• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Discussion Thread 2 (read OP first)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashhong

We don't have exclusive information, if that's what you were wondering.

It's not.

I agree.

Let's talk about how much Crash should be in this game instead.

Lulz, so touchy. I was serious with my question. Is rivalries going to play a big part in SP or something? Sounds like a really ridiculous thing to debate and ponder over. At least Crash would affect the game.

But it sounds like you answered my question, you guys are just bored.

Lulz, so touchy. I was serious with my question. Is rivalries going to play a big part in SP or something? Sounds like a really ridiculous thing to debate and ponder over. At least Crash would affect the game.

Well sure we are bored when theres so little news to discuss but rivalries do play a big part in SP. Pretty much means what characters interract with each other in cutscenes. It's also fun just to speculate.

KevinCow

Banned
It's not.

Just pointing out that there's not really anything else to talk about that hasn't already been discussed a million times over.

A1hBvE8CEAAujXc.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/R2theRobot/status/241014857095319552/photo/1/large

Haha found this on one of the Combat Designers Twitter Page
I would love if there would be a plushie of Sly that looked like that. Soooooo cute!

Shahed

Finished Ratchet HD Collection a few days ago, and it cemented him as being one of the first few I'm going to try out.

I then moved onto Tales of Graces F. Really like the combat so far. Not far enough to see how the characters/story will pan out, but early impressions are that I'm sure I'll enjoy the game a lot. Got me wondering if there could be a Tales character as future DLC.

Only problem is my favourite Tales characters aren't on Sony platforms (Sheena and Yuri from Symphonia and Vesperia). I suppose they could do a Xillia character for cross promotion

k_Reign

For some reason my computer won't load Neogaf :( I have to use a different computer. I haven't shared the hype in like 3 weeks! Fortunately though, I've gotten quite a few people to preorder this game by showing them Raiden and whatnot :p

J-Tier

Oh yeah, new Ratchet render on the official site.

Much better, since the last one they used was from All 4 One. Get on that, CC!

Looks like they're constantly updating the site. They're definitely gearing up for something.

On another note, I like the new ratchet design--hopefully they fix up his in-game animation too as his angry scowl seems so odd haha.

Also a switch slider for alt costumes!! Cool.

I thought it was only me and a few other fans rooting for Crash but man I just went to the site and the fan chatbox on the bottom right corner is just loaded up with "CRASH" comments.

I thought it was only me and a few other fans rooting for Crash but man I just went to the site and the fan chatbox on the bottom right corner is just loaded up with "CRASH" comments.

That's been there since they had the old site; kinda disappointing that they don't change it up like every other day or something.

SykoTech

Nearly every video on this game has at least one comment asking for Crash with lots of thumbs up. There's no way that SuperBot could be unaware that people want him. Whether or not they'll get permission to use Crash is the question.

Oh yeah, new Ratchet render on the official site.

http://i.imgur.com/DDqaQ.png

Much better, since the last one they used was from All 4 One. Get on that, CC!

Very pleased to see that they got rid of the All 4 One render. That look is decent for R&C spinoffs I guess, but it shouldn't be Ratchet's main appearance at all.

J-Tier

*shakes my head*

People still calling fat princess a peach clone...

You can compare them sure, but an outright clone is absurd.

KevinCow

Banned
I find it weird that we've got all the leaked characters, but barely half the leaked stages.

I wonder if that means anything.

KevinCow

Banned
I hate bringing this topic back up, but man, but man it kinda irks me that Capcom isn't consistent about this shit. From another thread:

iMUas.jpg

So if it's their own in-house Japan only thing, classic Dante is ok!

LEON INSTEAD OF CHRIS!

Capcpom finally gets something right.

Edit: ALSO HOLY SHIT THEY'RE ACKNOWLEDGING MEGA MAN'S EXISTENCE!

Yeah, PS characters in the chronological order and then the third parties in the chronological order. Thank you Wikipedia. DLC characters will have their own order as well.

Sweet Tooth being the oldest PS character in the game isn't something that comes to mind often, hm?

Shahed

Yeah, PS characters in the chronological order and then the third parties in the chronological order. Thank you Wikipedia. DLC characters will have their own order as well.

Sweet Tooth being the oldest PS character in the game isn't something that comes to mind often, hm?

Yup. I'd never heard of the name Sweet Tooth until the Michael advert and Twisted Metal until around the same time. I'd seen the pictures floating around a few times, just never knew what they were form.

How much experience do you have with him? As far as I know, it was huge in America, and had no presence elsewhere

bakedpony

Yup. I'd never heard of the name Sweet Tooth until the Michael advert and Twisted Metal until around the same time. I'd seen the pictures floating around a few times, just never knew what they were form.

How much experience do you have with him? As far as I know, it was huge in America, and had no presence elsewhere

The series did popularize the car combat genre back in the day. A rival series, Vigilante 8 even appeared a few years later.

Sweet Tooth's face is in all the covers of every Twisted Metal game.

Back then I didn't know much about it, did read in a magazine that you could blow up the Eiffel Tower in the second game. Some things just stay in the back of your mind forever, hah. But of the few 90s characters in this game, Heihachi is definitely the most nostalgic one for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom