• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Gold Wireless Headset $39.99 at Target

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Yup, it rings up as $40. In store only. If you go to store for pickup try and exchange it back to them and buy it back for the lower price.
So for in-store pickup, the only way to see the price is to actually go? So far I'm not seeing 39.99 on checkout.
Both of you read this.
[im]http://i.imgur.com/JveB2ct.jpg[/img]
Got it. Bought it online but apparently they don't process checkout until you pick it up. So even though when you checkout online it says $75.99 once you get to the checkout at CS and the process it then you get the real discount.
Got one ordered for store pick up and going to swing by to grab it on the way into work tomorrow. According to the email confirmation, they don't charge you till you pick it up, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed it rings in at the lower price, otherwise I will try the cancel and repurchase trick for the $39 deal. Hopefully this isn't a glitch and only a doorbuster deal so I can still get it at this price, otherwise I'll still settle for the $69 since I need a good headset when I do my late night gaming.

Scarphace

Just ordered 2 for pickup tomorrow so hopefully I will get the $39 price. Will update tomorrow.

Edit: Just got an email saying there store I ordered the pickup from doesn't have any more

VARIA

Thanks GAF!

oXEDVAl.jpg

woodypop

Just got back from my Target. Snagged the last one they had.

21984EA7-643B-4562-BE02-056223F73FAD_zpsr8oscvgy.jpg

It rang up at regular $99.99 price (maybe because it's the white one?), but the manager did a price override, since his price scanner read $39.99 when he scanned the tag on the display shelf. (I wonder if it was in the wrong place?)

Thanks for the heads-up, OP! =)

jelly at that white headset D:

was bummed they had none at my target, not even a shelf tag, just the wired sony ones, like the ones released after the gold wireless headset

oh well

It rang up at regular $99.99 price (maybe because it's the white one?), but the manager did a price override, since his price scanner read $39.99 when he scanned the tag on the display shelf. (I wonder if it was in the wrong place?)

Man that is sexy

Abylim

Stupid Australia.
This very headset is $129. I have been waiting for a good deal on them for awhile.
Damn good deal!

Spinluck

JveB2ct.jpg

Got it. Bought it online but apparently they don't process checkout until you pick it up. So even though when you checkout online it says $75.99 once you get to the checkout at CS and the process it then you get the real discount.

I'm so relieved, I just spent 70 something on these so I can go to the store and pick them up later. I didn't want to be that customer that gave them a hard time about it if it wasn't really $40, and was just a glitch. I probably would have just returned it and wished them a happy holidays. What a sweet deal yo.

medze

isn't the only way you get the 39.99 price at Target's registers? i thought for price match you had to show a competitor's ad displaying the discounted price.

Not sure. At target, it was listed for 39.99 on the rack. You don't have to go to the register to see the price.

Either way, I don't feel like venturing to Walmart to try so I guess I just missed out on this deal. :(

DryvBy

But how's the bass?

And I've heard they're uncomfortable.

Might just wait until next year when I have my nice job and buy something nicer.

I've owned one for a while and I think they're pretty good. Hotline Miami has a great soundtrack with bass and I thought they sounded pretty good. For $39, that's a steal.

jelly! When I try to get the white one, the manager was a douche and refuse to price override.

Apath

Just ordered one online for in-store pickup. Hopefully I get the pickup confirmation in a bit so I can head over there and pick it up.

Simo

Managed to order a pair for in store pick up but is this a doorbuster only price set for a limited period of time or will I be ok to pick up my set at 1pm and still get the deal?

EDIT: Looks like it's till the end of the weekend or while supplies last? I see in the ad it's all accessories and Turtle Beaches.

Armaly

I ordered online for in store pick up and it came to $75. It's going to ring up as $40, correct? Does the card used to pay matter? My dad is planning on picking it up after work and I didn't have his card handy so I used mine instead.

I ordered online for in store pick up and it came to $75. It's going to ring up as $40, correct? Does the card used to pay matter? My dad is planning on picking it up after work and I didn't have his card handy so I used mine instead.
You dont have to present your vard. Just your id. You can let them know in advance that another person id getting them. They dont charge you until you pick them up and since the didcount is in the store cgeckout computers you will get $39 off before they process payment.

ironmang

Damn, says my local store is out of stock and not worth it to drive an extra 70 miles round trip to save $30. Probably going to end up buying for $70 now that I've convinced myself I need this in my life.

chris121580

Got mine! FYI I did in store pick up and they let me know the price changed when they actually rang it up. Thanks for the heads up on the deal OP!

Trigonx

Just sent my order in online, my usual Target was OOS so I'm going to the one in the next city(only an extra 5-7 min drive). Will venture out on BF for a deal like this :)

Just make sure to have the people at Guest Services scan the item before committing to the purchase.

And here's the tag I took a picture of. It shows it's available until Saturday. Have fun trying to PM this:

Thanks for the tip. I've never done a store pick up before. So I get the item and go to guest services? The poster above said the cashier told him about the deal. I already ordered it so I'm in.

I took a screenshot of the picture :p

nullpoynter

Dang! That's a sweet deal for a sweet headset. I picked these up about a month ago for $80 at Wal-mart when everyone else was still selling them for $99. I have no regrets though as the headset is awesome. You won't be disappointed!

Thanks for the tip. I've never done a store pick up before. So I get the item and go to guest services? The poster above said the cashier told him about the deal. I already ordered it so I'm in.

I took a screenshot of the picture :p
They'll notify you when they have the item ready for pickup. They hold it for you at Guest Services so just head there and have your id to show them that you are coming to claim the purchase item. Discount should be applied when they process the order. Easy.

They'll notify you when they have the item ready for pickup. They hold it for you at Guest Services so just head there and have your id to show them that you are coming to claim the purchase item. Discount should be applied when they process the order. Easy.
Nice. Thanks dude. Gaf comes through once again. I should receive the notification by 10 a.m if their two hour claim is true. If ,for some reason, the discount is applied at the register, I can show them a picture of the sale right?

Armaly

You dont have to present your vard. Just your id. You can let them know in advance that another person id getting them. They dont charge you until you pick them up and since the didcount is in the store cgeckout computers you will get $39 off before they process payment.

Oh, that seems a lot easier than I thought. Thanks for the info.

Trigonx

Anybody know how long this will last? Might not get to my target until tomorrow evening around 5pm.

Probably only another hour or so(stock wise), my first selection had stock when i placed a in-store pickup but was notified they have no stock. Chose another location that is within 25 minutes away, hopefully they pull through with stock when they pull my order to the side.

Trying to get Amazon to price match this, but I'm pretty doubtful that they will actually do it.

How did it go for you? I called them was very nice to them and she seemed hesitant because the sale isn't on the target website or on any ads but she still matched the price for me. The key is to just be curteous :)

I wear these all the time now when I game. So comfortable and the sound just adds so much more to the games. Great buy guys, I'm happy I bought them a month ago at full price.

Nice. Thanks dude. Gaf comes through once again. I should receive the notification by 10 a.m if their two hour claim is true. If ,for some reason, the discount is applied at the register, I can show them a picture of the sale right?
Sure. But it literally is in their system so no worries.

$40 bucks is a steal! I got one months ago at best buy for $70 and though I had a great deal.. Quality is great for the price but I still wanna get the Astro A50!

Top Bottom