• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Exclusive Destiny 1 content now available on Xbox

well, now I finally can go back to Destiny. jk

Actually I am waiting for the complete edition to be around $30 to play again this game. After TTK, I won't buy any Destiny untill all DLC is out.
The way they’ve set things up with destiny you actually miss a bunch of one time content this way (since the open world updates and changes with each expansion)

I'm sure someone on Xbox One is going to be very happy when Hawkmoon drops.

For real? this is some ridiculous BS. I feel like they're just rubbing it in at this point.

OP needs to specify that this is Year 1 content (i.e., Taken King).

And I guess Year 2? Did Rise of Iron have exclusive content as well? I assume so.

The original launch content was given to Xbox owners after the first year when TTK released.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Yay..

I'm sure someone on Xbox One is going to be very happy when Hawkmoon drops.

For real? this is some ridiculous BS. I feel like they're just rubbing it in at this point.

EDIT: They have Hawkmoon already! My bad. I have no idea what the content that was still exclusive to Playstation even was at this point.

Yeah we got Hawkmoon when they nerfed it.
297770437192974338.png

traveler

Not Wario
Only possible response to this. So fucked up. Companies paying other companies to deliver worse products to a subset of users will never not be gross.

The thing is, the exclusive content hurts PS players as well. Both sides end up with a worse product. We'll never get the exclusive strike in the nightfall rotation or have the exclusive weapon made available through Xur as well, since the choices are all synced between the platforms and the other two platforms don't have access to that content.

I wish the entire PS userbase would speak out against the practice of getting us exclusive content. It does no one good. Well, I guess it gets Sony the occasional consumer that doesn't yet own a next gen console and is deciding which one they want based entirely on Destiny, but I don't imagine that's a particularly large number of customers.

Alo0oy

Banned
The exclusive Strikes and Maps are almost always bad, it's the exclusive exotics that people are losing out on.

SeanTSC

It took this long? Jesus fucking christ. I hate garbage like this. Platform Exclusive content, timed or otherwise, should never be a fucking thing outside of like Mascot characters (where each get their own).

Too much shit is like this and too much shit is cut out as extra downloads.

Midas

The thing is, the exclusive content hurts PS players as well. Both sides end up with a worse product. We'll never get the exclusive strike in the nightfall rotation or have the exclusive weapon made available through Xur as well, since the choices are all synced between the platforms and the other two platforms don't have access to that content.

I wish the entire PS userbase would speak out against the practice of getting us exclusive content. It does no one good. Well, I guess it gets Sony the occasional consumer that doesn't yet own a next gen console and is deciding which one they want based entirely on Destiny, but I don't imagine that's a particularly large number of customers.

No, it doesnt fucking hurt me. Can we please stop with this? At least there's a weapon I can grind for when every thing else in Destiny 2 is handed to me on a silver platter, and the strike is crap. It's good that it won't be a Nightfall for a while.

No, it doesnt fucking hurt me. Can we please stop with this? At least there's a weapon I can grind for when every thing else in Destiny 2 is handed to me on a silver platter, and the strike is crap. It's good that it won't be a Nightfall for a while.
giphy.gif

What about the players on xbox who pays the same amount for a game with less content?

Qwark

This seems pretty scummy. How substantial was the exclusive content? Key gameplay components or throwaway fluff?

Rellik

It's not even funny. It's just pure bullshit and scummy from a scummy company. Fuck exclusive content on any system.

Starting to regret buying Destiny 2 on XB1. I only got it because it came for free with my XB1S (along with Forza Horizon 3), so it was too good of a deal to pass up. Now I'm fucking hooked and it's like impossible to set up a fire team or get in a decent clan (and then the exclusive bs) on XB1 and I don't really want to start again from scratch on PS4...but I just might.

ZugZug123

I do not own an Xbox or a PS4 but WTF is this BS of timed content? D2 is out already on consoles ffs...

Is there such timed content on D2? I lost interest on D2 PC after the beta but if it ever goes on a good sale i want to know if I'm supporting more BS like this if I buy it.

Nategc20

Banned
How the fuck do Bungie shout "parity" in the graphics department and go full sell out with the content? Fuck em.

FelipeMGM

This seems pretty scummy. How substantial was the exclusive content? Key gameplay components or throwaway fluff?

hell no

it was always a gun, a pvp map and a strike mission, and they were never great stuff

a shitty practice nonetheless

JaggedSac

Starting to regret buying Destiny 2 on XB1. I only got it because it came for free with my XB1S (along with Forza Horizon 3), so it was too good of a deal to pass up. Now I'm fucking hooked and it's like impossible to set up a fire team or get in a decent clan (and then the exclusive bs) on XB1 and I don't really want to start again from scratch on PS4...but I just might.

Destiny 2 on XB is having population issues?

Dineren

Banned
I'm not going to blame Sony for this, Microsoft would do similar (and did) if their positions were reversed. I'm going to blame Activision for allowing an exclusivity deal to last that long. A year is a ridiculous amount of time and is a kick in the teeth to their players on non-PS platforms. It's such a shitty thing to do to your customers.

traveler

Not Wario

What? Stop with what? It's not a big deal, but the point is that the exclusive content isn't helping anyone. It's even slightly negative (to neutral, depending on your perspective I guess) to PS4 owners.

hell no

it was always a gun, a pvp map and a strike mission, and they were never great stuff

a shitty practice nonetheless

....Hawkmoon?

And I actually think Lake of Shadows is pretty good. Certainly better than Exodus Down. To each their own, I guess.

I read the title and just assumed it was the destiny 2 content at first. Was about to say oh that's not too long of a wait. Lol

Juan

We could have been good together.

Ehh, what? You're telling me Jade Rabbit was a Playstation exclusive weapon until now?!

This may explain why I couldn't find one (since I played randomly and didn't do a lot of search on the internet).

Lol. That's really a shame from Bungie and Sony for doing this. But hey, I may download Destiny once again to try the new stuff, since I didn't jump into D2 on Xbox.

VRMN

Destiny 2 on XB is having population issues?

If he's talking NeoGAF thread, sure. That's almost all PS4 users from my experience. I found a clan through The 100 on Xbox during D1 and still play with them on D2. Haven't had any issues finding games or teammates for endgame activities.

The Playstation exclusive strike was the 3 Psions right? That was a pretty good strike.
That strike (and the other Y1 exclusive strike) has been available to Xbox players since TTK launched, same as hawkmoon.

The strike that’s being unlocked for us now is the exclusive strike and weapon that was in TTK. Echo Chamber strike and Jade Rabbit scout rifle.

Join up to the DestinyGAF discord. The link is in the OT for destiny.

We have an Xbox_LFG channel on there with a decent population that does several raids a week, plenty of nightfalls and trials. You can use that to find people.

Kill3r7

Try DestinyGAF or if you are a dad, try DoD.

sense

If you don't think Sony benefits a huge amount due to these exclusives, you are crazy. There is a reason why they keep paying and promoting these exclusives.

hank_tree

If you don't think Sony benefits a huge amount due to these exclusives, you are crazy. There is a reason why they keep paying and promoting these exclusives.

I really think they'd get the majority of the benefit if the content was only exclusive for say 1 month or 3 months. 2 years is taking the fucking piss.

Ushay

It's hilarious when it's already on your preferred platform eh?

Unfortunately that hasn't been the case for me. Fuck you Activision and Sony. I hate these kinds of deals.

Top Bottom