• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Exclusive Destiny 1 content now available on Xbox

Yea not alike at all...probably worse

Of course you see it that way.

One game has content held back up to 750 days after launch, when the game is irrelevant due to the sequel having released.

The other is a game that is getting a ton of resources, funding for the port and help to even exist in the console space.

To say Destiny isn't worse speaks volumes.

Yesterday morning, Hoo Doo and others had a lot to say about how paying to keep content off another platform is anti-consumer in the Bloomberg Report about MS trying to extend PUBG's timed exclusive status.

Yet there is radio silence here.

DetectiveGAF putting in work.

Maybe we can get a Destiny 1 port for Switch!

Wait what

Are people still even playing Destiny 1?

Yes, including me.

I refuse to support Destiny 2 until all the content is released and I can get a deal on the complete edition.

Yesterday morning, Hoo Doo and others had a lot to say about how paying to keep content off another platform is anti-consumer in the Bloomberg Report about MS trying to extend PUBG's timed exclusive status.

Well surprise, surprise...

sense

Of course you see it that way.

One game has content held back up to 750 days after launch, when the game is irrelevant due to the sequel having released.

The other is a game that is getting a ton of resources, funding for the port and help to even exist in the console space.

To say Destiny isn't worse speaks volumes.

Wait what
How do you see tomb raider and dead rising because I need to see how far you go with this.

cakely

Hey, at least Xbox owners can get a break from

Whether we wanted it or not, we've stepped into a war with the Cabal on Mars. So let's get to taking out their command, one by one. Valus Ta'aurc. From what I can gather he commands the Siege Dancers from an Imperial Land Tank outside of Rubicon. He's well protected, but with the right team, we can punch through those defenses, take this beast out, and break their grip on Freehold.

BECAUSE HOLY SHIT, IF I HAD TO PLAY THAT STRIKE ONE MORE TIME.

You just gave me a serious flashback.

One of the best things about the Destiny 2 strikes is that they got rid of the voiceover.

How do you see tomb raider and dead rising because I need to see how far you go with this.

Your original post that was responded to mentions PUBG, so why are you moving them goalposts to talk about other games after being proven that Destiny moneyhatting was indeed the worst between the two?

Dead Rising 4 wouldn't exist without Microsoft, and this has already been stated by Capcom. ROTTR was just a 1 year exclusive and published by MS WW. I know I'm falling for your obvious bait, but DR literally has no correlation to any of this and ROTTR was a 1 year SP game where as Destinys content was exclusive for 750 days, extended at one point, had content purposely held back from the other version (some of which was pretty significant early on but fizzled out after RoI) and is releasing well after the sequel has been out. If Tomb Raider 3 was out and they released ROTTR for PS4 a few months after the THAT, then I can understand.

You purposefully won't get any of this, though.

Omni

lmao

Fuck off Sony/Activision/Bungie. Absolute trash that we paid the same amount as PS players for DLC, but were locked out of our content for so long.

Van Bur3n

Fanboys only call it out when it's a disadvantage to their favorite plastic box.

sense

Your original post that was responded to mentions PUBG, so why are you moving them goalposts to talk about other games after being proven that Destiny moneyhatting was indeed the worst between the two?

Dead Rising 4 wouldn't exist without Microsoft, and this has already been stated by Capcom. ROTTR was just a 1 year exclusive and published by MS WW. I know I'm falling for your obvious bait, but DR literally has no correlation to any of this and ROTTR was a 1 year SP game where as Destinys content was exclusive for 750 days, extended at one point, had content purposely held back from the other version (some of which was pretty significant early on but fizzled out after RoI) and is releasing well after the sequel has been out. If Tomb Raider 3 was out and they released ROTTR for PS4 a few months after the THAT, then I can understand.

You purposefully won't get any of this, though.
You haven't proven anything regarding what is worse. I mentioned in a follow up post in response to someone else above why I mentioned pubg.

