• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | April 2015

Shinriji

How much different is the soul sacrifice demo compared to soul sacrifice delta game? I fully plan on getting delta eventually but wanted a feel for how the game plays before i buy it.

Delta, in a quick glance, is a faster and prettier version of SS. Besides that you can play SS and get a hang of the game, with no problems. Of course,there is several improvements in the UI, gameplay and story modifications. So is kinda hard to go back to OG Soul Sacrifice.

I'm really hoping it's an updated vita or ps4 version, similar to what the Disgaea games, Makai Kingdom and La Pucelle Ragnarok got. Looking forward to what this reveals.

Sounds like it. Can't imagine what else it would be, didn't the game do poorly? Was certainly poorly received.

It didn't sell like gangbusters, but it did well in Japan. They even made thank you wallpapers for fans.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Divekick literally doubles in size after being patched. The devs clearly did not give a fuck.
Dat Johnny Gat tho.

Also Divekick is the Vita of fighting games super underappreciated and is so sad to see so much wasted potential just because people didn't give a shit. In another universe somewhere the Vita broke sales records and Divekick has a thriving online community.

SerTapTap

The order's photo mode is glorious:

CCv84xBVEAAYXJ3.jpg:large

(yes there are GOOD filters too but this is hilarious). You can leave your filters and stuff on when you play too

Omerta

Quick drive by question:

My wife and I are having a baby today... When grabbing the bags I asked her if getting my vita is a poor show.

She said that I didn't want to look like *that guy*...

Divorce?

Hikami

late but just barely saw the thread.. J-Stars is digital only for Vita in the US huh. Only planned on buying one of the crossover fighters so that makes the decision easier I guess. Dengeki Bunko: Fighting Climax it is.

Shizuka

late but just barely saw the thread.. J-Stars is digital only for Vita in the US huh. Only planned on buying one of the crossover fighters so that makes the decision easier I guess. Dengeki Bunko: Fighting Climax it is.

Sega and Namco going completely different directions there. J-Stars Victory Vs+ is Vita DD-only in North America while Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax is $30 retail Vita in North America.

SerTapTap

Sega and Namco going completely different directions there. J-Stars Victory Vs+ is Vita DD-only in North America while Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax is $30 retail Vita in North America.

Lots of more niche pubs seem to be realizing they SHOULD be making physical vita releases while the larger ones are moving away from it, it's weird

Chuy

Delta, in a quick glance, is a faster and prettier version of SS. Besides that you can play SS and get a hang of the game, with no problems. Of course,there is several improvements in the UI, gameplay and story modifications. So is kinda hard to go back to OG Soul Sacrifice.
I figured about the game play/general improvement but was just curious about being able to get a feel for the delta version.
Pretty much answered my questions about it though. Will download and try once I get a chance

antibolo

Banned

I've only heard bad things about J-Stars gameplay.

On the other hand Fighting Climax is a simplistic but still pretty fun 2D fighter, by a competent developer (French Bread).

You have made the right choice.

SerTapTap

Only crossover fighter I want is the one with Super Sonico in it. It's not Skullgirls so I'll suck at it so I might as well pick the one with my fav

Nudull

Banned

Hm. Anyone here actually played Dengeki and can vouch for it? I hate to choose between the two, but if I have to...

Shizuka

Hm. Anyone here actually played Dengeki and can vouch for it? I hate to choose between the two, but if I have to...

I'll get both. They're completely different games, since one is 2D and the other is full 3D. In this case, I'd just decide on the kind of fighting game you like better.

Shinriji

I have both, and I like them pretty much the same, but for different reasons. Screw the haters, saying that J-star is bad is saying that smash has no depth. Dengeki is a serious fighter though, j-star not so much.

Shinriji

I think J-Stars + is supposed to have some sort of a story mode as a new feature. Dunno about Dengeki, though.

J-stars have an adventure mode, that works as the story mode, that you choose one of the 4 main characters and recruit some other characters. There is a world map with different locations, and to beat the adventure mode, you have to upgrade your transportation (from a boat to a plane). Actually the JP version lacks a arcade mode and a pratice mode. J-stars + will have an arcade mode.

Dengeki's story mode is more traditional, with dialogues before and after each fight.

Both games works pretty good on vita.

Shizuka

IFI leak: we're getting Amnesia (otome visual novel) for the Vita on August 2015 (DD-only).
I'm so happy, my first OT!

Sorry for not being on Vita chat lately VitaGAF. Very busy with relocation and taxing new job.

You were missed, buddy.

That looks really good. I hope they are not ruining the game with F2P model.

That's a huge worry for me too. I can get hooked on F2P games for a few days but the systems that usually come with that model become boring or obnoxious really quickly.

Ventara

A vita version of the Witch and the Hundred Knight would be awesome!

Quick drive by question:

My wife and I are having a baby today... When grabbing the bags I asked her if getting my vita is a poor show.

She said that I didn't want to look like *that guy*...

Divorce?

lol. Tell her Vita means life. If she gets to bring some life with her, so should you. It's only fair.

Hikami

IFI leak: we're getting Amnesia (otome visual novel) for the Vita on August 2015 (DD-only).
I'm so happy, my first OT!

Oh cool, was that the only leak?
edit: just read through the thread.. hm, guess i'll go ahead an pre-order the moero import later then

Making OTs is fun. Only made one so far but yeah, I liked making all the graphics and such.
Though hopefully you won't have to go through what I did ~_~ there was so little info on Oreshika so I had to dig everywhere for it and ended up spoiling a lot of the game for myself.

Shizuka

Oh cool, was that the only leak?
edit: just read through the thread.. hm, guess i'll go ahead an pre-order the moero import later then

Making OTs is fun. Only made one so far but yeah, I liked making all the graphics and such.
Though hopefully you won't have to go through what I did ~_~ there was so little info on Oreshika so I had to dig everywhere for it and ended up spoiling a lot of the game for myself.

I could definitely use some help with banners and such, if you could lend a helping hand come August.

Hikami

I could definitely use some help with banners and such, if you could lend a helping hand come August.
No promises but sure, if I'm available I'll help out.
I have Photoshop certification but hardly use it for anything productive.. Doing some image editing stuff on gaf like the 52 games in a year thread thing, avatars, and now OTs helps me not get rusty.
speaking of which.. a bit off topic but I'd wish xseed would announce the Lord of Magna release date so I can get working on the OT already. ┐(´-`)┌

Shizuka

No promises but sure, if I'm available I'll help out.
I have Photoshop certification but hardly use it for anything productive.. Doing some image editing stuff on gaf like the 52 games in a year thread thing, avatars, and now OTs helps me not get rusty.
speaking of which.. a bit off topic but I'd wish xseed would announce the Lord of Magna release date so I can get working on the OT already. ┐(´-`)┌

Thanks, Hikami!

Regarding Lord of Magna, a good indicative would be the Amazon release date. Unless it's an exceptional case, it's always right within a month margin. XSEED announces release date close to the actual release, if you need time to prepare, take that into account.

Did Square-Enix ever mention whatever the fuck happened to FF Agito?

Because the Vita version of Seiken Densetsu Rise of Mana (it's the smartphone F2P game to those who don't know) will be releasing next month.

Not that I'm going to play either, but I'm intrigued due to how Squeenix said that they needed SCE(JA?)'s involvement.

Small edit: Rise of Mana also had development problems and was supposed to release last winter.

P.S. they're dropping (more) hints about Seiken Densetsu (5) on home consoles.

The Japanese vita version was supposed to be released in January, but they changed it to TBA.

Err... >______>

They said they're having problems, and thus the delay you're pointing out. <______<

I'm asking if they said anything else since mentioning the problems (which was mentioned late last year IIRC). >_____>

Err... >______>

They said they're having problems, and thus the delay you're pointing out. <______<

I'm asking if they said anything else since mentioning the problems (which was mentioned late last year IIRC). >_____>

Oh, I thought you were just asking in general. I don't believe they've said anything since then, no.

Top Bottom