic" were so poor. Hoping thats the case as it makes life easier!

Top Bottom