• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 4 Pro |Launch Thread| PS4 Reloaded

For those who have been downloading stuff on their Pro, how is the download speeds with the new wifi chip? I'm all digital and want to know what i'm getting myself into when I pick one up next week lol.

Using the 5ghz WiFI because my router happens to be in the same room and I'm downloading right now at 12-15 MB/s. So seems to be working really well.

Klotera

2160p - RGB (unsupported)

Do i have to enable this somehow? Ive got a Sony 4k from last year. Now i only got 2160p - yuv420. What exactly is the difference?😔

If it's a non-HDR 4K with HDMI 2.0, that should be correct. Those only support 4k/60 with 4:2:0.

That is the same thing I have my Nvidia Shield set to on my Sony Xbr55x850b.

Does anybody know if any targets have these? Online it all says pick up in store 11/17 or shipping 11/15. I was hoping I could just walk in the store and pick one up.

Online target said that there was no inventory in stores until 11/17. I walked into my local target a half hour after it opened and they were just receiving them in the back. Walked out with one 10 minutes later fwiw.

By the way, the upscaler is great on this thing! 1080p games look better than they did on my TV's upscaler.

Also, the firmer buttons and sturdier analog sticks on the Dual Shock v2 are a big improvement.

Tinúviel

I have Sony KDL-43W805C TV and Dell Ultrasharp 1440p U2515H Monitor and Pro games looks stunning on both devices.

I am a little bit disappointed since 1440p is not an native output option but:

IQ is INSANE.

I'm playing TF2 and MWR since day one and especially TF2 blew my mind it looks superbly clean now and i wish i can get TF2's 1440p res on my monitor as native output.

2 captures from 3840*2160 to 1080p.

callofduty_modernwarf7lu86.png

ratchet_clank_2016111rhule.png

Elios83

Here's my unboxing!

IMG_20161110_WA0029.jpg

20161110_114628.jpg

20161110_114911.jpg

20161110_115328.jpg

20161110_121821.jpg

20161110_120926.jpg

I've swapped the hard drive with a 2TB unit.
I've tried three games: Tomb Raider, Uncharted 4 and R&C.
All of them have noticeable resoution increases and the HDR in such high res looks amazing.
But so far I've really liked R&C, it looks and it is smooth like a CG movie, amazing.
Tonight I'll try Dishonored 2 and other games.

jfoul

I went to Target to pick up Titanfall 2 on sale, and noticed a grandmother picking up a PS4 Pro. I totally forgot about it's release, and really didn't care much.

So much for that. I went home and ordered it from target with another 10% wish list coupon + 5% Red Card discount. It ended up being $366 out the door. I don't have a 4K TV yet, but w/e.

Edit: I think I'm going to pick up a 2TB Firecuda for this as well.

Tomb raider's image quality, even on a 1080p display, really is something to behold.

Shame the DOF isn't too great in cutscenes and makes things look lower res than they are.

b0bbyJ03

I saw someone ask earlier but IDK if it was answered, has anyone tried plugging the pro into a 1440p monitor? I've got a 1ms monitor and I wouldnt mind using it for shooters. Do it for science!

//DEVIL//

Does anybody here think the eject sound is kinds funny/weird when the disk is ejecting ?

It sounds different than the 3 ps4 I tried /had before

Mystery

So I was just having some issues with transferring data from my old PS4 to my Pro, but I fixed it. I don't know if anyone else will have these issues, but here is the problem and solution.

Other PS4 not found:

If you put your original PS4 in the DMZ on your router, there's a chance that it's showing a WAN IP as it's IP when you go to network settings. Your PS4 Pro will show a LAN IP, and it won't be able to find your old PS4 on the network. I solved the issue by disabling the DMZ.

I'm trying to transfer stuff over but whenever it tells me to hold down the button on the other ps4 my system shuts down and it says I don't have a Lan connected. Anybody else have this problem?

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
I bought the vertical stand straight from amazon used but like/new. The screw wasnt included. Now i have a paperweight.

Wtf. Horizontal for now...

kikonawa

Just picked up my pro. Restoring my ps4 backup trough the usb3 back port.. 296gb needs 78 estimated minutes.. restoring is faster then taking the backup it seems. Took me around 3 hours

I read something about forced HDR or something? Not sure. But that would be weird.

Yeah, just did a bit more digging via Sucker Punches twitter page and found the following:
https://www.suckerpunch.com/hdr-and-4k/

My Pro is just plugged directly into the 1080p TV with a normal HDMI cable (not the supplied cable, its a bit too short) so hopefully they can patch or address the issue. Its not a huge deal, only if your in a pitch black area, well lit areas look amazing, its just back alleys and the like that seem a bit too dark for me.

