• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Home Shuts Down in 7 Days (March 31, 2015)

Finally got that goddamn gold Trophy yesterday. Been a part of Home since the beginning, was always just a Running Man dance simulator to me. Great concept but terrible, terrible execution.

Good riddance.

mreddie

Met my long distance girlfriend though Home. We broke up but still talk, she's pissed off about the shutdown and brought a PS4.

Maybe that was the plan...

ShogunX

Met my long distance girlfriend though Home. We broke up but still talk, she's pissed off about the shutdown and brought a PS4.

Maybe that was the plan...

Wow you could of got married and had your wedding on HOME!!!! Bubbles and shit everywhere.

v1ncelis

Like a couple days ago I received email from Sony with some free stuff voucher for home because they notice that I haven't played it in a while. Great timing Sony.

Kolma

We never exited beta and we never got Quest for greatness 3...
I want to finish the story!
(JK I just want more free ps1 games....)

Kas

The one and only time I ever used Home was for Sonys E3 2013 event. The stream never started and it was a waste of time. Never used it again.

My condolences for the handful of people who actually liked it though.

Really wish Sony would commit to things, Move, Home, 3D, Playstation TV, Now, Eyetoy, Camera, Mobile, Vita. Pretty much everything that's not the core playstation brand get's treated half assed and dies.

bigace33

PrestigiousGargantuanCrownofthornsstarfish.gif

nikos

Just logged in to grab some trophies.

Sad day. I loved the concept of Home but didn't end up using it as much as I thought I would. Wish it had more game integration and served as more of a matchmaking hub.

oni_saru

Gahhh!! I wish i had seen this thread a week ago >.< gonna log in now and get some of the trophies. RIP Home. Really enjoyed the fun times i had there. The camera was a game changer.

Nuke it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

So many bullshot promises. Remember how they announced you could meet your friends in Home and travel with them from game to game? What a soulless waste of energy.

yeah gopher it.
My house is now officially a mess with a huge pile of furniture on the floor xD'
Shame I can't get those daily trophies

I did all of them when the first came up out of boredom. Thanks to you I'm 100% appreciate it.

Though there was a beat irony to only missing the one trophy that required socialization in an application like Home.

Apt101

I actually liked Home. I used it somewhat frequently after I bought a PS3 back in the day. I thought the idea was fascinating, and would explore Home to browse media I may never have heard of otherwise. The jankiness of it added charm - like some weird homage to the early imaginings of virtual worlds found in films like Virtuosity.

After a few years of checking in I eventually lost interest. I think interactive advertising and mini-game hubs of this nature can work, but it just didn't the way they tried with Home.

Windforce

I'll miss my PS Home Street Fighter t-shirts. :')

I'll always remember it browing my trophies and rocking dat 100% for PS Home. Farewell. :'(

Roto13

It shuts down at midnight PST, so one hour from now. I'm going to hang around until the end. Never done that in a virtual world before.

I have a pet skunk now. I've named it Flowers.

Spent the final moments of PlayStation Home popping and locking on the Konami dance floor with a bunch of people saying their farewells. People were still typing messages when it suddenly cut off. It felt somber.

Top Bottom