• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Exclusive Destiny 1 content now available on Xbox

traveler

Not Wario
Look, I'm a PS4/Switch/PC player- I don't even have an xbox, but this content deal bothers me more than most Xbox favored exclusive content simply because it's an exclusive content deal where the people GETTING the exclusive content actually lose out too. As far as I know, other exclusive content deals don't make it worse for the preferred platform owners than if the content had been present on all platforms; they simply make it the only place it's available.

Caayn

Is this a joke? They might as well kept it fully exclusive, instead of this "timed" exclusivity.

Glad I dropped Destiny all together.

Kayant

Whew! Is that the longest deal we have seen recently to keep lock content off platforms?

What a shitshow keeping such content for so long. Actually kinda surprised Sony got such a long deal but than again it's Activision...

Also A+ Job on "Detective GAF" there Ricky Ricardo because absence from discussion automatically = slient and the possibilities such as you know life activities/not being on GAF 24/7 that you wouldn't see all threads made don't exist /s.

What is this horseshit. I don't applaud any kind of exclusivity deals regardless of platform.(1)
I actually got a PM notifying me of this thread because my 'absence' was somehow spun into an argument I took no part in. The thread had fallen off the front page a long time ago, you couldn't have reached out to me yourself?(2) If it were not for the PM I wouldn't have even seen the thread, which would have totally confirmed all your biases.

So, I guess i'm sorry (?) for not being able to post in every thread at the same time.(3) But i'm here now. Can you restructure your argument again?

And I don't know what you expect me to say on this matter. This practice sucks. It has sucked ever since the first announcement. I don't remember ever saying otherwise.
Is it the opening of old wounds what is causing this desire for me personally to denounce it? I am kinda honored, but this is getting weird.

Guess it's no fun talking about me when i'm actually there to read it.(4) I can't keep this thread on the front page by myself.

Apologies to the mods for double-posting.
You guys can hit me up on PM if you (weirdly) want me to engage with stuff. Don't be shy next time.

1) No one accused you of applauding it.
2) This thread was on the first page several times even during the evening and fell off only after my reply to Venova.
3) The topic has been noticeable and received quite a few responses, again, no one posited that you should be present in every thread.
4) We probably live in disparate time zones, it shows you posted at 2AM this morning, which for obvious reasons, would not allow for a conversation on my end.
5) I thought, given your fervor in the other thread, that this thread would be irresistible to you. I apologize for the absentee mention. In hindsight, it was not a a responsible move.

Veon

Neo Member
Acti will envelop them. How many games do they own them? I see a Respawn like talent breakout in their future unfortunately.

Bungie is on a 10 year contract, so I imagine Activision wants them to at least finish the D2 saga before going on with the Destiny franchise.

Even if MS were in the lead lets be honest they would not be given a pass

No point, the person won't change their stance.

Head.spawn

Funny when the role is reversed, isn't it?

I also remember the time Microsoft paid to keep content that PS gamers had already paid for, off of PS for two years.

No, but seriously. This is the reason I couldn't bring myself to buy Destiny 1 and why even after liking the Beta on PC, because it was pretty great tbh, I can't support them with Destiny 2. It's a really shitty practice, moreso than most things because gamers ALREADY paid for it and have to wait. Now if the 1 year wasn't enough (I was actually intending on buying Destiny 1 after the first year on the low-low), but when the 1 year mark for this content came they simply shrugged their shoulders, said 'fuck you' and extended it another year without not a single fuck nor proper explanation given.

That second part took some massive stones to do... and then they start off Destiny 2 with the same BS. "Oh, it'll be out next year.. forrealsies this time :) " Does anyone actually believe that?

I also remember the time Microsoft paid to keep content that PS gamers had already paid for, off of PS for two years.

No, but seriously. This is the reason I couldn't bring myself to buy Destiny 1 and why even after liking the Beta on PC, because it was pretty great tbh, I can't support them with Destiny 2. It's a really shitty practice, moreso than most things because gamers ALREADY paid for it and have to wait. Now if the 1 year wasn't enough (I was actually intending on buying Destiny 1 after the first year on the low-low), but when the 1 year mark for this content came they simply shrugged their shoulders, said 'fuck you' and extended it another year without not a single fuck nor proper explanation given.

That second part took some massive stones to do... and then they start off Destiny 2 with the same BS. "Oh, it'll be out next year.. forrealsies this time :) " Does anyone actually believe that?
Sony is giving them money to build the content and hold it exclusive for a limited time. Xbox and PC players are eventually getting content for which development was funded by Sony. I don't see how you can legitimately claim that Xbox or PC players paid for it.

Exclusivity on TTK content was extended because Bungie failed to deliver another exclusive package of content due to the D2 delay/rework (Rise of Iron was a stopgap DLC with a quick turn-around).

A lot of things are different about Destiny 2 and its roll-out. For one, the expansions have had much better planning, and they're shipping them day and date on PC. A strike, an exotic gun, and some gear is ultimately a very tiny addition to the game.

Top Bottom