• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Meeting trailer: See the Future. Feb. 20th [Will Be Livestreamed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acheteedo

I hate this elitist attitude. Why should sony bread and butter fans give a shit about ios, steam and android folks who have a different idea on what their 2 dollar games looks and plays like?

The same sort of folks who abandoned nintendo right now after the blazing wii revolution.

Sony knows too well to cater completely to a fickle market when it's bread and butter fans are what keeps their gaming division alive to this day

Fuck that. Sony already has cut through a large part of their fanbase by throwing out BC. Listening to this article will completely destroy them

I dunno, I'd like to see Sony get a mega-hit console that helps stop the whole company from bleeding, and the only way to do that is to target everyone, not just us.

Also, the non-fickle hardcore are an extremely small group, there wasn't enough of them to prop up the PS3 in the early years.

Shayan

Banned
What if GT6,Versus XIII and Killzone 4 are launch titles for the PS4 and TLG a few months later? and what if PS4 gets a worldwide launch too.....

They have been planning for eons and if that happens boom they win console war at launch

DMB4237

Neo Member
Imagine of they release a PS4 demo to be played through Gakai on the PS3 on the same day.

/GT Bonus Round guy.

Regular Schmoe who has no idea how Gaikai works: "If I can do this on my PS3, why do I need a PS4?"

You also can't expect quality to be the same for everyone since internet connections can vary and PS3 wasn't built for it. That could lead to "Oh wow, this is not that good"

CVG : Why Sony can't pull a Bungie with its PS4 showcase

SCE, set to hold the possibly biggest media event in its history this week, can't afford to take the same risks as Activision and Bungie.

The company, which last year reported a staggering net loss of £3.1 billion ($4.9b), is under immense pressure to wow the hundreds of journalists and investors invited to its next-gen exhibition this Wednesday.

With its market position dented and PS Vita still failing to perform (a Japan price cut was announced this morning), the PlayStation firm can't possibly afford to hold back and risk underwhelming its audience - and that's exactly why I expect nothing less than a show-stopping performance.

First-party games will be unveiled - and played - using that intriguing new controller design first shown last week, and third-parties too are showing an interest in making their own blockbuster announcements

Not all of the firm's cards will be played in New York - we're already hearing whispers that key details such as pricing, release and even console design could be held back - but there's plenty to suggest it'll be a landmark event for gamers.

Hanmik

D5xSvni.jpg

WHERE did he arrive..?

https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/303525960001667072

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom