• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale |OT| Use Supers to Smash your Bros!

Welp, I'm enjoying the game inmensely. It's so fun to jump between PS3/Vita version.

Do you guys think well see a sequel or a GOTY version with lots of DLC? There is a lot of empty space on the character selection screen. I know it sold like shit, but I think there's a lot invested to just let it die so soon.

Welp, I'm enjoying the game inmensely. It's so fun to jump between PS3/Vita version.

Do you guys think well see a sequel or a GOTY version with lots of DLC? There is a lot of empty space on the character selection screen. I know it sold like shit, but I think there's a lot invested to just let it die so soon.

Sequel no, ''GOTY'' version no. Still we know there is more DLC coming after the first 2 chars 1 stage pack so I'm hopeful we get another one of those.

SykoTech

A sequel is still possible, but I wouldn't expect one anytime soon. Maybe a few years after the PS4 version drops. A re-release with all the DLC should be inevitable since Omar's already confirmed more's on the way and Sony generally does a significant amount of extra content releases. I doubt they'd call it "GotY version" though. :p

prwxv3

lol, and there is already a strangely big sales thread.

Yea there is some good discussion but some are just there to use the bad sales to shit on the game. Lol I just realized that CepPyBoy is back.

We can all hope the budget was small enough
(It sure feels like it)
that they at least break even.

Spinluck

Would allowing Sir Dan to aim his level 1 in any direction except down right, and down left make him too good?

EDIT: Wow, he's really fun to play with.

Spinluck

but some people make it seem like this game has committed unspeakable acts of cruelty.

Noted, but some also make it seem like it can do no wrong! It's perfectly fine, stop saying all these negative things about a game I like!

It gets kinda annoying after a while.

This is a discussion board, we should be able to discuss both the good and the bad, without people getting defensive towards every bit of criticism.

Would allowing Sir Dan to aim his level 1 in any direction except down right, and down left make him too good?

He can aim up, and upper side-to-side, as well as get kills with people standing next to him. His super 2 can be a bit too easy to dodge IMO (I'd like the homing missiles to be faster). I'd like his super 3 to get buffed too

Spinluck

He can aim up, and upper side-to-side, as well as get kills with people standing next to him. His super 2 can be a bit too easy to dodge IMO (I'd like the homing missiles to be faster). I'd like his super 3 to get buffed too

I find that sometimes you can catch people of guard, or if they dodge to early. But yea, good players will dodge it all the time.

EDIT: It can be set up, to where you always get at least one kill.

Noi

Very character specific. Some characters are super easy to hit (Big Daddy), others may require being right next to them or it'll whiff, which most often leads to a stuffed level 1 (most average-sized characters) or it'll plain out not work (every small character).

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier

You can combo into his level 2 guaranteed

Jamix012

Sorry that I'm not quite on top of all the PSAS news, but has it been announced that they're working to fix the pre-order skins for the Vita version or not?

So because of all the Sackboy being OP talk. I have been looking for a new main, until at least after the nerf. Still can't find anybody really calling me. I like Drake a lot though. Hopefully Kat delivers!

But I'm hoping I still can play a mean sack post nerf

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I think if you don't tech after getting launched, you have an opportunity to escape from the level 2. I did once or twice against you the other day, unless it's a different setup you're talking about

You can't it's 100% comboable, you got away because of lag.

Hit up training mode, do square square up square up square walk forward for half a second super. It combos

Sequel no, ''GOTY'' version no. Still we know there is more DLC coming after the first 2 chars 1 stage pack so I'm hopeful we get another one of those.

They cal always pull a capcom and release Super PSASBR. The got the engine, the online, the assets, etc. The costs of extra development must be marginal at this point.

Just add a few more chars and redo the menus.

Ran rp

A present for those of you haven't gotten the pre order costumes yet, quote this to see a code for the costumes. It was in the blogcast that showed up on my RSS feed. They said Wario64 would tweet it out first. They said it can be used hundreds of times or something.

thanks my pre-order code that i used initally didnt give me vita pre-order costumes but this did.

IF YOUR VITA PREORDER COSTUMES NEVER WORKED FOR YOU BECAUSE YOU REDEEMED YOUR CODES TOO EARLY THIS WORKS.

try the SEN website and see if it lets you redeem it there.

It's not working for me :'C

one day......... :C

Yaska

Got borked with the patch as well, stuck in loading screens, also the code Frank posted, is for US store and it's spent unfortunately.

leroidys

Tips for dealing with Dante? It seems like if I get hit by him even once (which is easy seeing as toro has no range) I get comboed into an automatic level 1 for dante, which he can then kill me with before I can recover.

Yaska

If you don't mind playing offline, you can just delete the patch, and press O when itt ells you to patch. You will be signed off from PSN, but atleast you can play. Also seems the 1.02 didn't bork Vita version (phew...).

DjRoomba

Banned

A $60 game with the bare minimum of content/presentation for a $15 psn game? Not to mention its inherent galls and expectations that come with aping if not taking on one of Nintendo's biggest franchises. Dunno why anyone would be surprised.

leroidys

I'm starting to get really frustrated with this game again.

Why are there characters that can fill their entire ap meter with 1 combo? If you get hit once, you're fucked.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
If you don't mind playing offline, you can just delete the patch, and press O when itt ells you to patch. You will be signed off from PSN, but atleast you can play. Also seems the 1.02 didn't bork Vita version (phew...).

Yeah, what I did was delete the game patch and disable online in PS3 (otherwise the game will always bug you into updating).

Why are there characters that can fill their entire ap meter with 1 combo? If you get hit once, you're fucked.

Honestly a bunch of the game's problems can be fixed by simply allowing other ways to KO a guy.

Vodh

I was under the impression that everyone can do that. It's just not easy with most of the cast (I know I can't pull it off with anyone at all, but I've seen videos of like half of the cast doing full 130+ combos).

tusken77

Seth and Omar are on the Blogcast talking about Kat, Emmett, and the new stage. Emmett's play style sounds really interesting. His lv 1 supers change depending on his Build & Battle loadout.

Gadirok

Matchmaking was terrible yesterday. I only got into one game. I had a few friend party invites too but it didn't work out because we were stuck on searching for opponents and ended up playing FFA or 1vs1 until we got bored and left.

I ended up finishing a few more arcade runs on the PS3 version, 3 more until I get a platinum, been doing it really half-assed for it.

Yet I finished arcade run multiple times on each character on all-star difficulty on the vita version.

I want to get rid of the PS3 version at this point, but my brother wants to play it and my friends will probably come over in a few more weeks. Doesn't seem quite worth it though since none of them have the time to play it.

I'd rather co-op other games with them.

sephi22

The patch broke my game. It gets stuck at the Bluepoint engine logo and when I select quit game, my PS3 shuts down, beeps twice, then restarts

Shahed

Well at least i can do some more of the Arcade modes for each character.

But finally there's a game I actually enjoy going online for once, and the patch breaks it...

Top Bottom