• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Discussion Thread 2 (read OP first)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt making alt costumes is a priority for the next possible reveals if they need to rush to get em in for release anyway.

Also I wonder when we will see the final boxart. I'd imagine theres no need to keep it a secret anymore unless they have something like Crash or FF character that they absolutely have to get on the cover lol. I hope they do a good job with it. Kudos to them if they manage to fit in every character and make it look awesome lol.

KalBalboa

Banned
I doubt making alt costumes is a priority for the next possible reveals if they need to rush to get em in for release anyway.

Also I wonder when we will see the final boxart. I'd imagine theres no need to keep it a secret anymore unless they have something like Crash or FF character that they absolutely have to get on the cover lol. I hope they do a good job with it. Kudos to them if they manage to fit in every character and make it look awesome lol.

I keep assuming a lot of things they've yet to reveal include characters we don't know about yet. The unfinished character selection, unknown boxart, etc.

I think the fact that they're dancing around an official confirmation of the count means something, at least. They posted the discount on their FB, but I didn't see a mention of the dlc costume count.

Well concidering everything I think its safe to assume the roster will be over 20 and I think this means on disc too. Announcing DLC characters 2 months prior to release just doesn't sound right, especially with Omar being persistent that they get on disc as much as they can.

SmithnCo

Well concidering everything I think its safe to assume the roster will be over 20. Announcing DLC characters 2 months prior to release just doesn't sound right, especially with Omar being persistent that they get on disc as much as they can.

Yeah. I think it's safe to assume they may have moved some DLC to disc to make up for the delay. We'll see if they announce Mink's characters for disc eventually. If not then hopefully that means they had somehow managed to keep some under wraps.

shink

Yeah. I think it's safe to assume they may have moved some DLC to disc to make up for the delay. We'll see if they announce Mink's characters for disc eventually. If not then hopefully that means they had somehow managed to keep some under wraps.
Could be, although then they'll need to add in their story mode and rivals/minions stuff if they are stock characters as I doubt DLC characters would have any of that. I guess that could be the reason for the delay.

SmithnCo

Could be, although then they'll need to add in their story mode and rivals/minions stuff if they are stock characters as I doubt DLC characters would have any of that. I guess that could be the reason for the delay.

I hope even future DLC characters have that stuff, I guess they could be released two at a time and be rivals with each other... Or just fight a random other character instead of a unique rival.

Kat totally needs to have that white-haired police guy as her minion though. Or Raven.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
I think that Brawl character select screen looks messy, honestly. I don't find it appealing at all. But then again, I don't care for character select screens anyway, I do remember Melee having a decent looking one, though.

Anyway, I'm more interested in any additional character reveals, and any more media from SuperBot showcasing stuff like 1v1, and 2v2, story mode, minions, etc. I don't care about stock mode, because, dude, it's stock mode. I think we know how it works. Stock will be the go to mode, I know, but it's not like they can shed any new light on how a stock mode works.

Mr. Fix

I want to know the specifics for the online tourney mode; things such as the maximum amount of players for lobbies, ability to choose stock, team tourneys, etc.

J-Tier

I think that Brawl character select screen looks messy, honestly. I don't find it appealing at all. But then again, I don't care for character select screens anyway, I do remember Melee having a decent looking one, though.

Anyway, I'm more interested in any additional character reveals, and any more media from SuperBot showcasing stuff like 1v1, and 2v2, story mode, minions, etc. I don't care about stock mode, because, dude, it's stock mode. I think we know how it works. Stock will be the go to mode, I know, but it's not like they can shed any new light on how a stock mode works.

Brawl's character select screen is awful. Though, yeah, it's a part of the game I don't really take notice of.

As for more info...I'm hungry...

SmithnCo

I want to know the specifics for the online tourney mode; things such as the maximum amount of players for lobbies, ability to choose stock, team tourneys, etc.

Yeah... There is a lot I want to know about this. Spectating, chat, how the lobby works. Stuff like King of the Hill from MK would be really fun. Or lobbies that give each match a random set of rules.

Mainly I just hope they have spectating in, hell, even Brawl had a (weird) version of it.

Spinluck

Looking back at Royale's roster,

tumblr_lzlusoe7Nf1ql3a4xo2_250.gif

???

It's the best roster in the series..

KalBalboa

Banned
Do preview builds of fighting games usually allow 20 playable characters? Lol.

The marketing and development teams for this game must have laid out a six-month plan a while back on rolling out new builds for events. Every time we see this game it's got new characters and stages, and considering that they're really the selling point here... they must have blueprinted this all out.

Here's hoping we get to see some crazy stuff at the 11th hour when all is announced.

I wonder how the difficulties will be for CPU controlled players. If they have some sort of horde mode ala wireframe mode in this game, you think online coop would work with it??
It'd be kind of fun.

Spinluck

Don't get me wrong. I love the first-party characters they've chosen. Staples like Jak, Ratchet, Kratos, Sly and co. How a character like FP or Kat can make it in before Wander baffles me though.

I'm surprised people are asking for more characters on the demo. Lol!

Actually Mr. Fix, I misread your post.

I thought you were saying Brawls roster was terrible.

For some reason I read "Royale" as "Brawl".

Don't ask how. Lol.

SmithnCo

I wonder how the difficulties will be for CPU controlled players. If they have some sort of horde mode ala wireframe mode in this game, you think online coop would work with it??
It'd be kind of fun.

Damn, that would be fun. They'd probably need their own version of the wireframes so it doesn't screw with the framerate, maybe fighting polygon(man)s.

Really they could do a lot with the online modes and options. A mode where you can only use level 3s or gain level 1s almost instantly would be cool as well.

J-Tier

Damn, that would be fun. They'd probably need their own version of the wireframes so it doesn't screw with the framerate, maybe fighting polygon(man)s.

Really they could do a lot with the online modes and options. A mode where you can only use level 3s or gain level 1s almost instantly would be cool as well.

Hopefully they go the extra mile and have us fighting some actual enemies that reference different games...

Then again...those "actual enemies" assets could go towards more characters xD

SmithnCo

Hopefully they go the extra mile and have us fighting some actual enemies that reference different games...

Then again...those "actual enemies" assets could go towards more characters xD

Or you could fight off a wave of the chibi minions.

That might be... oddly satisfying.

Spinluck

The marketing and development teams for this game must have laid out a six-month plan a while back on rolling out new builds for events. Every time we see this game it's got new characters and stages, and considering that they're really the selling point here... they must have blueprinted this all out.

Here's hoping we get to see some crazy stuff at the 11th hour when all is announced.

I guess, it's nice that SB is doing this though.

I feel like I have a feel for what type of players will be attracted to certain characters, all because SuperBot has incorporated all these different styles.

It'd be kind of fun.

I for one want the AI to be insane. Lol.

It took me about a week of playing Brawl to figure out how to man handle the level 9 CPU. I do feel that they were much better than Melee's AI which was so easy to expose. But whatever, these games aren't really meant for us to only fight CPU controlled characters. But I like to torture myself and do 3v1 against 3 level 9 computers in Smash lol, I hope to do the same here.

And it would be nice to have some sort of coop mode, I thought the Events in Smash were super cool. Cause it gave you chances to do things you couldn't do in any other mode. Plus if you have a sense of humor, some of the scenario's were pretty funny. The Coop events were awesome, but I remember Melee having much better events than Brawl.

It'd be cool if there were special scenarios for you and a coop buddy like, regardless how cheesy the titles would be lol. Like, "Radec has found a way to harness Rift Energy, and he has infinite level 1 supers!! Kill him with 2 level 3's before he KO's you and your ally!!". Just something silly like that would suffice, and it'd be fun to unlock certain things through these modes/events.

KevinCow

Banned
I wonder how they're gonna arrange the character select screen. I hope they put some thought into it and don't just scatter characters around randomly. I really like when fighting games put some thought into how they're gonna group their characters, but right now, it's looking more like they're scattered about randomly.

I'd do something like this:

QCvMb.png

Top row for the realistic humanoid characters, bottom row for the cartoon style characters. Characters arranged from left to right based on their first appearance. Third-party characters off to the right side, Big Daddy dropped down to the bottom row to make two even rows of 10.

