• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Gold Wireless Headset $39.99 at Target

Armaly

Check the email reciept. It'll show $40

Did you get emailed the receipt? Guess I need to check my statement too. I was told that you wouldn't be charged until picking them up at the store for the correct price.

I'm having the same issue. My bank says there isn't much they could do and that target should refund the $70 and do the transaction again.. Have to make another trip to target to try and get it sorted out.

Yeah, the $70 transaction got approved even though the email receipt says $40. Had to have them cancel the transaction and just charge me the $40.

868abb45bd.png

11290b2258.png

kng3025

Did you get emailed the receipt? Guess I need to check my statement too. I was told that you wouldn't be charged until picking them up at the store for the correct price.

I was told the same thing.I got the receipt about 10 minutes and it does indeed show the $40 price, but my statement doesn't reflect that. $76 bucks was deducted.

scsa

This is a steal at this price.
I wonder how much these retailers earn on SKU's such as these to clear them at 39.99 because they aren't still selling for a loss and the usual price is 100$

medze

So, I was able to get a pair of the Gold headset in White for $39.99 from Target, but I had to haggle/argue with them to get it...

Here is a timeline:

Walk into Target
Walk to Electronics section
Walk to PS4, See white headset and a shelf talker that says "On Sale, PS3 Wireless Headset, $39.99" I bring both to the counter
Employee scans headset, it rings at $100, she looks at the shelf talker, she scans shelf talker, tells me it is for a different product.
I reply with "It says right on this box, "Wireless headset for PS3, PS4 and Vita"
She then scans the shelf talker with her iPod inventory device, and the description comes back as "PS ACC Gold Headset"
I look at her, then look at the box, and I say "It says it right on the box... GOLD headset"
She calls Manager over, he just says to mark it down, I walk out with a $100 pair of headphones for $40.

:)

Same thing happened to me.

Actually, I went in late last night (like after 3am) and they didn't have any in stock so I was pretty bummed. But I went back in this afternoon and they had a pair of the white ones and they were on the rack for $39. I got the guy to come get them and he scanned them and said it was $99.

He was like "oh, these are a different item, they're not on sale" so I basically argued with him since they were on the rack that said $39. He was obviously getting frustrated and I felt kind of bad but eventually when I asked for the manager, he said they'd honor the price on the rack.

White headset for $39! So awesome!

Riddy

Just chiming in to say I picked mine up for 40 bucks but...I didn't realize it wasn't bluetooth :/

Warning: this uses a dongle to send its wireless signal. For non-ps4 or PC devices, you have to use a cable adapter.

jwk94

So, I was able to get a pair of the Gold headset in White for $39.99 from Target, but I had to haggle/argue with them to get it...

Here is a timeline:

Walk into Target
Walk to Electronics section
Walk to PS4, See white headset and a shelf talker that says "On Sale, PS3 Wireless Headset, $39.99" I bring both to the counter
Employee scans headset, it rings at $100, she looks at the shelf talker, she scans shelf talker, tells me it is for a different product.
I reply with "It says right on this box, "Wireless headset for PS3, PS4 and Vita"
She then scans the shelf talker with her iPod inventory device, and the description comes back as "PS ACC Gold Headset"
I look at her, then look at the box, and I say "It says it right on the box... GOLD headset"
She calls Manager over, he just says to mark it down, I walk out with a $100 pair of headphones for $40.

:)
wow...

Pics_nao

Tried returning mine to get it at the $40 price but my transaction isn't in their system. Anyone know how long this deal is going on for? I'd like to get my $35 back soon since I was using it to buy PS+

jadedm17

The Target by me was sold out so I checked online and the only store within 100 miles to have one was 20 miles away. I go there and they cant find any, neither can customer support and they give me the line of "The website updates stock every 24 hours."

Okay, so I just ordered one online and I got an email saying its ready for pickup from the same store 20 miles out, a message I got not 15 minutes after placing the order. I'm heading there now so wish me luck gaf.

Note : I have a motorcycle and live in florida so worst case I'll have a nice ride.

RedAssedApe

Banned
The Target by me was sold out so I checked online and the only store within 100 miles to have one was 20 miles away. I go there and they cant find any, neither can customer support and they give me the line of "The website updates stock every 24 hours."

Okay, so I just ordered one online and I got an email saying its ready for pickup from the same store 20 miles out, a message I got not 15 minutes after placing the order. I'm heading there now so wish me luck gaf.

Note : I have a motorcycle and live in florida so worst case I'll have a nice ride.

just hope they aren't pulling the other older sony headset like some people have reported in this thread. good luck!

mutsu

Ordered online but then later got an email saying my order is cancelled, claiming out of stock :(

Really disappointed.

Armaly

So I went there personally to get the right product but they're out of stock. The girl tried to get me to do a return but I just asked for a manager and she checked all the targets within 30 miles and none were in stock. She recommended that I just hang onto it and exchange it at my local target whenever they get more in stock since it is technically the wrong product.

woodypop

Noob question: which earphone is Left and which is Right? Does the PS logo go on the front side of the ear, or the back side?

I don't see the white version online to check and see if they gave that one in stock.... Anybody happen to know the sku/ item number for the glacier white ones?

Scarphace

My brother got to a store that had some right before they closed but they wouldn't pull it out until tomorrow. The manager said he would match the price. Hopefully they are still there when one of us gets off work.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
There's no way to get this in Canada is there?

Gusto

I just went to Target and when asked for a price check on the white ones, they told me that they were $99.99

I_Am_CC

Placed a order for pick up before I went to sleep last night and picked it up after work today. Price changed automatically to $40 no problem. I noticed before I picked it up though that I already had a $75 charge on my card. I asked the employee about that and he assured me it would change to the $40. As of right now I don't have any charge at all from Target on my card and another completely unrelated charge from earlier last night is appearing twice... its still pending but its odd. Gonna have to keep a eye on it all now.

Cloudy

Banned
Yeah, the $70 transaction got approved even though the email receipt says $40. Had to have them cancel the transaction and just charge me the $40.

Target.com does not charge you until you pick up the item. The initial "charge" is just a hold on the funds that will drop off

jadedm17

just hope they aren't pulling the other older sony headset like some people have reported in this thread. good luck!

Arrived and she tried to sell me a wired silver headset when my email was for a wireless gold headset - apparently someone did actually scan the item? Fantastic. Left with a raincheck to pick it up for $39 whenever they get more in stock at any Target. I've always had great service with Target before so I wasn't gonna push it.
Walmart or KMart I'd have thrown a fit.

fedexpeon

Banned
Man, I wish I can sell you guys my $250ish giftcard for like 225 or something since I don't shop at Target.
The balance has been sitting there for almost 1 year =/.

Spinluck

I'm heading to my Target in a few. Hope I can grab a white one!

Edit: Calling can be a waste of time. Guy said they didn't have them. I then asked if they were on sale, to which he replied with "Nope. Haven't sold one yet."

I just hung up on the guy.
Welp...

I'm in West Miramar, snagged the last one at my Target. Put in the store pick up before work.

prateeko

I have one for in-store pickup which I am going to grab tomorrow morning. It rang up as $70. Will it auto-adjust or will I have to have them cancel and ring me up again thereafter?

got 2 of them from 2 different stores...did online pickup for both. the first store had incorrectly pulled the ps3 headset and went in the back and found 1 gold on a rack. 2nd store had correctly pulled the gold headsets. will be gifting one...great deals from target past two weeks, as we got $280 car seats for $130/ea last week.

I have one for in-store pickup which I am going to grab tomorrow morning. It rang up as $70. Will it auto-adjust or will I have to have them cancel and ring me up again thereafter?

when they pull up the order in store it will prompt cashier that price is lower. they have to hit accept...

DrZeus

Just got a pair of these! I won't have my ps4 till next week though. Been waiting on a deal like this for awhile. Thanks so much gaf!

Gunsmithx

I'm heading to my Target in a few. Hope I can grab a white one!

Edit: Calling can be a waste of time. Guy said they didn't have them. I then asked if they were on sale, to which he replied with "Nope. Haven't sold one yet."

I just hung up on the guy.
Welp...

Them being out at the flagler store is my fault, got the last 2 last night for me and a buddy. Funny thing was that no one in the electronics section even knew about it till I had them ring them up.

bucwylde23

Neo Member
I did store pickup, turns out they set aside the old wireless headset (not the gold's). I'll have to return these, hope they don't give me any issues.

I ended up just getting them from walmart for $70 by price matching best buy. I tried to price match the $40 price but apparently the difference in price is too high and they weren't able to do it.

Struck out looking at 3 different targets. If anyone ends up with an extra please let me know, be glad to pay shipping and a little extra.

Top Bottom