• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | May 2016

ZeroAKA

K7AYese.png

The PlayStation Network Thread is a monthly discussion thread for everything related to PlayStation systems, with a focus on PSN games and updates.

JHNpXIO.png

May 3
  • Azkend 2 (Vita, PS4)
  • Battleborn (PS4)
  • Neverending Nightmares (Vita, PS4)
  • Ray Gigant (Vita)
May 10
  • Megatagmension Blanc + Neptune vs Zombies (Vita)
  • Uncharted 4 (PS4)
May 17
  • Homefront: The Revolution (PS4)
  • Shadow of the Beast (PS4)
  • Soft Body (PS4)
  • Valkyria Chronicles Remastered (PS4)
May 24
  • Dungeons 2 (PS4)
  • Overwatch (PS4)
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutants in Manhattan (PS4)
  • The Last Blade 2 (Vita, PS4)
May 31
  • Daydreamer Awakened Edition (PS4)
  • One Piece Burning Blood (Vita, PS4)
Check the PS Blog “Store Update” posts for full details on weekly releases and sales (NA/EU).
See a more comprehensive list of future releases at PSNStores.

qyRR4lM.png

Free games for PlayStation Plus subscribers this month:
  • Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 (PS3)
  • God of War: Ghost of Sparta (PSP, PS Vita)
  • LocoRoco Cocoreccho! (PS3)
  • Switch Galaxy Ultra (PS Vita, PS4)
  • Table Top Racing: World Tour (PS4)
  • Tropico 5 (PS4)

WQhwkXV.png

• There is now a VitaGAF community on PS4. Please message me, KB, or Kudo on GAF/Twitter/Line/PSN (AbstractChaos) with your GAF username and PSN ID at some point before or after you request an invite.
  • Quote to view and add yourself to the PSNGAF friend list (hidden behind email tags).
  • PM me to get an invite to the VitaGAF Line group.
Please post in this thread or PM me if you have any suggestions to improve this OP!

Overwatch HYPE

For the OP;
  • Azkend 2, Neverending Nightmares, and Ray Gigant release on May 3rd
  • Last Blade 2 hits on the 24th
  • Mirror's Edge delayed out of the month.

Also, to shame PSNGAF - the last thread was unbearably short. :(

ZeroAKA

For the OP;
  • Azkend 2, Neverending Nightmares, and Ray Gigant release on May 3rd
  • Last Blade 2 hits on the 24th
  • Mirror's Edge delayed out of the month.
Also, to shame PSNGAF - the last thread was unbearably short. :(
Thanks, updated.

A lot of people got banned last month in the Romancing SaGa thread. The Line group is still active though.

RK128

Happy early May!

April was a fun month for me starting the Mega Man Retrospective and for the Vita, we got some fantastic games released. Stuff like Axiom Verge and Severed were treats for the Vita and I hope everyone loved those games :D! My budget was tight so was not able to get either game, but hopeful by June, can start buying games again and catch up on the great Vita stuff released the past few months.

The Golden Week Sale (still running) is great for Vita owners too and highly recommend all the MM games on sale alongside Digimon and the Neptuina titles on sale; great prices for fun titles.

Lets all have a great May!

Regarding the thread being quiet, really haven't been playing newer games since January sadly :(. Hopeful this month I will have more stuff to contribute but by June I should be getting a PS4 and a number of Vita titles; will have a lot to comment on (plus E3 news too!).

incpdo

I'm probably getting last blade 2 . im a sucker for Japanese fighter games and also rurouni kenshin. Probably getting ray gigant but before I have to buy severed.

On Vita I still need to play Trillion, Aegis and Stranger. I think I'm good for now, sorry Ray Gigant.

PS4 gets only Valkyria Remastered and I'll rent UC4 if I can find it somewhere.

The calm before JRPG June.

Saphirax

Can't wait for Ray Gigant and Valkyria Chronicles. UC 4 I'll probably get when it goes on sale. Gotta save money for all the rpgs coming out :p.

So, anyone want to take bets on which'll be higher ranked on NPD?

Valkyria Chronicles vs Homefront.

Or hell, watch neither make it onto the Top 10. I mean, it'd be interesting to see a Valkyria game finally hit Top 10 on the NPD for once, but so far the series has a track record of not doing that.

Saphirax

So, anyone want to take bets on which'll be higher ranked on NPD?

Valkyria Chronicles vs Homefront.

Or hell, watch neither make it onto the Top 10. I mean, it'd be interesting to see a Valkyria game finally hit Top 10 on the NPD for once, but so far the series has a track record of not doing that.

At least VC is much cheaper. There doesn't seem to be a lot of buzz about Homefront.

VC charting would be nice though.

yaffi

EU or US sale? Both are pretty good.

I'm on a US account and looking at Vita games mainly.

I want to get games that don't have physical versions. So that pretty much leaves me with Ar nosurge, Digimon and Oreshika.

Oreshika doesn't do anything for me; looks pretty meh in gameplay videos. Digimon is still too expensive.

So it's Ar nosurge or nothing, I guess.

VLiberty

Not even a single Vita game I'm interested in this month, although it's understandable after an incredible April. And it's not like I managed to bought any of the game I wanted in April on Vita.

Hopefully we'll get Lumo and Attractio (where the heck is this one? should've released in feb on Vita)

Okay i have no idea whats going on.

