• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation FLASH SALE is up!

Too bad Rayman legends vita isnt on sale. I have the wii U version but wouldnt mind a cheap digital copy for on the go. That game is awesome and deserved a better fate, great gameplay and chockfull of content.

I havent played last blade 2, but Ive always liked 2d fighters and the artwork is gorgeous on this game. This is ps4/vita crossplay/buy right?

Nose Master

Chronicles of Teddy is freaking awesome. Metroidvanias meet Zelda2.

Its solid, but the final boss is awful. 100% RNG that only allows damage on one of the 6 or so patterns. I went 5+ minutes just dodging repeating patterns multiple times before I got the chance to deal damage. For every single hit.

Really disappointing oversight.

Too bad Rayman legends vita isnt on sale. I have the wii U version but wouldnt mind a cheap digital copy for on the go. That game is awesome and deserved a better fate, great gameplay and chockfull of content.

I havent played last blade 2, but Ive always liked 2d fighters and the artwork is gorgeous on this game. This is ps4/vita crossplay/buy right?
Yes it is

But the console port wasn't very good. At least at launch it had frame rate issues and really bad IQ (basically no anti aliasing )

Well however it was when it was released, it's not that way anymore.

Really strange phenomena I'm seeing on GAF where people judge and recommend games based on their release state instead of current state, not taking any patches or updates into account. Seen it with several other games too.

Anyway, Grow Home is amazing and everyone that hasn't played it should buy it. It's only $2.39!! You can probably beat it 100% in a day or two and it is easily worth full price, let alone what they're asking during the sale. Really really fun and unique platformer, the sense of scale is insane and I was literally sweating several times while playing from how tense it was.

HeeHo

Very tempted to get Banner Saga, God Eater and/or Rayman Legends. Thing is, I already have a ton of digital games I never play that I bought on sale. I love Monster Hunter though and I'm wondering if the God Eater online community is still a healthy thing?

Is Downwell better on Vita or mobile phone?
Do you play it with touch controls on Vita?

Better on Vita (and I own it on both Vita and Android). Don't play with touch controls. You need the preciseness of traditional controls.

Mat Mania, y'all! You should buy that if you like arcade wrestling games at all. This is the precursor to WWF Superstars Arcade and WWF Wrestlefest. It's one of the great arcade games ever made, in my humble opinion.

Unkle

Is Downwell better on Vita or mobile phone?
Do you play it with touch controls on Vita?

Having sunk about twenty hours in to the PS4 version I can't even comprehend how you could play it even semi-competently with touch controls.

Get the Vita version!

Snowballo

Having sunk about twenty hours in to the PS4 version I can't even comprehend how you could play it even semi-competently with touch controls.

Get the Vita version!

Thanks to you and to Voysa for the answer.
The curious thing is that this game was born on mobile right?
And then it came to Vita where is much more playable beacuse of the precise controls, as I supposed...
That's really weired.
BTW I'm a gamer not able to appreciate most of the stuff that comes to mobile devices. I cannot consider the mobile phones as real console for real experience.

jb1234

Is Graces F worth it at that price?

Last Tales game I played was Xillia and found it to be a bit boring.

If the combat clicks for you. Unfortunately, if it doesn't (it didn't for me), the game doesn't have anything else to offer. The story and characters are both godawful

Someone give me some convincing arguments to get Banner Saga, Shadow Complex, and Hitman GO.

Rayman and Downwell are already getting bought.

Kwixotik

Someone give me some convincing arguments to get Banner Saga, Shadow Complex, and Hitman GO.

Rayman and Downwell are already getting bought.

Banner Saga is Oregon Trail meets Final Fantasy Tactics with beautiful art. Idk, if that doesn't sell you on it then might not be for you.

THE-JUV

do games randomly get added later during the flash sale? I'm seeing Ray Gigant now for Vita for 8.99, which I didn't see earlier, so gonna grab it in case it's a mistake

Tansut

Every time some Arcade Archives games go on sale and Double Dragon II isn't one of them my heart breaks a little.

I really want to get Rayman Legends but I'm torn between Vita or PS4. Any suggestions? I have a PS TV right now instead of a Vita since my folks lost it but I'm planning to get another one soon.

EDIT: Wait the Vita version is not on sale. Nevermind PS4 it is!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
AFAIK there's no demo but if you're still unsure try watching some gameplay videos on YouTube.

It's just a mobile port with wayyy too much touch-screen stuff from what I see. Plus apparently the achievements are glitched. :/ I'll pass, since I already have Civ 5 on PC. But having a portable Civ after Rev1 on console was good would've been nice.

lupinko

I picked up Shadow Complex Remastered and Downwell from this sale. I'm debating MKXL but because I bought SCR and wanted to only spend $100 for the $15 rebate, I think I can wait again for another if not better sale since MKXL may be on a Halloween sale in addition to Black Friday which is next month.

Other than those two games I picked up Witcher 3's season pass and a ton of SFV costumes (CPT bundle, all Halloween costumes, 1 Battle Costume).

Kyrios

do games randomly get added later during the flash sale? I'm seeing Ray Gigant now for Vita for 8.99, which I didn't see earlier, so gonna grab it in case it's a mistake

Yeah I don't remember that being on the original list, nor did I see it on the Vita store. Good price for it for sure.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Well however it was when it was released, it's not that way anymore.

Really strange phenomena I'm seeing on GAF where people judge and recommend games based on their release state instead of current state, not taking any patches or updates into account. Seen it with several other games too.

Anyway, Grow Home is amazing and everyone that hasn't played it should buy it. It's only $2.39!! You can probably beat it 100% in a day or two and it is easily worth full price, let alone what they're asking during the sale. Really really fun and unique platformer, the sense of scale is insane and I was literally sweating several times while playing from how tense it was.

I played it probably a month ago. Framerate was all over the place. Gave me a headache within an hour of starting it.

There may be some fun to be had with it on PC, but the PS4 version is extremely unpleasant.

joe2187

Banned
Guys....help....

I cant stop playing downwell on vita.

I played it before I got to work, I played it through my whole break at work. Im playing it right now as I type this.

I cant....stop....

Is Shadow Of Mordor GOTY Edition worth $10? I know it won GOTY a couple of years back, but I've also heard it is really generic boring open world game in the Assassin's Creed mold.

Is Shadow Of Mordor GOTY Edition worth $10? I know it won GOTY a couple of years back, but I've also heard it is really generic boring open world game in the Assassin's Creed mold.
Better than any AC game I've ever played. The main story's pretty generic, but the world's really fun to explore, you feel like a badass killing orcs, and the combat is basically that of Arkham, so decent. The nemesis system, where orcs who've killed you become enemies to be tracked, is also really interesting.

It does play it hard and fast with LOTR lore (the whole concept makes no sense if you've read the books), but it's the best Middle Earth game in a long time. I'm playing through it right now and couldn't put it down for a good six hours yesterday.

Kind of curious, but is there any issue with the God Eater Resurrection trophies? I got the first one basically just for starting the game, but noticed in the list that somehow there are others that are somehow obtained more often than it...

Better than any AC game I've ever played. The main story's pretty generic, but the world's really fun to explore, you feel like a badass killing orcs, and the combat is basically that of Arkham, so decent. The nemesis system, where orcs who've killed you become enemies to be tracked, is also really interesting.

It does play it hard and fast with LOTR lore (the whole concept makes no sense if you've read the books), but it's the best Middle Earth game in a long time. I'm playing through it right now and couldn't put it down for a good six hours yesterday.

Thanks. For $10 it seems worth taking a flyer on if it doesn't just end up in my backlog.

Downwell is tempting. I'd probably prefer it on PC, but it might be better to play in bed on my Vita. It's cheap, so I might just buy it on both.
Any performance issues on Vita? I know it's a pretty simplistic game, but you never know.

Don't have most of these games

Best 5 ps4 games of this list anyone?

Rayman Legends is great if you like 2D platformers.
Shadow Complex Remastered is a fantastic 2.5D Metroidvania.
God Eater: Resurrection if you're a fan of Monster Hunter.

Not sure if it's a part of the Flash Sale, but Shadow of Mordor GOTY is only $10 right now. Definitely a good price if you're into the Batman Arkham series.

lupinko

Rayman Legends is great if you like 2D platformers.
Shadow Complex Remastered is a fantastic 2.5D Metroidvania.
God Eater: Resurrection if you're a fan of Monster Hunter.

Not sure if it's a part of the Flash Sale, but Shadow of Mordor GOTY is only $10 right now. Definitely a good price if you're into the Batman Arkham series.

It isn't part of that sale, it's from the WB Games sale.

Top Bottom