• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale |OT| Use Supers to Smash your Bros!

Fj0823

Since Im finally part of GAF, I just wanted to tell you guys that I've been with you ever since the days of Paul Gale. When you were opening your copies, I was reading your impressions with my copy on hand

The game might not be a Smash killer but I love it for what it is and play it regularly. Jak is my main!

You guys were the reason I discovered GAF.Thanks!

Also, Excuse my lame English

Since Im finally part of GAF, I just wanted to tell you guys that I've been with you ever since the days of Paul Gale. When you were opening your copies, I was reading your impressions with my copy on hand

The game might not be a Smash killer but I love it for what it is and play it regularly. Jak is my main!

You guys were the reason I discovered GAF.Thanks!

Also, Excuse my lame English

GAF community was excellent early... Later people complained about balance too much, but it was still fun.

People can say whatever they want, but this game is ace. So good local multiplayer.

Too many people wanted Smash Bros just with PS characters. Game is great, I still play it

Yes. Whats weird is that the super system is what makes me enjoy this game, even tho its hated by many.

I dont need to beat the crap out of my oponents, just land a few good hits and be smart about using supers.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Yes. Whats weird is that the super system is what makes me enjoy this game, even tho its hated by many.

I dont need to beat the crap out of my oponents, just land a few good hits and be smart about using supers.

That's how I feel. People complain that the supers are unsatisfying, but there are few joys I've felt in gaming like the joy of taking out three of my friends with a level 1 super. Even better if it's a crappy one.

I honestly think a lot of it is narrowmindedness. People quit the game before they give it a chance on it's own terms. They say the fighting game community dropped the title, but it's got it's own active community. Heck, the All-Stars subforum on the official PlayStation forums is one of the few subforums that avoided being purged from existence when they were reducing size. And that's not only because it was active enough to warrant it's own separate forum: it was the most active subforum on there for a long time. Maybe it still is.

Fj0823

It still is...

Man I love post-patch Jak.
Such a boss, glad they switched his moveset to a more "Jak and Daxter" Physical focus

I loved 2 and 3, but I like punching stuff :D

Creaking

Man, it's free on Plus and people are still passing it up.

Me and a friend had a good ol' troll-sesh as a pair of Radecs against a pair of APburst-comboing Dantes. We nearly had them too, but I made one mistake too many with supers and dodges.

Circinus

I just started playing this game on PS Vita and I've been enjoying it tremendously. Great game.

I like how every character seems to be faithfully portrayed and has its own unique moveset. The core combat is fantastic. The arenas are good and varied. The roster is pretty good, even though I haven't played that many games from which the characters are from.

Creaking

Agh, it's been a while. The pain.

Still play this whenever I hang out with friends. Even after finally playing Smash 4, there are still elements of All-Stars that I like better.

I do hope that sometime this gen, this game gets a proper sequel.

Reset

Yosp said even thought the game sold over a mil, it wasn't enough for more DLC. If it didn't sell enough for more DLC then I don't see a sequel happening. :(

Zubz

Banned
Yosp said even thought the game sold over a mil, it wasn't enough for more DLC. If it didn't sell enough for more DLC then I don't see a sequel happening. :(

I can understand it if the game wasn't as Earth-shaking as Sony had hoped it'd be, but that's still a shame. Honestly, I know one voice amongst millions barely means anything, but a sequel might honestly sell me on a PS4; even with Smash 4 around, I still get cravings to play this game instead. Too bad my friends are all Smash Elitists, though.

What really sucks, though, is that they'd already started the Abe & Dart DLC, plus a Gravity Rush stage. It'd've been nice if we'd gotten those before they shut the game down. I love Abe, and I can easily see a Gravity Rush stage being spectacular!

Decided to get back into PSASBR again and damn, its still fun as ever. Things to note, matchmaking still sucks for me and 2vs2 matches, people still uphold the unspoken rule that if one is knocked out, one of the two enemy team will sit back and watch. Also, I had a match where this Drake player was flaunting off and teabagging and toying with a not as good Drake player. Poor guy was outmatched.

Disktrasa

Banned
I LOVE this game.

Now when its vacation the vita is with me and i picked up this again, and its still SO fun to play.

I really really hope there Will be a sequel or atleast a remaster of this, its one of thoose games that deserves another shoot.

Top Bottom