I hope 2 v 2 has some awesome tag-combos. I also hope there are some awesome "Team" modes like 1v1 with a roster of 6 on 6 elimination. K.O a character x times and then you are forced to switch out to the next in your roster pick.

plainr_

I hope 2 v 2 has some awesome tag-combos. I also hope there are some awesome "Team" modes like 1v1 with a roster of 6 on 6 elimination. K.O a character x times and then you are forced to switch out to the next in your roster pick.

I was just thinking that. Having a secondary character tag team style would fit well in this game.

J-Tier

I never really thought about 2 v 2...oh man...some super setups will probably be unavoidable.

Mr. Fix

Joel and Ellie

UuyUD.jpg

Jodie Holmes

Q9IyB.jpg

DLC?
In my dreams.
Would be a great advertisement if they did.

inb4 Ellie and Jodie are clones.

TheMink

Joel and Ellie

UuyUD.jpg

Jodie Holmes

Q9IyB.jpg

DLC?
In my dreams.
Would be a great advertisement if they did.

inb4 Ellie and Jodie are clones.

Except the 10 year age difference :p

But ellie actually looks different now, i think they were trying to make her look less like ellen page.

Man, I'm getting antsy waiting for new info to break. I wish Paul Gale would leak whatever info he has already... but I also respect his dedication to not screwing over Superbot. I just want to know if there are more characters to be revealed at TGS, and if one of them is Lightning...

At this point, though, I'm pretty much of the mind that there are definitely more on-disc characters, whether Lightning is in or not. It's too far out from release to Superbot to have revealed every character, and I don't think they'd only have DLC characters this far out either. They also haven't said anything direct about these 20 characters comprising the entire roster, and I'd think they would if that really was it. So yeah, I'm hopeful that there are more characters to be revealed!

I wonder how they're gonna arrange the character select screen. I hope they put some thought into it and don't just scatter characters around randomly. I really like when fighting games put some thought into how they're gonna group their characters, but right now, it's looking more like they're scattered about randomly.

I'd do something like this:

QCvMb.png

Top row for the realistic humanoid characters, bottom row for the cartoon style characters. Characters arranged from left to right based on their first appearance. Third-party characters off to the right side, Big Daddy dropped down to the bottom row to make two even rows of 10.

It does make you realize that the roster is balanced in some way. Ryu would be an extra humanoid character and Kat an extra addition to the cartoon half. Will change if the number of playable characters is uneven, but it's still a great accomplishment.

Joel and Ellie

While I love how TLoU looks and is progressing, I think that this game doesn't need more gun wielding human brawlers. I know, Ellie would throw bricks or something but still, this game needs more of the old school soul, like Crash, Spyro, Arc or Rudy. More colorful and different characters.

J-Tier

While I love how TLoU looks and is progressing, I think that this game doesn't need more gun wielding human brawlers. I know, Ellie would throw bricks or something but still, this game needs more of the old school soul, like Crash, Spyro, Arc or Rudy. More colorful and different characters.

Despite that, TLoU's post-apocalyptic setting would probably make a great stage. I agree though..as characters, they'd be bland in comparison to other potential characters.

I can see Jodie Holmes working out, though at this point, I'm going to say her moveset will be pretty shallow to prevent spoilers, not sure I'd like that.

SmithnCo

Joel and Ellie could be interesting if they had a team mechanic of some kind...

Jodie would be cool too depending on how the story/her powers in that game go. I wonder if they'd need Ellen Page to sign off on her appearance though, lol.

Yes, no Ubi character is...interesting. If not AC then Rayman, surely? Maybe in a future sequel.

I want:

1) Rayman
2) Chick from AC PSVITA
3) Whatever other Assassin there is

but I don't generally want an Assassin Creed's rep.

Having Rayman would be fantastic, and having the VITA Assassin would rep both females and VITA.

Ashhong

Are you guys really bored or is there some reason you are discussing rivalries? Like, does it really matter who rivals who?

I want:

1) Rayman
2) Chick from AC PSVITA
3) Whatever other Assassin there is

but I don't generally want an Assassin Creed's rep.

Having Rayman would be fantastic, and having the VITA Assassin would rep both females and VITA.

If Smash Bros adds a few third party characters, Rayman will be in it. Ubisoft is doing exclusive games for Wii U, Rayman Legends being one of them, it seems a better fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom