• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Discussion Thread 2 (read OP first)

Status
Not open for further replies.
is it confirmed 20 characters yet?

Honestly no one knows 100%. For every person that says that is only 20 there are others including from superbot that say more than 20. TGS is soon and if there are no character reveals there then it is likely to be 20 plus DLC later. But Battle Royale is going to be at TGS, so expect some sort of news.

Edit: Though I have to think they have a couple of Japanese centric characters to reveal there in order to hype this game for it's launch in Japan. If they could reveal a big FF character and Wander, that could do the trick. I don't know, just seems odd that if 20 is the final roster why would they reveal 8 characters in the month of August? What's the rush? The game doesn't come out for another (at that point) 3 months. Just doesn't add up for me.

It has to be more than 20 characters on disc. Every where else pointed to more than 20 characters I don't know why some people are becoming pessimistic all of a sudden.

Now that 30 character roster article is pretty wishful thinking but this game as of current LACKS the remaining critical characters that would solidify it in the eyes of most gamers who aren't internet posters.

Those characters are Crash, Cloud, Snake and Spyro possibly. The rest can be DLC or saved for the sequel if it happens.

I know people will drop the "ACTIVISION IS TEH GREEDEEST, SQUARE SOFT LITENING" line but forget that. This is just my opinion. Superbot and Sony needs to make this happen by any means necessary.

I feel as if they're not treating this game as a HUGE blockbuster title. They need to effectively show gamers and PS3 gamers alike that this game is serious stuff. Get lots of dudebros cosigning the game and have it spread by word of mouth like fire. THAT will get people into it. I remember Smash Bros Melee being REAL popular among my friends because it was just fun as hell and we knew about it from smash 64's success.

I want to see this game get the Uncharted 3 treatment where it had ads all over in stores, commercials during highly viewed TV programming and at least make the beta free to everyone. This "sign up and get the beta" thing looks weak because I'm sure most people don't even know about it. I myself had to search for a link.

Sony has a tendency to under market their stuff and not sell well. It's pitiful that games on Xbox sell MILLIONS usually in their first week alone. Games on Sony consoles as of now tend to take much longer to reach these numbers and sometimes barely reach that.

They need to get people in the know of the game and have them try it. If they do that I hoped they planned to release an updated beta thats at least the gamescom build in quality. This current beta with the lackluster sound is off putting to some people and will tarnish the games reputation even if it's not representative of the final game.

SSReborn

http://www.dualshocknexus.com/2012/09/ps-all-stars-crash-bandicoot-cross-play.html

Dualshock Nexus talked with Omar at Pax; topics being the Beta and Crash

Updates, updates, updates... We asked a ton about the currently ongoing private beta test and the not too distant public beta and got some pretty great responses. When asking about the private beta, Omar said they are considering adding new characters in addition to the originally announced 6, possibly new maps. For the Public beta he hopes that we will have the chance to participate at the same time EU and the rest of the regions do. He also hinted that the public beta might have cross play and will be similar to the build they had at PAX with Nathan Drake, Big Daddy, Heihachi, Toro, Good Cole, and Jak & Daxter. They definitely want to add a tutorial.

Of course you're all interested in what Omar had to say about Crash Bandicoot, right?! Well, he had something to say to all of you: "Of course we considered, Crash!" We joked a lot about Crash at PAX as it was his 16th birthday on the first day of the show. The first time we asked about him he said to ask Activision, and after some persistence he told us to stay tuned! One fan asked if he would be considered as DLC, and he gave him a strong no. "Crash, would NEVER be DLC, he would be a free character". What we took away from all this is that he might be one of the last characters they reveal of the game. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

I think the tutorial idea is really good also hoping for training mode.

Drago

Crash will never be DLC, eh?

I appreciate them wanting to keep him on disc and putting him in the standard roster, but I'm afraid DLC would be the only way to get him knowing how Activision is.

Oh well... I'll hope for the best

TO ANYONE WHO IS READING THIS WHO WILL DEFINITELY COME IN CONTACT WITH SUPERBOT IN THE NEAR FUTURE:

Be a bro and ask them about Wander as an on-disk/DLC character. If they say he doesn't have enough moves, kindly link them to one of my many previous posts explaining his potential. Thank you.

Takao

Banned
CRASH BANDICOOT WOULD BE A FREE CHARACTER IF YOU BUY THE $59.99 SUPER ULTIMATE TURBO MEGA PLAYSTATION ALL-STARS BATTLE ROYALE

Mr. Fix

I don't know why some people are becoming pessimistic all of a sudden.

Different leaks coming from different people. The community is confuzzled.

Those characters are Crash, Cloud, Snake and Spyro possibly. The rest can be DLC or saved for the sequel if it happens.

Sony will never cough up the dough to attain all of them. Hell, I'm not even sure we're getting 2 of them. They'll probably pick other characters for more advertising.

OMFG I can't wait until next week.

Now we know the beta may possibly be updated to a much more fluid and updated build with POSSIBLY new characters?? I hope they don't add all these characters honestly because I want day 1 to be so much more satisfying. Either they add Drake and BD or J&D and heihachi ONLY. Adding the dojo too may be great because I loved the music in that map.

Man I can't wait. As for the Crash questions,

tumblr_m91zerf_Wvj1qdlh1io1_500.gif
to the questioner.

