• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Exclusive Destiny 1 content now available on Xbox

Piscus

It's a terrible practice, but... could be worse. You could only own a Nintendo platform, and then you'd still be waiting for Playstation Exclusive Destiny 1 content.

Destiny 2 on XB is having population issues?

More that all my friends are playing on PS4/I don't have a well populated XB1 friends list....but just look at all the Neogaf clans for PS4 vs XB1 too. It's not like I'm struggling to find a crucible match or whatever, but there are only like 4 GAF clans, 3 of them are full and the one I'm in only has 30 people.

They actually waited until after the release of the sequel on the same platform.

That's an insane moneyhat, why even bother?

tenor.gif

Ehh, what? You're telling me Jade Rabbit was a Playstation exclusive weapon until now?!

This may explain why I couldn't find one (since I played randomly and didn't do a lot of search on the internet).

Lol. That's really a shame from Bungie and Sony for doing this. But hey, I may download Destiny once again to try the new stuff, since I didn't jump into D2 on Xbox.

I think it was the only weapon exclusive from Taken King.

HenryEen

Banned
Oh, golly gee! What a blessing!

Now to wait for a year (or two if the exclusivity time is extended like D1 was) until Xbox/PC are in line with the PS4 version of Destiny 2.

The sad part is, the exclusive Strike (Lake Of Shadows) ties heavily into the Hive/Taken story arc and ends in a cliffhanger.

Hey, at least Xbox owners can get a break from

Whether we wanted it or not, we've stepped into a war with the Cabal on Mars. So let's get to taking out their command, one by one. Valus Ta'aurc. From what I can gather he commands the Siege Dancers from an Imperial Land Tank outside of Rubicon. He's well protected, but with the right team, we can punch through those defenses, take this beast out, and break their grip on Freehold.

BECAUSE HOLY SHIT, IF I HAD TO PLAY THAT STRIKE ONE MORE TIME.

LOL! I can hear his voice in your text.

Yesterday morning, Hoo Doo and others had a lot to say about how paying to keep content off another platform is anti-consumer in the Bloomberg Report about MS trying to extend PUBG's timed exclusive status.

Yet there is radio silence here.

Portugeezer

The timed exclusivity for DLC and weapons sounded stupid when we heard about it, and now we can confirm it is stupid now that D2 is out.

By no means a defense of this, but this was neither random nor unknown. This content was the Taken King exclusive content, which was supposed to last a year. When Destiny 2 was delayed (and I believe the Rise of Iron DLC launched with no new exclusives), the window was expanded by a year, as the actual original deal was intended to cover the final year of Destiny 1.

Leyasu

Banned
Yesterday morning, Hoo Doo and others had a lot to say about how paying to keep content off another platform is anti-consumer in the Bloomberg Report about MS trying to extend PUBG's timed exclusive status.

Yet there is radio silence here.

Not the same blah blah. You know the routine with certain posters

Spades

Well, hunting for Jade Rabbit in D1 is probably more fun than D2's endgame.

I guess you could call it an Xbox One exclusive Autumn update!

Spades

By no means a defense of this, but this was neither random nor unknown. This content was the Taken King exclusive content, which was supposed to last a year. When Destiny 2 was delayed (and I believe the Rise of Iron DLC launched with no new exclusives), the window was expanded by a year, as the actual original deal was intended to cover the final year of Destiny 1.

Incorrect.

THE TAKEN KING (749 days):

Armour:
Azoth Bend (Warlock)
Hesperos (Titan)
Neuroghast (Hunter)
Weapons:
The Jade Rabit (Scout Rifle)
+ Grimoire card (0 points)
Missions/Areas:
Echo Chamber (Strike)
+ Grimoire card x2 (20 points total)
Sector 618 (Crucible Map)
+ Grimoire card x3 (10 points total)

SRL 2015 (665 days):

Armor:
Iron Camelot (Warlock)
Iron Camelot (Titan)
Iron Camelot (Hunter)
Cosmetic:
EV-42 Nightsteed (Sparrow)
Missions/Areas:
With Finesse and Speed (Quest)

APRIL UPDATE 2016 (539 days):

Armor:
Barkhan Dune I (Warlock)
Jovian Guard (Titan)
Long Tomorrow 9G (Hunter)
Weapons:
Zen Meteor (Sniper)
+ Grimoire card (15 points)
Cosmetic:
Velumbra (Sparrow)
Missions/Areas:
Essence of Darkness (Quest)

RISE OF IRON (378 days):

Cosmetic:
Timeless Tereshkova (Ship)
Missions/Areas:
Icarus (Crucible Map)
+ Grimoire card x2 (0 points total)
Show of Strength (Quest)

Lots of stuff from almost every update since TTK.

FyreWulff

A very sick joke. As annoying as it is. I see the value to a platform holder of getting lets say CoD DLC content for a month but a year or longer haha

Was MS this ruthless during the 360 era with DLC content?

There was Halo 3 DLC that was done in summer 2008 that didn't come out until Fall 2009 that MS sat on.

To the point that Halo 3 had the DLC maps mentioned in it's achievements in a title update in late summer 2008 that Bungie had to pretend did not exist in their own game's achievement list for another full year.

pastrami

A very sick joke. As annoying as it is. I see the value to a platform holder of getting lets say CoD DLC content for a month but a year or longer haha

Was MS this ruthless during the 360 era with DLC content?

If anything, content deals back then were even more annoying because both platforms had requirements for extra content on late ports.

For example, Bioshock on PS3 released one year after the Xbox360/PC versions with some challenge room DLC that wasn't available anywhere else for like 5 years. And perhaps one of the bigger deals last gen was the GTA IV DLC, the first of which was exclusive to Xbox 360 for over a year.

sense

Did Sony actively help develop that Destiny content or something? If not, they're nothing alike
I am talking about the recent rumor/news that they are in talks to extend the exclusivity period. Anyways do you think ms actively helped square/capcom develop tomb raider or dead rising who are more than capable to do it on their own? They were entire games delayed a year from the competing platform. Atleast with destiny it ain't that bad. We are talking 5% of the game being held back from the competing platform. Both are bad but stop with the ms ain't doing similar shit crap and they are just "helping" them. It may be true to an extent with pubg being they are a newish indie dev so they can get the game out for Xbox a lot sooner but if the rumor turns out true then that's them paying to delaying it further/forever on the competing platform,

hank_tree

There was Halo 3 DLC that was done in summer 2008 that didn't come out until Fall 2009 that MS sat on.

To the point that Halo 3 had the DLC maps mentioned in it's achievements in a title update in late summer 2008 that Bungie had to pretend did not exist in their own game's achievement list for another full year.

I don’t understand what you are saying here. How is MS holding back content on their own platform relevant to this thread?

Not being snarky, I just don’t understand what point you are trying to make.

blamite

I'm totally done with D1, but the second Xur finally sells Zen Meteor I'll be back in to buy that thing so I can get that 15 extra Grimoire score and finally uninstall the game for good.
2 years, the vanilla D1 exclusives released when TTK came out, this is the TTK and RoI exclusives.

Top Bottom