So the 5%(being generous) content being delayed on xbox is worse than an entire game being delayed for an entire year? I have already mentioned both ms and sony are bad when it comes to these deals. I would rather play tomb raider or dead rising or pubg day and date with missing content that is timed than wait an entire year or more. You can come up with whatever excuses/reasons for what Microsoft is doing but delaying entire games is worse. I have no problem if ms did something like sunset overdrive when they funded and published the game and there is nothing wrong with that and nothing to complain about. Even titanfall needed their "help" to finish but the original deal was 1 year exclusive but they paid to make it permanent so no this destiny stuff is not worse than that. Nice try though

hank_tree

You haven't proven anything regarding what is worse. I mentioned in a follow up post in response to someone else above why I mentioned pubg.

So the 5%(being generous) content being delayed on xbox is worse than an entire game being delayed for an entire year? I have already mentioned both ms and sony are bad when it comes to these deals. I would rather play tomb raider or dead rising or pubg day and date with missing content that is timed than wait an entire year or more. You can come up with whatever excuses/reasons for what Microsoft is doing but delaying entire games is worse. I have no problem if ms did something like sunset overdrive when they funded and published the game and there is nothing wrong with that and nothing to complain about. Even titanfall needed their "help" to finish but the original deal was 1 year exclusive but they paid to make it permanent so no this destiny stuff is not worse than that. Nice try though

I'd say it's worse yeah. When you pay money for Tomb Raider on PS4 you get the whole thing. When you pay money for Destiny on Xbox, content is withheld from you for 2 years +.

I gotta say, it's interesting that you're okay with Ricky trying to incite console wars by calling out posters not currently posting in this thread, but you didn't like it when leeh got called out while he wasn't posting in a thread on Forza 7.
where's the guy with the crying microsoft fanboy avatar to tell us how we're all wrong and we need to stop bullying microsoft
Stop trying to incite console wars.

FyreWulff

I don't understand what you are saying here. How is MS holding back content on their own platform relevant to this thread?

Not being snarky, I just don't understand what point you are trying to make.

Just pointing out an amusing factoid that Bungie has had to deal with their content being sat on by the publisher for the sake of a value-add for another product as long as a decade ago

I'd say it's worse yeah. When you pay money for Tomb Raider on PS4 you get the whole thing. When you pay money for Destiny on Xbox, content is withheld from you for 2 years +.

Bingo.

I gotta say, it's interesting that you're okay with Ricky trying to incite console wars by calling out posters not currently posting in this thread, but you didn't like it when leeh got called out while he wasn't posting in a thread on Forza 7.

I gotta say, it's interesting that you can't see the difference between calling out a member (leeh) that hasn't even said what he's being accused of in a regular thread with no indication of console war bullshit, to a thread about one of the most disgusting and blatantly anti-consumer things to happen this gen where certain posters mysteriously don't post in the topic despite being top contributors in certain other anti-consumer topics, foaming with concern there but not here. Well, you can see it, but choose to go this route anyway.

A lot worse, this is about as anti consumer as it gets. Sony is basically paying Activision to release an half finished xbox one game for 2 years .

Lolworthy. They might as well be lifetime exclusives given the type of game this is. 1 month would be alright. 3 would be pushing it. A year+ is why bother?

A very sick joke. As annoying as it is. I see the value to a platform holder of getting lets say CoD DLC content for a month but a year or longer haha

Was MS this ruthless during the 360 era with DLC content?

The entire expansions for GTAIV didn't come to PlayStation for years.

There are no winners in the console wars.

Bingo.

I gotta say, it's interesting that you can't see the difference between calling out a member (leeh) that hasn't even said what he's being accused of in a regular thread with no indication of console war bullshit, to a thread about one of the most disgusting and blatantly anti-consumer things to happen this gen where certain posters mysteriously don't post in the topic despite being top contributors in certain other anti-consumer topics, foaming with concern there but not here. Well, you can see it, but choose to go this route anyway.
I don't understand, aren't both poster call outs inciting console wars?

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.

That's keeping a whole game off a platform though, not just maps and cosmetics.

sense

With the logic you both are using why not just buy it a year or two later when the content is available and it will be much much cheaper compared to tomb raider ps4 which released at full price a year later. I think sony would be over the moon if there was a possibility of doing a tomb raider type deal with destiny instead of having minor exclusives for a year. I would rather play the game now when everybody is talking about it even if it is missing minor stuff for a period of time.

