• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | April 2015

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Also, if you're thinking about getting One Piece on Vita, and care about trophies, keep in mind that the multiplayer trophy is ad-hoc only. So, y'know, basically impossible to get for 99% of people in the West.

Tohsaka

Is UWR bad for gamplay reasons, performance reasons and/or story reasons? Just trying to figure out why people don't like it. I have no loyalty to or knowledge of the franchise.

I liked it, but someone who isn't a fan of the franchise wouldn't get as much enjoyment out of it.

Shizuka

ditto on that Pre-order recommendation

giphy.gif

SerTapTap

Yorbie: Payback's a Bolt had it's price reduced to $10 (if you're unaware it's a frankly mediocre R&C All 4 One style twinstick shooter). Dev's seeking feedback for an update as well in case anyone's played it and has any comments. $10 is definitely a more sensible price for the game, and I'm not one to bash a game for it's pricetag. The devs seem a bit in over their heads...

Also, if you're thinking about getting One Piece on Vita, and care about trophies, keep in mind that the multiplayer trophy is ad-hoc only. So, y'know, basically impossible to get for 99% of people in the West.

Sheesh. IS it something you can grind out by yourself? A fringe benefit of owning two Vitas or a Vita and a Vita TV is sometimes you can cheese multiplayer trophies by playing with yourself.

eFKac

Yorbie: Payback's a Bolt had it's price reduced to $10 (if you're unaware it's a frankly mediocre R&C All 4 One style twinstick shooter). Dev's seeking feedback for an update as well in case anyone's played it and has any comments. $10 is definitely a more sensible price for the game, and I'm not one to bash a game for it's pricetag. The devs seem a bit in over their heads...

Ehh shame to see a game bomb :-/
I was monitoring scores for the game on PS Store, and it's stuck at 4 since very close to launch and a 2/5 :-/
Also doesn't probably help that EU store has a mistake in the name - Yoribe...hope the dev knows it at least.

SerTapTap

Ehh shame to see a game bomb :-/
I was monitoring scores for the game on PS Store, and it's stuck at 4 since very close to launch and a 2/5 :-/
Also doesn't probably help that EU store has a mistake in the name - Yoribe...hope the dev knows it at least.

Oof, that's embarrassing and probably fairly significant...I've missed games before due to spelling issues. And yeah, it's not my favorite game but it sucks to see a game hit the stores like a bag of bricks. Launch is an unfortunately significant thing for games so I'm not sure how much the price drop will do. I do wish digital stores would start focusing on discovery methods beyond "latest" and a super braindead genre sort.

eFKac

Oof, that's embarrassing and probably fairly significant...I've missed games before due to spelling issues. And yeah, it's not my favorite game but it sucks to see a game hit the stores like a bag of bricks. Launch is an unfortunately significant thing for games so I'm not sure how much the price drop will do. I do wish digital stores would start focusing on discovery methods beyond "latest" and a super braindead genre sort.

Agreed on both points.

I actually think that instead of a price cut, they should have gone with it for the current Digital Sale, that would gain them some spotlight in that section, since I'm sure huge majority of people don't even know it exists.
Now it will be buried with all other games, with a month worth of games above it. Nobody will even notice the price cut.
Guess that's a price you have to pay for being on a hugely popular platform, big potential but also big competition.

Guys, I'm thinking about buying a couple of games of the sale. Can you give me advice on them, are they really good for Vita/PS3 ?

I'm thinking about:

Driver 76'
Manhunt 2 (Is it compatible with Vita? )
ToeJam & Earl
RetroCity Rampage DX

And I'm more or less convinced about these ones:

Max Payne 3
GTA LCS / CW
RDR: UN

autoduelist

Dynasty Warriors Next is the same way. That said, I had an absolute blast with DWN and don't regret it ... but ultimately you need to complete 4 coop missions within a strict time limit. Iirc two of them were achievable solo if you were absolutely perfect and got a little lucky... but the other two, due to map design are straight up impossible solo.

ad hoc trophies. grrrrr. worse than online trophies.

I liked it, but someone who isn't a fan of the franchise wouldn't get as much enjoyment out of it.

hmmm. okay. I guess I don't need to spend $9 on a game in that genre anyway right now when i don't know the franchise and already have Orochi 3 and DW8XLC on my vita.

Always sad to hear. You put your heart and soul into a game and then it sort of just.. disappears. And there's little to be done about it. If it's a dual stick shooter I'll look at some vids and maybe buy it sub $5.

It was a mistake putting 'episode 1' in the title imho. I never even looked at it due to that, assuming it was some serial game like TWD or whatever and i never even think of buying those till they're completely out.

EDIT - -just watched the gameplay reveal vid on youtube. actually looks decent. the environment is a bit bland but the mechanics at least look solid (dual stick shooter where you can jump out of harms way). i see the r&c influence though. sub $5 it is.

Hikami

So I'm like 6 hours into Tales of Xillia.. (this is my second Tales game, after Hearts R)

Liking it a lot, visuals are more impressive than Hearts R obviously, not too sure about the story yet.
The combat though.. (so far anyways) is a bit boring. Can't do crazy aerial combos and juggles like I could in ToHR. :(

Shizuka

This has been a slow month for Vita owners. The rush will return in May with Neptunia U, Moero Chronicle, Sword Art Online Lost Song and Steins;Gate, in June with Operation Abyss and J-Stars Victory Vs+, in July with Lost Dimension and Taiko V, in August with Dungeon Travelers 2, Neptunia Rebirth 3, One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 and Amnesia...

I think I've made my point.

This has been a slow month for Vita owners. The rush will return in May with Neptunia U, Moero Chronicle, Sword Art Online Lost Song and Steins;Gate, in June with Operation Abyss and J-Stars Victory Vs+, in July with Lost Dimension and Taiko V, in August with Dungeon Travelers 2, Neptunia Rebirth 3, One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 and Amnesia...

I dig the new avy.

Yeah, it's gonna be a great summer for the Vita. I hope to be done with Xenoblade before Operation Abyss, this game feels MASSIVE (and I'm loving it). Then some Atlus love with Lost Dimension and Dungeon Travelers to get me all prepped up for P4D and P5. Danganronpa should be out before those 2 also, so there's that to look forward to too.

ditto on that Pre-order recommendation
Baffles me that there's so many available still. I feel like the number of preorders was higher when I made mine a while back... Did people cancel? This LE looks like one of the most legit packages NISA has done to date too... I mean for me to ACTUALLY go out of my way and order it from their store, something that I have never done, it means a lot lol.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Summer is going to be weird.

I'll eventually buy Steins;Gate, in fact this might be my first and only day one Vita purchase. Pirate Warriors 3 and Day of the Tentacle when they are on sale. Maybe Operation Tokyo and Danganronpa not a VN edition.

The only Vita game I expect to between now and the end of September is Shinovi Versus when it goes on sale to promote SK2 (or earlier if its part of the Golden Week sale) and probably some other titles, depending on what prices they hit.

Summer is mainly going to be about SK2, Final Fantasy V, and getting some much needed backlog out of the way.

Chuy

All of which I will buy 6 months later because:

I hate being broke. :c
A mi tambien amigo :(

Vylash

gonna be a good Vita year, Neptunia U and Re;Birth 3, Grisaia, Steins;Gate, Danganronpa Another Episode...i guess that's it huh

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Vita is a pretty good system for those that are broke. You can routinely find good deals for the system used and my entire library is full of games that cost .80-16.00. Just got to be patient. It's not like the Vita has any must play multiplayer games that will die out in a month or two, it's a single player system by and large.

Massa

:eek:

April is a great month for Vita... Shovel Knight, Titan Souls, Broken Age... I need more time to play games, heh.

RK128

This flash sale is awesome :D! So many great games to chose from and at some solid prices (One Piece Adventure Red at 9 bucks? Sonic Unleashed for 8 bucks?! Generations for 12 bucks?!?) to boot.

But, I want to get Shovel Knight this week, so I limited my game buying to three games:
-Sonic Adventure
-The Warriors PSP
-Silent Hill Origins PSP

SA1 is a lot more bugger then I remember (though I think the PS3/360 version is reportedly buggy I think...) but it looks nice on my non-HD TV :). Also like how it maintains 60FPS much more frequently then the GC version; makes it feel better to play. One of the Sonic games that I really enjoy playing but can clearly see its flaws (same deal with Sonic Adventure 2, Sonic Heroes and Sonic Unleashed). Great buy for anyone new to the Sonic series and I highly recommend SA2 as well for it's 4$ price point; for 6 bucks you can walk away with dated but fun 3D platformers :).

Didn't play the Warriors or Silent Hill Origins yet, but I know the former got a lot of praise for the PS2 version (and Rockstar does a great job with their PSP games) and the latter is a true Silent Hill (not as good as the SH1-3 but still a good game :)).

Can't wait to give the PSP games a shot and I can't wait for Shovel Knight this week :D.

antibolo

Banned
Don't really care about Neptunia but this is a sweet looking theme (with music by Nobuo Uematsu? Holy shit).

Why can't we have nice themes here, instead we're flooded with garbage because SCEA and SCEE apparently have zero quality control when it comes to themes.

Yasumi

Banned
Totally ready for Umihara Kawase+ and Shovel Knight this week. Can't wait.
Don't really care about Neptunia but this is a sweet looking theme (with music by Nobuo Uematsu? Holy shit).

Why can't we have nice themes here, instead we're flooded with garbage because SCEA and SCEE apparently have zero quality control when it comes to themes.
I'd love if they actually brought it over and called it A Epic Nepnep or something like that. So many junk A Epic themes.

Prelude.

I dunno, this is how another mobile game from SE looks:
http://gematsu.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Mevius-Final-Fantasy_2015_03-27-15_005-280x498.jpg[IMG][IMG]http://gematsu.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Mevius-Final-Fantasy_2015_03-27-15_012-280x498.jpg[IMG]

And this is another(why SE doesn't port it? :( )
[IMG]http://gematsu.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/DETF-Announced.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Well, those are exceptions to the rule. Most of their 3d stuff looks like the DS remakes of FF3-4 running on an emulator.

Thieve

Neo Member
Woo, red Vita came, really glad I imported. Was surprised when no local stores had P4G though.

Also, well timed flash sale as well :D.

Shinriji

Enjoying my time with the 3DS. Playing a lot of demos (FF Curtain Call, MH4U, Project X Zone, Bravely Default, Gunvolt, etc).

About the system itself, it is really terrible. UI, loading, store, the friend list, downloading, saving, build quality and screen, everything is a disaster. Ergonomics sucks, trying playing a game that uses 2 buttons and R or L together and it's sore wrist time.

Graphics and performance is a mixed bag. The hardware is pretty weak. BUT it seems that some games can tap it's limits. Some of them like MH, Bravely and FFCC are beautiful, colorful and charming. But what is a differential here is the lack of loading times. I played a lot of different games, and the "now loading" screen is a rarity.

In the end, I can see why the system is popular. Have a lot of high profile, fun games, support from Nintendo (even if they killed the WiiU in the process). Won't ever buy one, but I will enjoy each second that I'm with it.

pm wilflare on this forum
he might be able to help you out

Huge thanks for this suggestion. Wilflare got in contact and managed to track down a copy of Oreshika for me. Can't wait to get started on it.

Totally ready for Umihara Kawase+ and Shovel Knight this week. Can't wait.

I'm looking forward to Umihara Kawase+ , I'll be grabbing the Japanese version just so I can get a retail release for my collection. Can't wait for Shovel Knight, already completed the 3DS version several times and really want it on the VIta. Vita. Any word on if it gets a platinum trophy?

AsfaeksBR

Wait, I remember reading that Westerado: Double Barreled was coming to the Vita this week.
It's Saturday and there's nothing in the store. Am I crazy, or was it delayed?

Zhao_Yun

To those who played Demon Gaze... would you rather recommend a Wizard or a Ranger for the backrow? My current party setup is Gazer/Paladin/Healer/Assassin and I just got enough money to afford a 5th room but I can't decide :(

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Two questions:
1)how is Alien Shooter on Vita?
2)the wifi of my modem is dead and i don't want to use the PS3(i don't have a PS4) to download things on Vita, is there any other way to download things on Vita?

Saphirax

To those who played Demon Gaze... would you rather recommend a Wizard or a Ranger for the backrow? My current party setup is Gazer/Paladin/Healer/Assassin and I just got enough money to afford a 5th room but I can't decide :(

I had the same party composition. I decided to go with the samurai as my last party member. However, later on I switched him for a Ranger. With proper skills, a ranger can dish out some good damage. Mine was underleveled compared to the rest of my party but his damage output wasn't bad at all. Wizards are more for utility than for damage. If you want more damage go with a Ranger.

I used a wizard. I like the archetype and mine seemed pretty useful once he got some gear and levels.

Top Bottom