Last night i pre ordered no mans sky with no problem. I try to pre order uncharted 4 not even 15 minutes after, gives me the credit card not valid bs.

Saphirax

Okay i have no idea whats going on.

Last night i pre ordered no mans sky with no problem. I try to pre order uncharted 4 not even 15 minutes after, gives me the credit card not valid bs.

Good ol' Sony. Try using the webstore (or your PS4 if you already did). If that doesn't work just wait 24 hours until trying again.

Kudo

Only Uncharted 4 for me this month.

Everyone should try out the Nioh Alpha Demo while it's out, 5 days left!
teflontactics, you are being featured in this video as gravestone https://youtu.be/HPmUPfN33a8?t=122 just found that funny as I recognized the name. 3:27 and he fights you too.

autoduelist

Do I Just need to download the Nioh demo or do I actually need to play it in the next 5 days too?

----------------

Hyperdimension question --

So... I own Rebirth 1&2 digitally. I think I also own the SPRG physical. I have never played even a second of these yet... should I just pick up Rebirth 3 and the Dynasty Warriors-ish one while they're on sale for $9? That seems like the lowest price these ever go to, I'm just curious if they're worth picking up. destructoid seemed to really like the DW one.

----------------

Is Hatoful Boyfriend a VN?

RK128

New thread! :D

Oh man why isn't shadow complex on vita too? :(

UE3 games have issues running on Vita sometimes, so I could imagine that is preventing a port of SC from landing on Vita. But the more realistic reason is that they just aren't interested in making a Vita version sadly :(.

Would love to play the game on my Vita.

RK128

Do I Just need to download the Nioh demo or do I actually need to play it in the next 5 days too?

----------------

So... I own Rebirth 1&2 digitally. I think I also own the SPRG physical. I have never played even a second of these yet... should I just pick up Rebirth 3 and the Dynasty Warriors-ish one while they're on sale for $9? That seems like the lowest price these ever go to, I'm just curious if they're worth picking up. destructoid seemed to really like the DW one.

----------------

If you enjoyed Rebirth 2, then get Rebirth 3 for sure. It has the stronger story compared to both titles, the gameplay feels the 'best' of the three and you will have a great time with the plot. It is really damn funny at points XD!

Never played Action Unleashed but for 9 bucks, you can't go wrong trying it out :). Would of gotten both of them during this sale but my budget is tight for getting games :(.

Hatoful Boyfriend (both games on sale) are VN titles, so if you enjoy that genre, give them a look.

Saphirax

----------------

----------------

You need to finish Nioh before the 5th.

HB is a VN, yes.

autoduelist

If you enjoyed Rebirth 2, then get Rebirth 3 for sure. It has the stronger story compared to both titles, the gameplay feels the 'best' of the three and you will have a great time with the plot. It is really damn funny at points XD!

Never played Action Unleashed but for 9 bucks, you can't go wrong trying it out :). Would of gotten both of them during this sale but my budget is tight for getting games :(.

Hatoful Boyfriend (both games on sale) are VN titles, so if you enjoy that genre, give them a look.

I haven't played -any- Hyperdimension games, that's the problem. I don't know if I should just complete my collection or not at $9 a pop. I guess I can wait given I have so many others to get through.

I'll skip HB if it's a VN, thanks!

Saphirax

To get the exclusive area? You need to download it and complete the first area. It'll prompt you to go to the store.

You don't need to complete the whole thing, just the first area (and beat the
ship
boss).

Oh, that's even better! Maybe I'll have enough time then.

I only played a little. Messing around with controls/stances and levelling up. Need to open that shortcut for faster levels :p.

Fighting the red grave people that you call back from the other side was a great help in figuring out how to play best. It's all about switching up your stance and/or using the right stance for the job, as well as using buffs and items.

My only complaint is that I really like the bow, but you can't buy arrows and have to farm them. :(

Speaking of Nioh, here's a little footage of my encounter with the first boss: https://youtu.be/MSIxRlaq95E

Saphirax

Fighting the red grave people that you call back from the other side was a great help in figuring out how to play best. It's all about switching up your stance and/or using the right stance for the job, as well as using buffs and items.

My only complaint is that I really like the bow, but you can't buy arrows and have to farm them. :(

Speaking of Nioh, here's a little footage of my encounter with the first boss: https://youtu.be/MSIxRlaq95E

You seem to like low stance. I have a preference for high. Perhaps too much preference :p.

And yeah, fighting dead players is fun and also frustrating from time to time. I wish the item to repair weapons dropped more often. Only found one so far.

You seem to like low stance. I have a preference for high. Perhaps too much preference :p.

And yeah, fighting dead players is fun and also frustrating from time to time. I wish the item to repair weapons dropped more often. Only found one so far.

It depends. On the boss I chose low stance because I've got it maxed out in my skill tree, but for regular enemies I prefer mid stance, and for the samurai looking guys I prefer high stance but I switch it up as they like to block.

I also use low stance for the things that come out of the grass as they're hard to hit otherwise.

Saphirax

It depends. On the boss I chose low stance because I've got it maxed out in my skill tree, but for regular enemies I prefer mid stance, and for the samurai looking guys I prefer high stance but I switch it up as they like to block.

I also use low stance for the things that come out of the grass as they're hard to hit otherwise.

Man, I really dislike low stance. Most of my skills are high with some mid. Don't have any issues with the grass shamblers/hoppers as you can usually hit them before they can get up. What level were you when you killed the boss?

Top Bottom