LTWood12

Jade Rabbit is great. Zen Meteor was meh. The strike is very cool though.

Ruthless business deal that seems to have paid off for Sony. It's definitely gross.

FyreWulff

Even though I've been on PS for Destiny all this time, I hate this shit. Not only because I'm against timed exclusives, but none of the timed exclusives could ever show up for Xur or be a Nightfall, so Sony players lost out on content as well.

hank_tree

With the logic you both are using why not just buy it a year or two later when the content is available and it will be much much cheaper compared to tomb raider ps4 which released at full price a year later. I think sony would be over the moon if there was a possibility of doing a tomb raider type deal with destiny instead of having minor exclusives for a year. I would rather play the game now when everybody is talking about it even if it is missing minor stuff for a period of time.

Ah you are just being silly now. Destiny is a live game. I don’t think there are too many Xbox players that will be logging into Destiny 1 this week to play the exclusive strikes they’ve just been granted access to.

N21

That's the way these corps do business, it ain't going stop because of our feelings.

It would be funny it this is massively affecting the XB1 D2 sales.

VRMN

Ah you are just being silly now. Destiny is a live game. I don’t think there are too many Xbox players that will be logging into Destiny 1 this week to play the exclusive strikes they’ve just been granted access to.

Pretty much. I was an avid D1 player and have moved onto D2; all on Xbox. I will never touch this content. Further, it hurt the game for PlayStation owners since the exclusive content could never be a Nightfall strike or offered for sale by Xur, making even the exclusive content only partially-implemented even on PS4.

Crayon

Idk guys. Can we refrain from slandering fellow members who are not even present?

sense

Yes I am being silly because you would rather play a game a year late than a game releasing day and date while missing some side content or at least that is what you are implying when you say this is worse.

I don't understand, aren't both poster call outs inciting console wars?

Vehemently attacking anti-consumer behavior on one front and ignoring it on another is not the modus operandi of posters truly interested in honest intellectual discussion. It is the method-of-choice for platform warriors with colloquial "axes" to grind.

Idk guys. Can we refrain from slandering fellow members who are not even present?

Slander
n. oral defamation, in which someone tells one or more persons an untruth about another, which untruth will harm the reputation of the person defamed. Slander is a civil wrong (tort) and can be the basis for a lawsuit.

You might be looking for Libel

Hoo-doo

Paying to keep shit off other platforms is cool then?
Yeah nah, I don't agree. I sincerely hope Bluehole tells them to take a hike, but money talks.

Microsoft folks in charge know they have to try and seize this opportunity. But damn if it isn't an anti-consumer dick move in every way.

Yeah, that's all well and good.

I was only interested in why he was okay with one absent poster call out and not the other.

As already been explained in detail, the other example you tried to use is different then what Ricky explained. You know better.

Vehemently attacking anti-consumer behavior on one front and ignoring it on another is not the modus operandi of posters truly interested in honest intellectual discussion. It is the method-of-choice for platform warriors with colloquial "axes" to grind

Agreed.

hank_tree

Yes I am being silly because you would rather play a game a year late than a game releasing day and date while missing some side content or at least that is what you are implying when you say this is worse.

Correct. There's enough games to keep me going that I can play them when they release on the platforms I own. I haven't paid any money for these games that haven't released.

What's worse is when a game I am playing, and have paid for, has content held back for over 2 years, only releasing after the majority of the player base has moved onto the sequel.

Ushay

Vehemently attacking anti-consumer behavior on one front and ignoring it on another is not the modus operandi of posters truly interested in honest intellectual discussion. It is the method-of-choice for platform warriors with colloquial "axes" to grind.

You might be looking for Libel

Good post, but watch it fall on deaf ears. Hell, posts like these..

S9eei.gif

Sum up the attitude around here.
Honest recourse would be great if we were all of the same opinion. None of us should be happy about these deals.

Hey, at least Xbox owners can get a break from

Whether we wanted it or not, we've stepped into a war with the Cabal on Mars. So let's get to taking out their command, one by one. Valus Ta'aurc. From what I can gather he commands the Siege Dancers from an Imperial Land Tank outside of Rubicon. He's well protected, but with the right team, we can punch through those defenses, take this beast out, and break their grip on Freehold.

Did you type this from memory? Laughing out loud, thank you for this.

I appreciate you explaining in detail, but you haven't really refuted that both call outs incite console wars, the point of my original post.

Since your point of contention with him or her revolves around my point, permit me to offer this as a counter: my original post was made because I believe context and timeliness allow for it.

This thread reported that Microsoft was in talks to extend PUBG exclusivity yesterday. Because Hoo-doo put forward such a pointed disapproval towards Microsoft's purported anti-consumer efforts, I expected that surely he would also voice his stern disapproval here with this news today. (There were several others with similar arguments in the thread, I focus on Hoo-doo because he was particularly vocal and I noticed just by glancing through the 1st page.)

After all, both Battlegrounds and Destiny are two of the hottest IPs in gaming right now and I thought surely the principle of his concerns would extend to this topic, which has been noticeable on the front page, as well. I was and still am saddened that this has not proven to be so.

This is a public forum meant for discussion, and being adults, we know that just because we are on the internet does not mean we can say whatever we like without challenge. I did not resort to name-calling or insults in my original comment and was succinct about my point. If there was a way to tag posters in your posts, I would've done so. I think I've made it clear that I'm willing to engage in a discussion about this topic.

In short: I thought it interesting that a group of posters who commented vocally and very recently on anti-consumer behavior by one publisher have been noticeably absent from this discussion, which also revolves around more obviously anti-consumer behavior.

If that is what considered inciting console wars, then perhaps you could help me understand what exactly console wars are.

Since your point of contention with him or her revolves around my point, permit me to offer this as a counter: my original post was made because I believe context and timeliness allow for it.

This thread reported that Microsoft was in talks to extend PUBG exclusivity yesterday. Because Hoo-doo put forward such a pointed disapproval towards Microsoft's purported anti-consumer efforts, I expected that surely he would also voice his stern disapproval here with this news today. (There were several others with similar arguments in the thread, I focus on Hoo-doo because he was particularly vocal and I noticed just by glancing through the 1st page.)

After all, both Battlegrounds and Destiny are two of the hottest IPs in gaming right now and I thought surely the principle of his concerns would extend to this topic, which has been noticeable on the front page, as well. I was and still am saddened that this has not proven to be so.

This is a public forum meant for discussion, and being adults, we know that just because we are on the internet does not mean we can say whatever we like without challenge. I did not resort to name-calling or insults in my original comment and was succinct about my point. If there was a way to tag posters in your posts, I would've done so. I think I've made it clear that I'm willing to engage in a discussion about this topic.

In short: I thought it interesting that a group of posters who commented vocally and very recently on anti-consumer behavior by one publisher have been noticeably absent from this discussion, which also revolves around more obviously anti-consumer behavior.

If that is what considered inciting console wars, then perhaps you could help me understand what exactly console wars are.

Well it's fairly easy to understand, the two publishers you're talking about are Microsoft and Sony, two publishers and console makes that a regularly pitted against each other. And your posts directed at absent posters had the very clear accusation of treating different publishers differently for "console war" reasons.

You know what would have been nice? Include Jade Rabbit and Zen Meteor in D2 so those of us who missed them in D1 can obtain them in D2 without having to play a dead game.

Hoo-doo

Banned

What is this horseshit. I don't applaud any kind of exclusivity deals regardless of platform.
I actually got a PM notifying me of this thread because my 'absence' was somehow spun into an argument I took no part in. The thread had fallen off the front page a long time ago, you couldn't have reached out to me yourself? If it were not for the PM I wouldn't have even seen the thread, which would have totally confirmed all your biases.

So, I guess i'm sorry (?) for not being able to post in every thread at the same time. But i'm here now. Can you restructure your argument again?

And I don't know what you expect me to say on this matter. This practice sucks. It has sucked ever since the first announcement. I don't remember ever saying otherwise.
Is it the opening of old wounds what is causing this desire for me personally to denounce it? I am kinda honored, but this is getting weird.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Guess it's no fun talking about me when i'm actually there to read it. I can't keep this thread on the front page by myself.

Apologies to the mods for double-posting.
You guys can hit me up on PM if you (weirdly) want me to engage with stuff. Don't be shy next time.

Top Bottom