SmithnCo

Now we know the beta may possibly be updated to a much more fluid and updated build with POSSIBLY new characters?? I hope they don't add all these characters honestly because I want day 1 to be so much more satisfying. Either they add Drake and BD or J&D and heihachi ONLY. Adding the dojo too may be great because I loved the music in that map.

I agree, I hope they don't add too many because I want to have more to try on the actual release, haha. I'm already kinda burnt out on the original six.

Drencrom

Of course you're all interested in what Omar had to say about Crash Bandicoot, right?! Well, he had something to say to all of you: "Of course we considered, Crash!" We joked a lot about Crash at PAX as it was his 16th birthday on the first day of the show. The first time we asked about him he said to ask Activision, and after some persistence he told us to stay tuned! One fan asked if he would be considered as DLC, and he gave him a strong no. "Crash, would NEVER be DLC, he would be a free character". What we took away from all this is that he might be one of the last characters they reveal of the game. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

crash_hopes.exe has reinitiated.

In the Philippines it's about $45 to $50 when converted to American currency. Asian versions of the games are usually cheaper (and yes most have English).

But still, when you consider inflation, purchasing power parita for the locals, its still the same if not more expensive.

bakedpony

But still, when you consider inflation, purchasing power parita for the locals, its still the same if not more expensive.

That's accurate I think. The used-games market is quite active here too. One thing to note that the PS3 is the first console since the cartridge days where local gamers are actually purchasing legit games (ps1 and ps2 gen had a lot of piracy).

In regards to Crash, I wonder if instead of locking online play, perhaps he or another character, is the "bonus" for the online pass. I would think Sony would put a "bonus" for purchasing new copies.

I cannot believe I'm slipping back into the "Oh Crash is clearly, definitely in" mindset.
But...I just want to hear about Spyro dammit!
To be honest, any more characters at this point would actually just be awesome. I'm thinking Kat, Crash, Spyro, a certain keyblade wielding bro? Maybe another 1st party thrown in there? The thing is, if any of this ends up coming true, it looks like the final roster will exceed 22 which is pretty sweet. Along with DLC, who knows how many characters will actually be in the game? It's very exciting.
Now tell me about the story!

I took Spanish, lo siento.

Fun fact: Spanish was my first language

KevinCow

Banned
Crash and Spyro are definitely in, they're just super secret hidden characters. You have to get 20 kills in Cruel Battle Royale to unlock them.

Crash and Spyro are definitely in, they're just super secret hidden characters. You have to get 20 kills in Cruel Battle Royale to unlock them.

I read on the internet you have to win 100 ranked online battles without losing, get the platinum trophy, and have 100% completed save files of Tekken1, Crash1, Spyro 1, MGS, Twisted Metal and Medievil. Thats why they went all the way to make PS1 games playable on Vita, why else would they do that?

This is wishfull thinking and all, but I'd love to see Kutaro from Puppeteer appear in the game. Hes a pretty charming character, and I'd love to see more silly characters appear.

This is wishfull thinking and all, but I'd love to see Kutaro from Puppeteer appear in the game. Hes a pretty charming character, and I'd love to see more silly characters appear.

As in cameo or playable character?

I wonder if they have some sort of way to implement some super obscure and/or old characters. Kinda like SSBB had with stickers iirc. Depending on what the heck the minions are they could be used too.

SSReborn

Perfect Sequel character. He shouldn't be in this version because it will spoil all of his abilities before his game comes out.

Noi

Perfect Sequel character. He shouldn't be in this version because it will spoil all of his abilities before his game comes out.

That and he's not really an All-Star yet... though going by that, we'd have to cut out quite a few of the current roster characters.
KuGsj.gif

I'll just say to him what I think of Dino, Connor and the like, characters from unreleased games shouldn't be in this. Or any other cross-over fighter/thing, for that matter.

That and he's not really an All-Star yet... though going by that, we'd have to cut out quite a few of the current roster characters.
KuGsj.gif

I'll just say to him what I think of Dino, Connor and the like, characters from unreleased games shouldn't be in this. Or any other cross-over fighter/thing, for that matter.

Well to be fair Dino is a new design/reboot of 10+ year all-star so he does have ties to the past unlike Scissor Boy.

Connor is interesting one. I have this feeling that people like me who have not played AC don't mind wich assassin it would be if one gets in. Assassin characters feel like Link in a sense that its a character with allways a little different design but you allways know ''who'' he is based on the clothes even if you are not a fan. ''Hey its that assassin creed guy who assassinates templars'' or something like that. Now I'm sure some AC nut comes here and tells just how different the characters are :d.

Same with Big Boss and Snake. I wouldn't mind witch it would be since in the end it's basically the same character even tho they will end up very different in the lore.

Noi

Now I'm sure some AC nut comes here and tells just how different the characters are :d.

Same with Big Boss and Snake. I wouldn't mind witch it would be since in the end it's basically the same character even tho they will end up very different in the lore.

sup. Not a nut, but believe me there'd be a big difference in fan reaction between "Altair joins the cast!" and "Ezio joins the cast!" (though they'd both get the inevitable "what do these characters have to do with PlayStation" remark brought up). The latter is so well-liked that Ubisoft rode his popularity for three whole games, while we don't know how liked Connor is going to be in comparison.

Big Boss and Snake are a bit interchangeable really, partially because they're even called Snake in their respective games. It's not until the new Ground Zeroes that playable Big Boss is actually looking really different from young Solid Snake, eyepatch aside.

Edit: That picture looks super fake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom