• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation All Stars Battle Royale Discussion thread [Up: Leakfest #11]

Status
Not open for further replies.
PaRappa being in it rustles my jimmies.

Serious - he never laid a finger on any problem. He solved things with RHYMES! They're going against his whole philosophy on life!

Man. Just. No sale. Fucking Sony... messing with my favorite rapping dog.

why is Parappa learning Kungfu from Chop Chop Master Onion if he didn't use it for fighting at all?

Loudninja

PaRappa being in it rustles my jimmies.

Serious - he never laid a finger on any problem. He solved things with RHYMES! They're going against his whole philosophy on life!

Man. Just. No sale. Fucking Sony... messing with my favorite rapping dog.
Fat Princess dont fight either she just eat cake.

Damn Superbot for forcing her to fight ughhhhhh.

I'm kinda surprised Fat Princess stay fat all the time. I would have thought they'll incorporate eating cake to be fat. I'm thinking like start as normal princess, her attack will summon her minion and they will drop cake, candy, ham, etc as they hit other player. as you collect the food, she got fatter, bigger, and her attack change from summoning minion, to her dealing the attack herself since he got more powerful by getting fatter until she got her supers. and she'll shrink back to normal princess after using all her calories in her super attack.

I'm really hoping they limit it to like one character per IP/franchise, to help make it really varied and different. One of the things I hated about SSB was how many characters were from the same franchise, especially how they seemed to play the same, or at least similar. I loved SSB but I want this to improve from that.

SmithnCo

Yeah, it's likely fake, I'm just saying if that were the list, then it'd be okay.

Too many duplicates from the same series for my taste, I'd prefer them to keep it to the main stars for this one, then maybe dig a little deeper in a sequel.

Izick

Too many duplicates from the same series for my taste, I'd prefer them to keep it to the main stars for this one, then maybe dig a little deeper in a sequel.

You really should have some weird and obscure characters though, to appease long-time fans though. I'm guessing Superbot has that in mind, seeing as Parappa was one of the initial characters announced. I would think that if they didn't have even weirder shit in store, then they would have saved the Parappa announcement for down the road.

Izick

Cole has to be the easiest character to put in this.

• current gen mascot/character of a successful franchise
  • has a solidified character and image
  • has superpowers

Easiest choice ever.

Daxter
Cole MacGrath
Jak
PaRappa
Gex
Crash Bandicoot
Clank
Spyro
Dr. Neo Cortex
Victor Sullivan
Sly Cooper
Murray meh
Bentley meh
Dr. Nefarious
Ratchet
Captain Qwark
Rayman
MEH

List is shit if that's it. WHERES THE FEMININE? and I agree theres too many duplicates from the same universe. eg. Murray/Bentley - one of them should be subbed out by someone from Infamous - either the ice/fire women or zeke

re:females well fat princess is not listed.

and the game needs at least someone from the final fantasy universe.

and someone from the heavyrain game. I want the fat detective guy

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I think Cole is a shitty character, but there's no doubt he'll be in this game. Even though I generally like their games a lot, I hate Sucker Punch characters that aren't Sly Cooper. I wouldn't mind beating the crap out of Murray and Zeke, though.

Ploid 3.0

List is shit if that's it. WHERES THE FEMININE? and I agree theres too many duplicates from the same universe. eg. Murray/Bentley - one of them should be subbed out by someone from Infamous - either the ice/fire women or zeke

Bentley and Murray are in as sly's assist buddies.

Izick

I think Cole is a shitty character, but there's no doubt he'll be in this game. Even though I generally like their games a lot, I hate Sucker Punch characters that aren't Sly Cooper.

Shitty character how, exactly? He's kind of perfect for this kind of game. He has his own unique, specific powers which differentiate him from the rest of the pack.

Endo Punk

You really should have some weird and obscure characters though, to appease long-time fans though. I'm guessing Superbot has that in mind, seeing as Parappa was one of the initial characters announced. I would think that if they didn't have even weirder shit in store, then they would have saved the Parappa announcement for down the road.

Too true. Can't wait to see what they have in store.
I think Cole is a shitty character, but there's no doubt he'll be in this game. Even though I generally like their games a lot, I hate Sucker Punch characters that aren't Sly Cooper. I wouldn't mind beating the crap out of Murray and Zeke, though.

Cole is basically the human version of Sly with the way he moves. He had dull as a brick personality in the first game but inFAMOUS 2 made me like him a lot more.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Shitty character how, exactly? He's kind of perfect for this kind of game. He has his own unique, specific powers which differentiate him from the rest of the pack.

Ugly, generic design, no personality, and all that. About as charming as the last poop I took. I agree that he's a good fit for this style of game with his electricity based move set, and he might be a lot of fun to play as, I just don't like him on a personal level.

Too true. Can't wait to see what they have in store.
Cole is basically the human version of Sly with the way he moves. He had dull as a brick personality in the first game but inFAMOUS 2 made me like him a lot more.

Still haven't played Infamous 2, despite loving the first game. I need to get on that.

Loofy

Honestly if they dont manage to get in lara, cloud, crash, and snake in there they shouldnt call this playstation allstars..

Oh and..
N3dPU.jpg

And I noticed parappa isnt celshaded, same with link in SSBB. Is it not possible to have both celshaded and regular graphics?

if that's from imdb voice cast, it really could simply be cameo appearance and not playable character

Izick

I forgot where I heard about it, but I think there's only two planned female characters in the game. I might be mistaken, and it may have been a rumor, but I'm pretty sure I heard it from Weekend Confirmed, but I can't remember. I think I may be getting my legit knowledge of the game mixed up with rumors XD....

Either way, that would suggest we're only in store for one more female to be revealed later, as we already know about Fat Princess.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Elena needs to be in this game. I know that it would be hard to differentiate her from Drake, but she's up there with Sackboy as the most likable Playstation character of this gen. I'd hate to see Sully excluded as well, but I suppose that would be even more redundant. I can see those types of characters added down the road as DLC.

Endo Punk

Still haven't played Infamous 2, despite loving the first game. I need to get on that.
yeah you should check it out. I basically felt exactly how you do about the character, despite enjoying the game I couldn't care less about Cole. But inFAMOUS 2 really added dimensions to him; better voice, better design and he just felt like a more interesting character. That's not to say you may feel the same when you play it but I don't think anyone can deny that it's a step up from his appearance in the first game.

Also if you are interested you should try the inFAMOUS: Festival of Blood DD game. It's a bite sized experience that has nothing to do with the main story but does take place in a good chunk of i2 setting. And much cheaper.

cyborg009

Banned
Elena needs to be in this game. I know that it would be hard to differentiate her from Drake, but she's up there with Sackboy as the most likable Playstation character of this gen. I'd hate to see Sully excluded as well, but I suppose that would be even more redundant. I can see those types of characters added down the road as DLC.

To be honest we really need to dig deep in the Playstation history they made 3 consoles and 2 handhelds they should grab one character per IP

Maybe as assist-type moves for Drake? Think Captain Commando in MvC. Elena could run in and stun the other character by taking their picture, and Sully could fire off a powerful shot with his trusty revolver.

Izick

A blogger was insulted that there's a game where a princess eats cake and get very fat. She was a pretty plump blogger and seem to feel that it insulted her.

Read this: http://kotaku.com/5028019/sonys-fat-princess-makes-internet-upset

Basically, some people felt it was "fat-bashing" and enforced stereotypes about the obese.

EDIT - Ah, too late.

Oh, that sounds dumb. It's too bad nobody has any semblance of a sense of humor anymore.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
What's the FP controversy shit about?

Read this: http://kotaku.com/5028019/sonys-fat-princess-makes-internet-upset

Basically, some people felt it was "fat-bashing" and reinforced stereotypes about the obese.

EDIT - Ah, too late.

yeah you should check it out. I basically felt exactly how you do about the character, despite enjoying the game I couldn't care less about Cole. But inFAMOUS 2 really added dimensions to him; better voice, better design and he just felt like a more interesting character. That's not to say you may feel the same when you play it but I don't think anyone can deny that it's a step up from his appearance in the first game.

