• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Discussion Thread 2 (read OP first)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shahed

The series did popularize the car combat genre back in the day. A rival series, Vigilante 8 even appeared a few years later.

Sweet Tooth's face is in all the covers of every Twisted Metal game.
Oh I fully get why Twisted Metal is big now. I kinda recognised the character, just didn't know his name or the franchise. It just didn't gain much traction in the UK

Back then I didn't know much about it, did read in a magazine that you could blow up the Eiffel Tower in the second game. Some things just stay in the back of your mind forever, hah. But of the few 90s characters in this game, Heihachi is definitely the most nostalgic one for me.

I'd agree with Heihachi as well. Never played Twisted Metal, Medievil or Ape Escape, and only bashed at Parappa on the demo discs. Played Tekken quite a bit though. Now on the other hand if we were to get Cloud and Crash....

As a Sony fan, this literally makes me sick...

Sony and Nintendo should join forces and sue together

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, PS characters in the chronological order and then the third parties in the chronological order. Thank you Wikipedia. DLC characters will have their own order as well.

Sweet Tooth being the oldest PS character in the game isn't something that comes to mind often, hm?

Thanks, that roster did need some ordering.

I hate bringing this topic back up, but man it kinda irks me that Capcom isn't consistent about this shit. From another thread:

iMUas.jpg

So if it's their own in-house Japan only thing, classic Dante is ok!

Yeah this just boils my blood. For all of you Dino defenders out there, here's a reality check:

A good friend of mine is the biggest Devil May Cry fan I've ever known. He has beaten all the games on the hardest difficulties (Dante must die mode, etc) and he knows the lore inside and out. He refuses to acknowledge the new DmC mostly from a gameplay standpoint -

Ninja Theory has consistently put out games that do not perform and play well.

From their track record, he's expecting absolute garbage from DmC. I actually enjoyed Heavenly Sword, but it did have a lot of flaws. It left a bad taste in my mouth and when I played Enslaved on the show floor at E3, it was terrible. From what I heard and read after it's release, they didn't improve it much since then.

Anyway, I didn't want to get into a big spout about Dino, I'm just furious that there's yet another upcoming Capcom game with Dante, not Dino, while us westerners are forced to take promotional scraps. Capcom probably knows DmC has no chance in Asia, mostly because it's a western developed game and coming from that, it's an outsourced DMC reboot.

Zen

Banned
Yeah this just boils my blood. For all of you Dino defenders out there, here's a reality check:

A good friend of mine is the biggest Devil May Cry fan I've ever known. He has beaten all the games on the hardest difficulties (Dante must die mode, etc) and he knows the lore inside and out. He refuses to acknowledge the new DmC mostly from a gameplay standpoint -

From their track record, he's expecting absolute garbage from DmC. I actually enjoyed Heavenly Sword, but it did have a lot of flaws. It left a bad taste in my mouth and when I played Enslaved on the show floor at E3, it was terrible. From what I heard and read after it's release, they didn't improve it much since then.

Anyway, I didn't want to get into a big spout about Dino, I'm just furious that there's yet another upcoming Capcom game with Dante, not Dino, while us westerners are forced to take promotional scraps. Capcom probably knows DmC has no chance in Asia, mostly because it's a western developed game and coming from that, it's an outsourced DMC reboot.

Your reality check is a bit silly. I mean basically what you're saying is ' I know a guy and he's not happy!' Well I also know the biggest devil may cry fan ever and he's down for trying the new game even if he's disappointed by the 30fps, he was turned around from trying it himself at a trade-show and the other positive impressions. The series damn well needs something, maybe DmC will be it. Also, alternate costumes dude. Sheesh.

I still like new Dante, and sorry but no amount of pueudo rationalization is going to persuade me not to :D

Completely Serious.

Shahed

Watched the Killzone Trilogy trailer

This ending part needs to be one of Radec's victory themes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bk6w1ootvnU&feature=player_detailpage#t=108s

It's good to see Sony are doing these cheaper re-releases in time for the launch of this game. They should get as much exposure for the IP's as possible before and during the release of PS All Stars. They'd help promote each other.

Would like to see more activity on PSN related to this as well. They've still got time though

KalBalboa

Banned
It's good to see Sony are doing these cheaper re-releases in time for the launch of this game. They should get as much exposure for the IP's as possible beforre and during the release of PS All Stars. They'd help promote each other.

Would like to see more activity on PSN related to this as well. They've still got time though

A classics sale in November would be smart.

So it looks like they made some space in the middle of the group image on the site... Duh Duh Duh...

Yea they did make space. It was tighter a day ago because I remember looking at it like man that picture looks too tight for new characters.

Edit: I hope the beta is updated to at least a newer build such as the pax or at least gamescom build because people will think the beta is gonna be like the final build.

KalBalboa

Banned
So it looks like they made some space in the middle of the group image on the site... Duh Duh Duh...

Yea they did make space. It was tighter a day ago because I remember looking at it like man that picture looks too tight for new characters.

It looks like they changed the spacing a bit... but I don't know if I'd say it's to make room for more characters. I think they just fixed the composition to be easier on the eyes.

Do we have a before/after pic?

It looks like they changed the spacing a bit... but I don't know if I'd say it's to make room for more characters. I think they just fixed the composition to be easier on the eyes.

Do we have a before/after pic?

Unfortunately I don't think so but the picture I saw it yesterday and it was tight everyone was next to each other. I doubt they'd make THAT much room just for fun.

Dreweyes

If only the lighting on the characters was consistent...

I mean really, cant they just render all the models posing with each other, with staged lighting?

Photoshopping them together, no matter how many drop shadows you use, willl always look fake.

EDIT: NEEDS to be a photo like this:
hKg48.png

Drencrom

I mean really, cant they just render all the models posing with each other, with staged lighting?

Photoshopping them together, no matter how many drop shadows you use, willl always look fake.

hKg48.png

They'll probably have a roster picture like that when the whole roster is revealed.

You gotta believe

KalBalboa

Banned
A lot of those renders are re-purposed across the site and various marketing materials, and my assumption stands that we'll see something more impressive and unified in terms of artwork when the entire roster is unveiled.

As it stands, I personally don't mind it. I love seeing these two put next to each other:

render_sack_boy.png
render_sweet_tooth.png

Reminds me of:

7944599374_664411b162_z.jpg

J-Tier

There's bound to be a handful of unlockable characters being kept secret. At least until another leak breaks out.

From what they've said, the only unlockables are non-character unlockables, being "belts, minions, alternate costumes, icons, backings, intros, outros, victory music and taunts." Meaning any more characters will be revealed at later events.

SmithnCo

Agreed. It's not a big deal because it's on a website but it would be nice if a good render with all of them together was in the game as the title screen. Nintendo did that well with their Brawl opening, I think.

hKg48.png

word. I hate how they all look so fake. We need one legit photo where they're all interacting with one another.

Dreweyes

So I just won this PAX thing off of eBay... GAF am I doing this right?!

PSASBR Tournaments are going to be interesting.

VxiqB.jpg

So stupid lol.

Dreweyes

Question is if the first GAF_Championship will be FFA,2vs2 or 1vs1 ^^.

For Smash Bros at MLG one year, they did a 2v2 Bracket and a 1v1 bracket.
They had banned levels, banned items, and MetaKnight players were heavily watched by judges so they didn't do some infinite loop combo.

Maybe around the leg? I dunno, that thing seems multi-purpose.

Yeah that sort of works, good thinkin'!

Man, i want some silly swag too :(

They still have some swag up on eBay!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom