• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS3/PS4) | October 2014

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Should i be worried? Should i cancel it?

cancel what?

If its a thread you are talking about Id say dont try putting anything up until we get another official word. But am pretty sure for the most part they wouldnt junior you over it, just lock the thread most likely.

They only seem junior people over really bad threads as it does not contribute anything or is just something so off the wall that their posting powers need to be taken away for a while.

RalchAC

Oh yeah totally, if you guys got infrastructure from the start playing with friends should be a good time and make things easier! And allow you to mess more with weapons you want to experiment with. Also cant go wrong for 30 bucks and there will be a good amount of gameplay time to be had. Should keep the vita community who like co-op busy for a while.

Thanks!

I think I'm going to wait for a while. I may get it along with Tales of Hearts R for saving on the delivery. But I'm getting One Piece on my Vita so it may satiate me :)

The consolidation of the three consoles into this one thread makes it pretty much impossible to keep a topic for more than 4 posts.

Yep. It's worse for people that isn't into this thread "usual topics". A new dude may decide to talk 3-4 times about games/topics the usual posters don't really like / have much interest, so their post gets buried and ignored and they feel they're not part of the community here. That probably is one of the reasons why the original community from the Weekly PSN threads has vanished.

In the end, even if it wasn't on purpose the "big" community (VitaGAF) was one of the culprits why the smaller ones died.

jwk94

Story wise, do I need to finish Burst to enjoy Shinovi Versus?

Nah not really. You'll get more enjoyment out of Versus because you'll know where some of the characters are coming from and get some of the in-world stuff explained to you in greater detail but it's not necessary. I watched the anime (dont have a 3DS so I can't play Burst or SK2 =/ ) and I'm fine.

Parakeetman

Thanks!

I think I'm going to wait for a while. I may get it along with Tales of Hearts R for saving on the delivery. But I'm getting One Piece on my Vita so it may satiate me :)

Yep. It's worse for people that isn't into this thread "usual topics". A new dude may decide to talk 3-4 times about games/topics the usual posters don't really like / have much interest, so their post gets buried and ignored and they feel they're not part of the community here. That probably is one of the reasons why the original community from the Weekly PSN threads has vanished.

In the end, even if it wasn't on purpose the "big" community (VitaGAF) was one of the culprits why the smaller ones died.

Yep if anything else pops in your mind just ask and will see about answering.

Hellers

I go through periods where I really love my Vita. I'm in one at the moment. Upgraded from a 32gig to 64gig memory card last Friday. I'm currently playing Akiba's Trip, Conception 2, Symphony of the Night and Don't Die Mr Robot. I've got Grandia lined up for when I have a million hours free and I'm being sorely tempted by one of the Atelier games.

I would love us to have a dedicated VitaGAF community though. Isn't that what the Community sub forum is for? Couldn't we go there?

Parakeetman

I go through periods where I really love my Vita. I'm in one at the moment. Upgraded from a 32gig to 64gig memory card last Friday. I'm currently playing Akiba's Trip, Conception 2, Symphony of the Night and Don't Die Mr Robot. I've got Grandia lined up for when I have a million hours free and I'm being sorely tempted by one of the Atelier games.

I would love us to have a dedicated VitaGAF community though. Isn't that what the Community sub forum is for? Couldn't we go there?

if we dont get word back from 'management' i suppose it could be attempted. though lets wait and see a little more first.

Mods wouldn't allow it the last time we asked.

crazy that they wouldnt let one be made in the thread graveyard...

zeromcd73

I would love to know why though. It still confuses me. What harm is a new community thread doing?
I can't remember why, but they said something like not wanting any threads dedicated to just being about a single console regardless of it being Vita or 3DS or anything.

I really like the idea myself of having large community threads for each individual platform to post information in from a personal perspective :(

RalchAC

I will spoil my children when it comes to gaming. I'll probably be strict with everything else, though.

I'm 21, so who knows where gaming would be when I actually consider having children, but yes to this lol.

I'd limit their daily playtime and
force them to play Tearaway from start to finish lol

Those two things are obvious...

SerTapTap

Story wise, do I need to finish Burst to enjoy Shinovi Versus?

I don't think so, I only played a few missions of Burst before being bored to tears, and I've understood most of Versus. There's clearly a few things I missed, but there's enough backstory to not be completely lost and the story mostly stands on it's own + the included backstory. There's some missing character development, but it's pretty easy to understand everyone's personality as-is.

ZeroAKA

When was the last time someone asked a mod about it? I hear "last time" but I don't know how long it's been.
A few months ago, I think.

Are you guys really about to abandon me for a Vita community thread 5 days before the November PSN thread is supposed to go up? ;_;

Shizuka

I'm 21, so who knows where gaming would be when I actually consider having children, but yes to this lol.

I'd limit their daily playtime and
force them to play Tearaway from start to finish lol

Those two things are obvious...

Oh wow, Tearaway will probably be the first game I'll make them play, even if they don't understand what they're doing.

SerTapTap

A few months ago, I think.

Are you guys really about to abandon me for a Vita community thread 5 days before the November PSN thread is supposed to go up? ;_;

I don't fully understand the thread drama as I apparently joined GAF after it started, but if Vita is in a different thread from PS3/PS4 I'll be in both

Shizuka

Never. I'll still be here, I'd just talk less about the Vita. Maybe restrict myself to talking about sales and DD-only Vita games.

