• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation All Stars Battle Royale Discussion thread [Up: Leakfest #11]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they're going to have all the expected third-party characters. Of course, given PlayStation's rich history, not everyone will get what they want. But I'd be very surprised if this game didn't have Crash Bandicoot, Cloud and Solid Snake.

I really hope they model Cloud like a PSone character.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Has anyone looked at the IMDB page for PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale?

I came across it while looking up 500 Days of Summer (haven't seen the movie, and was curious as to who was in it), and saw that Richard McGonagle is the narrator for that movie.

Most of us know him as Victor God Damn Sullivan.

I don't particularly put too much stock in things like IMDB, but the cast list is interesting, and doesn't seem terribly far fetched. Check it out below:http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2385173/fullcredits#cast

This could also have already been posted, and for that, I apologize.

EDIT: Of course, it has a few questionable things like Jason Cottle as Cole, and not Eric Laden, and a distinct lack of Nolan North, who we all know is in everything.

Also, I didn't know the voice of Ratchet was young Emmett Brown in the Back to the Future game. lol.

I came across it while looking up 500 Days of Summer (haven't seen the movie, and was curious as to who was in it), and saw that Richard McGonagle is the narrator for that movie.

I don't particularly put too much stock in things like IMDB, but the cast list is interesting, and doesn't seem terribly far fetched. Check it out below:http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2385173/fullcredits#cast

EDIT: Of course, it has a few questionable things like Jason Cottle as Cole, and not Eric Laden, and a distinct lack of Nolan North, who we all know is in everything.

Ha
Can this be edited by the community, like a wiki?

KingK

Usually I would be against dlc in fighting game for example but I can see how some 3rd parties would be more interested putting characters in as dlc. I hope they dont go wild with 1st party character dlc tho.

This game is soooooo coming to Vita :D.

ugh. I'll be fucking pissed if they have DLC characters. Fuck that. I don't want to pay extra for the complete roster. Save the characters for the sequel if you can't get them in at the release.

It also seems really stupid to add DLC characters from their point of view, because then they'll have barely anybody to add in the next game and people will just bitch about them not adding anybody new.

ascii42

Also, I didn't know the voice of Ratchet was young Emmett Brown in the Back to the Future game. lol.
The voice actor listed for Spyro is the same one from Skylanders.

It also seems really stupid to add DLC characters from their point of view, because then they'll have barely anybody to add in the next game and people will just bitch about them not adding anybody new.

I know you want to be angry at all the gamers, but try to make sense while you're doing so. There is a shitload of characters that they can add.

If you want to get really obscure, then how about a character from Bust-a-Groove. Those games only ever came out on the Playstation and it would be a sight to see Heat pulling off his breakdance moves and using them as attacks.

Ehhh, DLC maybe.

KingK

I know you want to be angry at all the gamers, but try to make sense while you're doing so. There is a shitload of characters that they can add.

Yeah, there are a ton of characters they can add, but I'd much rather they add them in the sequel then charge me like $5 per character as DLC.

That has to be a Crash and Spyro confirmation. Those were the PS1 characters.

Yeah. I never was a huge fan of Crash, but Spyro was my shit. I'll be so happy if he's included.

Yeah, there are a ton of characters they can add, but I'd much rather they add them in the sequel then charge me like $5 per character as DLC.

Who says they have to be $5? That's some bullshit Capcom made up and for some reason, it stuck. A reasonably priced expansion pack would be better, but that's sadly not really popular. They said they will offer plenty of support after the game is released, so a 2013 sequel should be unlikely, unless they want to make their first game obsolete.

Ravage

Legend of Dragoon is currently sitting at 4.97/5.00 with almost 1000 ratings. Hopefully this will send a message to SuperBot that we want to see characters like Dart in the final roster.

Legend of Dragoon is currently sitting at 4.97/5.00 with almost 1000 ratings. Hopefully this will send a message to SuperBot that we want to see characters like Dart in the final roster.

Holy free holies, that's quite an achievement. I had no idea the game was quite that sought after on PSN. I wouldn't recommend Dart if Cloud is gonna be on the roster; best to get Rose in BR instead. Mix it up a little.

Ravage

Holy free holies, that's quite an achievement. I had no idea the game was quite that sought after on PSN. I wouldn't recommend Dart if Cloud is gonna be on the roster; best to get Rose in BR instead. Mix it up a little.

Rose and Albert are my favourites, but i think Dart is a lot more recognisable as a character. Adding Rose would help balance the male/female balance ratio though.

sn00zer

Not to jinx anything but what are the chances of these guys showing up instead of the PS1 incarnations
announce.jpg

Crash_Render.jpg

EDIT: What is this ratings thing people are talking about?

Ravage

too many swords lets put shana

That would work too. I'm fine with anyone except Meru :p

EDIT: What is this ratings thing people are talking about?

PSN store ratings. You can only rate stuff you bought so it serves as an estimation of a title's popularity and quality.

Using the PS1 Classics as an example,

>20,000 ratings: FF7
>10,000 ratings: FF8 and RE2
>5000 ratings: MGS, Crash3, Spyro, Silent Hill, etc

Globox_82

Banned
The PlayStation All-Stars: Battle Royale roster may have just gotten a little bit more exciting.

An IMDB page http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2385173/ list various voice actors and their characters for Sony's highly anticipated PlayStation All-Stars: Battle Royale. Some of these characters have already been confirmed while others have not. We have compiled the list below and grabbed a screenshot before the page is more than likely removed.

The characters listed are the following.

Kratos
Daxter
Cole MacGrath
Jak
PaRappa
Gex
Crash Bandicoot
Clank
Spyro
Dr. Neo Cortex
Victor Sullivan
Sly Cooper
Murray
Bentley
Dr. Nefarious
Ratchet
Captain Qwark
Rayman

This list is pretty interesting to say the least. The fact that they list Jason Cottle returning as the voice of Cole MacGrath is clearly interesting considering he was replaced by Eric Ladin for inFAMOUS 2.

We are currently reaching out to several voice actors to see if they can confirm their roles for PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale.

Please note that everything is a rumor until it's stated to be true regardless of what evidence we have listed above. We will keep you updated on any further information we receive on this topic.
3034.CIMG0044.JPG-610x0.jpg

Not to jinx anything but what are the chances of these guys showing up instead of the PS1 incarnations
[IG]http://www.darkspyro.net/images/skylanders/announce.jpg[/IMG]
[IG]http://images.wikia.com/crashban/images/0/04/Crash_Render.jpg[/IMG]

I'd say pretty high when it comes to Spyro because of how Skylanders took off. If Lara were to appear in the game (and she should) i'd imagine that it would be her reboot form instead of something that resembles her original outings.

James Sawyer Ford

Gold Member

Sounds like a Vita version may be a real possibility.

Any chance that we might see this on Vita?
Maybe… Stay tuned.

It seems to point in that direction anyway, if it weren't on the table he'd just flat-out deny it.

This game is the perfect candidate for Vita/PS3 cross-play and cross-saving. I'd get both versions just because it's almost an ideal candidate for the Vita.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
I didn't grow up with Playstation characters; at least I didn't grow up playing PS consoles or games, but I still was aware of them and thought a lot of them were cool and iconic in a lot of cases. As someone who has only really played a significant amount of games on the PS3 (as compared to the PS2 which was only a few, or PS1 which was none) I still am excited and curious about this game.

You see, I can still appreciate these characters even if I didn't grow up with them or play all their games. They still are cool characters that bring unique personalities into the mix.

Oh yeah, I understand that. It just irks me when people keep throwing out the "well, PlayStation characters aren't iconic," and those people have never touched a PlayStation, or try and claim that Nintendo is the sole purveyor of iconic characters. It's silly, and not true.

I think it's awesome that as a non-PlayStation gamer, you still find the game exciting. It just happens to be incredibly awesome for some of us that grew up with PlayStation, just like it was for me when I first played Smash Bros Melee.

PaRappa being in it rustles my jimmies.

Serious - he never laid a finger on any problem. He solved things with RHYMES! They're going against his whole philosophy on life!

Man. Just. No sale. Fucking Sony... messing with my favorite rapping dog.

Drencrom

PaRappa being in it rustles my jimmies.

Serious - he never laid a finger on any problem. He solved things with RHYMES! They're going against his whole philosophy on life!

Man. Just. No sale. Fucking Sony... messing with my favorite rapping dog.

He gotta put his Kung fu skills to use dawg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom