• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Gold Wireless Headset $39.99 at Target

So this deal is over today (11/29)? :(
If I order it to pick up tomorrow, would I be able to get it for $40?

*edit* never mind. It's sold out everywhere back home. :( if only someone got one and I paid for it+shipping.

Impulse buy, since it was so cheap. I must say the Pulse Elites shits all over the Gold headsets features wise.

Gold, can only hold 1 preset, Pulse Elites 5

Golds can't be used with a 35mm jack to insert in your receiver to listen to movies wirelessly or watch football or any other presets unless you watch netflix or any other streaming service on the PS4 or 3.

Sound goes to Pulse Elites the bass impact is just next level. I wish sony would make the presets available for Pulse Elites on the PS4.

I'll use the Golds as a back up set.

Impulse buy, since it was so cheap. I must say the Pulse Elites shits all over the Gold headsets features wise.

Golds can't be used with a 35mm jack to insert in your receiver to listen to movies wirelessly or watch football or any other presets unless you watch netflix or any other streaming service on the PS4 or 3.

Sound goes to Pulse Elites the bass impact is just next level. I wish sony would make the presets available for Pulse Elites on the PS4.

Aren't the Pulse Elites more expensive?

Jonboy

Wait so the white ones are really rare? My target only had one left and it was white. I'd actually prefer black though. Anyone interested in a trade?

Or maybe I could sell the white ones for more than $100 and buy a pair of black at regular price if they're that rare.

RedAssedApe

Banned

bass impact absolutely murders battery life though. think that type of feature would be more appropriate for a wired headset where battery life is a non-factor. agree on the presets though. updating the 1 custom preset on the golds is a huge PITA

elites were a bit too clampy for my taste but maybe that gets better over time. how is the mic quality? never got to play an actual online game on my ps3 before I returned them. but the gold mic was pretty disappointing.

Ramune

My Target was a bust. They didn't have the Gold, but some plain Playstation Wireless Headset. Box was busted as all heck too. I had to pass.

Next time, I'll just price match at some places locally, since it was an hour drive. And nightfall comes quicker now.

Oxn

Wait so the white ones are really rare? My target only had one left and it was white. I'd actually prefer black though. Anyone interested in a trade?

Or maybe I could sell the white ones for more than $100 and buy a pair of black at regular price if they're that rare.

Yup the white one is rare.

Check ebay.

ironmang

Went to walmart and they told me no :(

edit: because this picture didn't say Gold
http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=140736718&postcount=185

Probably too late now but might have been worth trying out at a different store or with a different employee. I used that exact picture about an hour ago and got mine with no problem at all. Was actually pretty surprised how smoothly it went. All they asked was if there were stores with them in stock which there were... like 150 miles away lol.

bass impact absolutely murders battery life though. think that type of feature would be more appropriate for a wired headset where battery life is a non-factor. agree on the presets though. updating the 1 custom preset on the golds is a huge PITA

elites were a bit too clampy for my taste but maybe that gets better over time. how is the mic quality? never got to play an actual online game on my ps3 before I returned them. but the gold mic was pretty disappointing.

Really don't care about battery life, I don't game for hours on end. My play time is about hour to an hour and a half. The mic is better as well.

ironmang

I wonder whatever happened to all those people in the $60 Wii U thread crowing about retail fraud.

Is this really the same thing though? WiiU for $60 is pretty absurd to everybody. Headsets being marked down 60% isn't really all that uncommon.

Found a white headset at my Target but they wouldn't match the $40. Although, the manager was super nice and took off $20 because "You were polite and didn't curse me out." Poor guy, sounds like he had a tough Black Friday.

I Looked everywhere, none avaiable. Sucks living the NY Metro area when these deals come up.

When I left home, my nearest Target had a *limited stock avaiable*. 10min drive later got there, *Out of stock*. Every other Walmart and Best Buy also had them sold out.

cyborg009

Banned
Probably too late now but might have been worth trying out at a different store or with a different employee. I used that exact picture about an hour ago and got mine with no problem at all. Was actually pretty surprised how smoothly it went. All they asked was if there were stores with them in stock which there were... like 150 miles away lol.

When the lay found the headset for me so told me to ask the manager about the price match so I ran after him and showed him the picture. He told me he turned 4 people away using the same exact picture. Oh well hopefully these go on sale another time.

And there are people already selling the white ones on Ebay for $150, with a Target gift receipt.

I wonder how much they paid for them *wink*wink*

Guys am I doing something wrong? I bought it and sound is pretty darn good for playing at night. However, EVERYONE complains that they can barely hear unless I'm screaming into the mic. I raised the volume as high as possible on the settings menu where you check if your mic voice is good or not.

Did I press one of the 12 buttons accidentally and fuck things up? People mentioned as if they were hearing me through someone else's mic.

Armaly

How long do you guys think it'll take for Target to restock? I'm guessing they should have more by Wednesday so I can do my exchange.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Guys am I doing something wrong? I bought it and sound is pretty darn good for playing at night. However, EVERYONE complains that they can barely hear unless I'm screaming into the mic. I raised the volume as high as possible on the settings menu where you check if your mic voice is good or not.

Did I press one of the 12 buttons accidentally and fuck things up? People mentioned as if they were hearing me through someone else's mic.

i know this is going to sound offensive but are you wearing the headset correctly? i believe the mic is in the front side of left cup. if you wear them reversed the mic is effectively behind you. my friend was actually doing that and it made him sound like he was always whispering if he wasn't yelling

i know this is going to sound offensive but are you wearing the headset correctly? i believe the mic is in the front side of left cup. if you wear them reversed the mic is effectively behind you. my friend was actually doing that and it made him sound like he was always whispering if he wasn't yelling
Why would this sound offensive? With the amount of moronic things I do, I sensed you were right when I read your post. Thanks for the help man, I haven't tested it but I looked and saw L and R for each side and it did look as if i was wearing it the wrong way.

Cloudy

Banned
My white headset sold on eBay for over $200

1tWe1du.gif

Kept the black one. Amazing device

Armaly

Holding onto the old stereo wireless headset was a great idea. Managed to do an even exchange today for the golds. :D

RedAssedApe

Banned
Why would this sound offensive? With the amount of moronic things I do, I sensed you were right when I read your post. Thanks for the help man, I haven't tested it but I looked and saw L and R for each side and it did look as if i was wearing it the wrong way.

haha...i dunno. sometimes i'll see people post advice/things to check and people reply back as if the person giving the advice was being condescending.

hope it's the actual solution. main controls/power are always on the left cup :)

My white headset sold on eBay for over $200

1tWe1du.gif

Kept the black one. Amazing device

People are weird. Then again I think the white one was like a special edition.

ThisOne

I sold the headset I got from Target (Old version PS3 headset) for $99 on Amazon. I would have kept it but I got home and realized that I hadn't actually bought the Gold headset. Either way, I made a nice $50 off it.

I know some of you probably hate me.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Yeah I had no idea the white headphones were rare now , I should have went searching for one

probably not worth the gas to be scouring the earth for it tbh. they didn't have a sku for it online so it seemed like pretty much luck of the draw that a few people had them at their local targets.

Armaly

Finally got these up and running on my PC. I hear tons of white noise and the mic sounds muddled when using wirelessly on teamspeak. I got an audio splitter and now it works perfectly wired. Guess i'll just use wireless strictly for PS3/P4 play. Can I use the mic when wired to the vita?

Top Bottom