Slaythe

Yeah, just did a bit more digging via Sucker Punches twitter page and found the following:
https://www.suckerpunch.com/hdr-and-4k/

My Pro is just plugged directly into the 1080p TV with a normal HDMI cable (not the supplied cable, its a bit too short) so hopefully they can patch or address the issue. Its not a huge deal, only if your in a pitch black area, well lit areas look amazing, its just back alleys and the like that seem a bit too dark for me.

Yeah their dynamic HDR is awful, it was always present. So they probably won't fix it ever.

Play Ratchet and Clank to have your jaw drop !

677d187f2b469f5c50e0fae27484bfd4.png

OVDRobo

Man... What an irritating set of circumstances my setup gave me.

Getting through the transfer from my old PS4 to my new one was easy enough, despite the router dropping connection the first time so I couldn't connect to Sony's server to do whatever handshaking needs to be done before the transfer actually starts.

After that though... absolute hell. First I connected the Pro through my soundbase to my television, only to discover in the video output settings that although my soundbase can handle passing through a 4K signal, it can't do anything related to HDR and only supports HDCP 1.4.

Wanting to get all the features my TV supports, I figure I'll just connect the pro directly to my TV and see how it is without the nice audio my soundbase provides.

No dice. For some reason, I get sound but no picture when I directly connect my pro to my TV. I connect it back up to the soundbase so I can see what I'm doing and try switching off every bell and whistle when it comes to video and sound and manually set the resolution to 1080p to maximise the chances of eliminating whatever is causing me to not get any video. Still nothing.

At this point, I'm sweating thinking that I've dumped my money into something that isn't going to work properly or at the very best, work in a hindered state. After unplugging and re-plugging far too many cables in a cramped space while messing with individual settings, in a last ditch attempt, I tried disabling HDCP... and it worked.

Even stranger still, connecting my PS4P through my soundbase with HDCP enabled, then unplugging it and connecting it directly to my TV gets a picture and the video output settings readout states that my TV can do HDR, 4K, and has HDCP 2.2, but if I reboot the PS4P with HDCP still on, I get the same black screen with audio issue I had at the start.

For now I've got a weird jury-rigged setup where I'm running the PS4 pro directly connected to the TV with HDCP disabled and using an optical cable to the soundbase for audio. I've tried searching for a more manageable solution, but it seems people have been having similar black screen on boot issues with HDCP and the PS4 for years.

Mystery

I'm trying to transfer stuff over but whenever it tells me to hold down the button on the other ps4 my system shuts down and it says I don't have a Lan connected. Anybody else have this problem?

You don't have to hold the button very long. You press it for maybe a half second until it beeps once.

viHuGi

Banned
Tinúviel;223948644 said:
I have Sony KDL-43W805C TV and Dell Ultrasharp 1440p U2515H Monitor and Pro games looks stunning on both devices.

I am a little bit disappointed since 1440p is not an native output option but:

IQ is INSANE.

I'm playing TF2 and MWR since day one and especially TF2 blew my mind it looks superbly clean now and i wish i can get TF2's 1440p res on my monitor as native output.

2 captures from 3840*2160 to 1080p.

callofduty_modernwarf7lu86.png

ratchet_clank_2016111rhule.png

OMG amazing, MwR had some aliasing issues and intensive bloom for me, looks much better now.

Can you do one for Black Opa 3? How is it?

Vashetti

Banned
Has Super Stardust Ultra been patched already?

The notes don't mention anything, but the list of launch games says SSU should be ready.

cakely

Amazon doing God's work. 10am delivery of PS4P.

I backed up my PS4 last night (less than two hours for 300GB), now I just need to finish the work day. :)

Loudninja

Some small details on The Last Guardian
The Last Guardian will be supporting PlayStation 4 Pro, with the much awaited game upscaling to 4K and bringing minor performance improvements on Sony's new console when it launches this December.

The specifics on what exactly the PS4 Pro version will bring remain fuzzy, but it will also support HDR - a feature that's not PS4 Pro-specific - via a patch.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-11-10-the-last-guardian-is-getting-ps4-pro-support

Jeels

So I see a link in the OP for transferring your data from one PS4 to another. But what about any other settings? If I am wiping my hardware and installing a fresh firmware before I sell it, do I still need to go into any account management to disassociate my PS4 from my account?

iMax

Can anyone comment on HDR 8 bit vs HDR 10 bit? I understand that if you set the output on the pro to 2160p - RGB, you will be limited to 8 bit, whereas if you select yuv you will get 10 bit HDR. Any word on which looks better?

There is no 8-bit HDR. 8-bit is just normal video output.

Top Bottom