• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation China Conference confirmed ! PS4 & PS Vita launch plan to be revealed

Portugeezer

BN-FL709_abexi_G_20141110032146.jpg

Usobuko

Banned
Like 80% of the replies in that thread is asking if it will be region locked, similar to Xbox One situation. there

Are software sales high though compared to the hardware sold?

No idea. Getting sales figures of Asian territories is nigh impossible unless the publisher themselves reveal it.

And ultimately, Asia is small business compared to US/Europe. Whatever meagre success Vita has in places like Taiwan and Korea is but a small dot in the big picture.

nightever

Are software sales high though compared to the hardware sold?

Chinese localized software sales take up half of the whole asian software sales (Japan excluded), according to SCEJA themselves.

Edit: I realized you are talking the vita software sales specifically, it's unclear. But it must be OK because SCEJA is localizing more than before.

Gskyace

Chinese media sites such as Sina.com and PcGames.Com.cn are reporting that in China, the Sony PlayStation 4 will retail for 2,999 RMB, or about $487, based on a post by Chinese tech blog WPDang.com.

Fake

Takao

Banned
Wasn't sure if they were using it more as an entertainment device (PSP) or for remote play.

Vita being a used primarily for media playback in a post-smartphone/tablet world?

The idea that any noticeable amount of Vitas are being moved due to Remote Play isn't something I can agree with.

As far as Remote Play-Vita is concerned, it's really just a sleight-of-hand to soften the fact that Sony's going to be making less Vita games moving forward.

Wouldn't be surprised if they gave up on first-party retail Vita titles altogether.

nampad

Korea's attach rate for Vita is around 6 for first-party games.

10 when including third-party titles.

Wow, that's pretty good. Why is this the first time I hear of this?
Thought Korea is more about PC and mobile games. Didn't think they would be into the Vita first party offerings.

Wow, that's pretty good. Why is this the first time I hear of this?
Thought Korea is more about PC and mobile games. Didn't think they would be into the Vita first party offerings.

Because it's only revealed a week ago, and most people here wouldn't know about it anyway.

http://game.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/interview/20141124_677362.html

川内氏: PS4で今はまだ1:2くらいです。これはまだ発売されて1年たってないので、PS Vitaだと1:6くらいまで伸びますし、サードパーティも含めると1:10くらいの倍くらいになります。

Shoddy Translation:

It hasn't been a full year since release yet, so the current attach rate for the PS4 is about only 1:2. As for the PSVita, it's attach rate is around 1:6, but if you include third-party titles, it about doubles to around 1:10 attach rate.

nampad

Because it's only revealed a week ago, and most people here wouldn't know about it anyway.

http://game.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/interview/20141124_677362.html

Shoddy Translation:

It hasn't been a full year since release yet, so the current attach rate for the PS4 is about only 1:2. As for the PSVita, it's attach rate is around 1:6, but if you include third-party titles, it about doubles to around 1:10 attach rate.

Thanks. There are barely any good Vita news it is nice to hear.

down 2 orth

Launching the PSVita in a new country/continent is like throwing a dead body into a river.

It may appear to be alive...

No offence, but I don't think you understand what you are talking about.

The grey market here alone is already one of the Vita's strongest markets worldwide.

Edit: is trolling a banable offence?

Gskyace

can we get some Chinese RPG's on PS platforms please. Never played one.
There are actually several CRPG announced on Xbox One in China, but not exclusive.
So you could expect that. But it depends on them if they want to publish in global, I guess.

Let's bet on the possibility of Chinese PS4s being region locked as Xbone.

Hint: they are handled by the same company as BesTV and Horizon Pearl are now merged.

nampad

No offence, but I don't think you understand what you are talking about.

The grey market here alone is already one of the Vita's strongest markets worldwide.

Edit: is trolling a banable offence?

Not if the Vita is getting trolled...

So the Vita is really strong in China? Kind of surprising.

Top Bottom