Considering the amount of consoles and games I own, I am pretty sure that my children won't have to suffer from a lack of games to play :p

Except that they probably won't want to play your games, they'll be "too old" for them, if that's ever a valid excuse.

AsfaeksBR

I spent $99.98 until now on PSN this month.
If I buy something about 4 hours before the store updates tomorrow, will the $ spent count for the "Spend $100, Get $15"?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I just got £20 back from Sony as part of the paypal top up promotion. But my wallet is maxed out from the £100 I put in there, and I need to redeem these vouchers by the end of November apparantly. But I don't have anything particular screaming at me to buy - any suggestions?

SerTapTap

I'd go on both threads.

And yeah, I'll probably spoil my children as well.

My children will drown in video games. No touching the disks until their old enough though. I also won't let them throw away cases like I did as a kid (though those NES/N64 style boxes were never really meant to be kept around like DVD cases)

If I buy something about 4 hours before the store updates tomorrow, will the $ spent count for the "Spend $100, Get $15"?

Worth a shot, get a premium avatar or something if nothing else, they're as low as 50 cents (or less? I think my Histoire one was 50)

delSai

I just got £20 back from Sony as part of the paypal top up promotion. But my wallet is maxed out from the £100 I put in there, and I need to redeem these vouchers by the end of November apparantly. But I don't have anything particular screaming at me to buy - any suggestions?
What consoles do you have? Ps3/4/Vita?

killatopak

Gold Member

PS+ Subscription.

They add up so it should be fine to spend on them unless you already have a few years invested.

ZeroAKA

It depends. Would you still do the PSN thread if a Vita comm thread existed?

I'd be in both threads anyway.
I would, as long as the number of posts don't drastically drop.

I would buy something today just to be safe.

Rogue Legacy and something cheap.

I too would go on both, except I would leave my Vita only discussions to the Vita thread, while here I would talk about the whole Sony ecosystem. I feel like it would be a good thing for those who just want me to shut it with all the Vita stuff :p we should really get a mod in here and ask him why we can't have a vita thread. A single read through the previous page and this one would be enough to see our point. Also, to get a clear answer as to, if we can't have one, why that is.

killatopak

Gold Member
I'm sure the mods are reading the thread. The one thing I'm not sure is if there really is a concrete reason why the merger happened or why it's still happening.

So far, the Nintendo Download thread which is basically the same as the PSN thread died when the merger happened to them. The only reason why we're still active is because we're all true bros and sistas.

They also mentioned a few months ago that they intend to merge the steam,gog and origin threads but it didn't really happen. So yeah, the merger thing kinda backfired or didn't get implemented across the board.

Tizoc

Just got buy an avatar now and that'd be enough.
It's what I did one time :V

redcrayon

To be fair, the mods probably imagined that there would be more PS3/PS4 chat in here, I understand that, it's a laudable goal to want to keep things welcoming and to avoid fanboy nonsense. That's cool, i'm totally on board with that. I just want to contribute to a friendly, on-topic discussion about the device I actually own.

The problem is that home console chat in here has been pretty much frightened off because of an already established Vita community and the PS4 being the subject of conversation virtually everywhere else, meaning that vitagaf just sets up in any haven where it's likely to get responses about the vita, rather than about the hot topic of PS4/XBO. It's also such a niche device that every nugget of news about every niche game barely seems worth making a thread about, so it all gets filed in here, whereas every nugget of PS4 info gets it's own thread due to a higher level of interest from people still making their minds up about which home console to buy. Why would you bother asking a Ps4 question in here when the odds are there are several dozen posters who would contribute to a fresh thread about the topic?

SerTapTap

To be fair, the mods probably imagined that there would be more PS3/PS4 chat in here, I understand that, it's a laudable goal to want to keep things welcoming and to avoid fanboy nonsense. That's cool, i'm totally on board with that. I just want to contribute to a friendly, on-topic discussion about the device I actually own.

The problem is that it's been pretty much frightened off because of an already established Vita community and the PS4 being the subject of conversation virtually everywhere else, meaning that vitagaf just sets up in any haven where it's likely to get responses about the vita, rather than about the hot topic of PS4/XBO. It's also such a niche device that every nugget of news about every niche game barely seems worth making a thread about, so it all gets filed in here, whereas every nugget of PS4 info gets it's own thread due to a higher level of interest. Why would you bother asking a Ps4 question in here when the odds are there are several dozen posters who would answer a fresh thread about the topic?

Pretty much, if I want to talk about a new PS4 game there's almost surely a thread for it. I'll mostly post in here if I want to ask about a somewhat older game that's on sale/I'm getting back into, or on some rare occasions an indie game that doesn't have any threads yet.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Poor Vita. The red headed stepchild of Neogaf :)
Well as far as I'm concerned that red headed stepchild has a way better personality than the real children of Neogaf. And gets better grades. And gives me better birthday presents. And lets me hug him more. And goes on more trips with me. The other kids are just ungrateful little shits that take their daddys support for granted. Daddy abandoned Vita but he's still standing.

Top Bottom