Also if you are interested you should try the inFAMOUS: Festival of Blood DD game. It's a bite sized experience that has nothing to do with the main story but does take place in a good chunk of i2 setting. And much cheaper.

I will definitely grab both soon. I don't know why I've put it off so long.

Ploid 3.0

I got Infamous for free because of the sony hack thing. Haven't played it much, too many games, and I had just built a gaming PC around that time.

daoster

Sounds like a Vita version may be a real possibility.

It seems to point in that direction anyway, if it weren't on the table he'd just flat-out deny it.

This game is the perfect candidate for Vita/PS3 cross-play and cross-saving. I'd get both versions just because it's almost an ideal candidate for the Vita.

YES!

I will double dip on that shit!

I need to get Infamous still. It looks fun as hell.

The original inFAMOUS is easily one of my favorite games of all time. The second game basically improved on that game in every aspect. I won't spoil anything but the endings left me wanting more, mainly because I love the games so much, I definitely want a third game but we'll see. I'd be ecstatic if Cole was in All-Stars. Anyway yeah, go play it NOWW!! Easy/fun platinum trophies too IMO ;)

Globox_82

Banned
I completed all Infamous games, and in a strange way first one and second are different. I actually preferred first Cole. The new one is redneck version of David Becham.
Zeke is actually my favorite character, probably the only one to think that.

I completed all Infamous games, and in a strange way first one and second are different. I actually preferred first Cole. The new one is redneck version of David Becham.

I actually feel the same way. When they announced a new VA for Cole I was very upset :\ I loved the original Cole, overall the story in the original was much more focused and awesome, the story in the second felt a bit all over the place. Still, I really enjoyed the second but yeah, I prefer the original Cole to sequel Cole. I really liked Zeke as a character, I could see him being a playable character just for laughs but as long as Cole is in it I'll be happy.

Izick

The original inFAMOUS is easily one of my favorite games of all time. The second game basically improved on that game in every aspect. I won't spoil anything but the endings left me wanting more, mainly because I love the games so much, I definitely want a third game but we'll see. I'd be ecstatic if Cole was in All-Stars. Anyway yeah, go play it NOWW!! Easy/fun platinum trophies too IMO ;)

I wish I could but I'm broke right now. :/

Nope, he was my favorite in the series, too. He was a pretty damn fleshed out character.

Paul Gale

Recently I have confirmed that the game does now have 3rd party characters but have not stated who: http://paulgalenetwork.com/home/201...ots-logo-and-3rd-party-character-info-within/

Has anyone properly guessed the game's full roster? Not that I have read from comments ob my site or elsewhere. Have people correctly guessed characters here and there? Well yes, but that's a bit obvious considering that nearly the whole video game industry's worth of characters have shown on someone's wish list.

I'm checking in this weekend to see when can I go ahead with a new character reveal. :)

spats

Honestly if they dont manage to get in lara, cloud, crash, and snake in there they shouldnt call this playstation allstars..

Oh and..
N3dPU.jpg

And I noticed parappa isnt celshaded, same with link in SSBB. Is it not possible to have both celshaded and regular graphics?

It's possible.

Has anyone properly guessed the game's full roster? Not that I have read from comments ob my site or elsewhere. Have people correctly guessed characters here and there? Well yes, but that's a bit obvious considering that nearly the whole video game industry's worth of characters have shown on someone's wish list.

bbosC.gif

Endo Punk

I guess Cole is one of those characters the fans can't decide on, Im surprised the generic bald guy look and TDK batman voice is liked. I don't think a lot of thought went into the character for the first game but i2 gave him a better voice that hits every emotion when he speaks and more thorough design.

I am just glad they didn't stick with the Nate wannabe design when i2 was first shown.

Loudninja

Recently I have confirmed that the game does now have 3rd party characters but have not stated who: http://paulgalenetwork.com/home/201...ots-logo-and-3rd-party-character-info-within/

I'm checking in this weekend to see when can I go ahead with a new character reveal. :)
So does the game still have 24 characters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom