• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS3/PS4) | October 2014

Benedict

IMight be a smart idea to start using that library again with PS+; Dracula X Chronicles or UG&G might be a great PS+ game for the month :D).

With December, I think it might be winter themed, so who knows what we will get :D.

Neither work on Playstation Vita/TV here in EU so we won't see them part of Playstation Plus, now that SCEE& SCEA started having the same PS+ titles each month in both regions.

I wonder why they chose not to release Costume Quest 2 on Vita? Seems like a perfect fit for it.

Any word on further EU Halloween sales this week? I was hoping for a price drop on the first CQ prior to the sequel hitting.

Takao

Banned
Majesco, through their Midnight City label, are publishing Costume Quest 2. They've yet to release anything on Vita.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Been playing Battle Princess of Arcadias recently and I'm really wondering why this wasn't released on Vita. It's perfect for it. Stages rarely last more than 5 minutes or so. It's a perfect pick up and play game. Would have been great on Vita.

SerTapTap

Got back into TxK (on Vita TV this time) . IT seems like I can kill enemies "safely" even if they're on the same plane as me, but it's really tricky. What exactly do I need to do to kill enemies once they've reached the end of the line where my ship is?

Game looks and plays great even if it's slightly less of an acid trip without the OLED.

MQX

Really looking forward to GAF's impressions on Freedom Wars this week.

Me too. Was first hyped about this game. But when I've read the impressions about the Japanese version, I wasn't sure about this game :/.

Also. VitaGAF. The day has come. I've bought the 64GB memory card and it has been shipped yesterday. I chose for the cheapest shipping, so I have to wait 2-4 weeks :X. Can't wait for it(Finally!!! Now I can play Hatsune Miku, SSD, the Atelier games etc.(bought a lot of digital games :/)).

RK128

Me too. Was first hyped about this game. But when I've read the impressions about the Japanese version, I wasn't sure about this game :/.

Also. VitaGAF. The day has come. I've bought the 64GB memory card and it has been shipped yesterday. I chose for the cheapest shipping, so I have to wait 2-4 weeks :X. Can't wait for it(Finally!!! Now I can play Hatsune Miku, SSD, the Atelier games etc.(bought a lot of digital games :/)).

Congrats man :D! It will be amazing to hold all those games in one spot :').

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member

Yeah, I'm in the same boat regarding Freedom Wars. I'll wait for impressions first, and unless it gets grilled in the west I will probably get it since it looks like a solid game and it's pretty cheap.
And congrats on the 64GB card. It feels so good having everything in one place and that I won't have to worry about space in the foreseeable future. Totally worth it. But a bigger card would be welcome down the line.

Deadbeat

Banned
Is there any coupons or discounts that I could use to buy killzone mercenary on the ps store? I'm in a remote area and just want to get it digitally.

ecurbj

3YYaYjc.jpg

RK128

Is there any coupons or discounts that I could use to buy killzone mercenary on the ps store? I'm in a remote area and just want to get it digitally.

This wont help but the game was on a step sale early this year (got it for about....9 bucks), so it does go on sale sometimes :). Maybe you could by it used from a GameStop somewhere and use a X$ off coupon with any Rewards points you have.

Sorry I can't help you :(.

If you are in US, maybe you could sign up for PS Rewards and try to get some points; if you get 1000 you can get a 10$ PSN code (so the game being 30$ can convert to 20$).

Deadbeat

Banned
This wont help but the game was on a step sale early this year (got it for about....9 bucks), so it does go on sale sometimes :). Maybe you could by it used from a GameStop somewhere and use a X$ off coupon with any Rewards points you have.

Sorry I can't help you :(.

If you are in US, maybe you could sign up for PS Rewards and try to get some points; if you get 1000 you can get a 10$ PSN code (so the game being 30$ can convert to 20$).
The only local video game store doesn't have it used and I have no patience left. It's being bought today.

Unless there's someone selling download codes.

SerTapTap

No. But who knows if they'll ever change that.

It did on rare occasion back when it was a mess of randomly available games released at random intervals, I recall going in to the store a couple times and finding PS+ games I already had from +. Since going to the 2 games per platform thing I doubt they'll ever do it again, especially with how many games are free on day of release for PS4.

Repeating PS+ sorta goes against the whole philosophy of the thing though. The way free games work encourages you to check the store at least once a month and keeps the value of your sub eternally building. Too many repeats and you might feel a lot less reason to stick around, you can just pick those games up at a later cycle after all.

I thought you guys might get a kick out of this blast from the past. I was at Sears the other day and while I was browsing through their sad state of affairs that is an electronics section I noticed this on the rack:

It was actually kind of cool. Made of plastic that's about as thick as an actual credit card. I didn't see an expiration date, so it might actually work.

autoduelist

your post just further goes to show why your general opinions are to be taken into suspect. which usually is the case with those who do constant cheerleading.

Seriously? You're doubling down directly accusing me of this? Because I love a game you don't? I don't even have words for how distasteful and offensive I find that.

Got back into TxK (on Vita TV this time) . IT seems like I can kill enemies "safely" even if they're on the same plane as me, but it's really tricky. What exactly do I need to do to kill enemies once they've reached the end of the line where my ship is?

Game looks and plays great even if it's slightly less of an acid trip without the OLED.

Yes, you can 'lean' into neighboring zones to fire. Iirc you need to hold down the left trigger and use either the analog or dpad to lean instead of moving. You can also time them flipping into you, but the lean is easier. The left trigger also has some other nice side effects, like insta-stopping, etc.

I think you've been quite fair in explaining why you love it. As you say, to each their own, I've certainly loved games that were poorly received by many in the past.

I'm the same way about strat games, dungeon crawlers, roguelikes, etc. I basically grew up on PC strat games and have been playing them since SSI was king back in the 80s. I used to spend afternoons editing/replaying missions in games like Six Gun Shootout (essentially a wild west srpg).

Jesb

Does anyone know if I can buy a psn card from Canada and give it to someone in the U.S to use on their account?

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Does anyone know if I can buy a psn card from Canada and give it to someone in the U.S to use on their account?

Just tell said person to get a digital PSN code from amazon if they are a US citizen if you want to be sure both parties dont go wasting $$$.

The question here is the person you want to give the card to, is their account a US account or a Canadian account?

nyarla

Neo Member

Yeah, the tips of your claw, where bullets shoot out of, are invulnerable.. so you can shoot enemies that are on the rim by sort of gently easing towards them, making that pincer move 'into' them and so shooting them. Go a bit too far, too quickly, and the centre of your claw will hit the enemy though. The brake control (left trigger iirc?) is helpful with this too cos with that you can just sit still and push left/right to shoot the enemies as they come up to you - BUT even with this, depending on the exact alignment of your claw/the web/the enemy, the enemy could spin 'around' your bullet and come down right on you.

It's weird and seems a bit random but you'll get a feel for it with practice, and then it feels good because with some subtle stick nudging you can blast through seemingly impenetrable walls of baddies =)

Takao

Banned
Why did the ESRB have to rate LBP Vita: Marvel Edition? It's just the base game + Pre-existing DLC. I wasn't aware that was getting a branded North American release either.

PSN currency is country locked IIRC. You can't buy US dollars to put in a PSN account registered in Canada and vice versa.

Massa

Games usually work, but currency won't. You could add a US address to your Amazon.com account and then buy a US code from there.

SerTapTap

Yeah, the tips of your claw, where bullets shoot out of, are invulnerable.. so you can shoot enemies that are on the rim by sort of gently easing towards them, making that pincer move 'into' them and so shooting them. Go a bit too far, too quickly, and the centre of your claw will hit the enemy though. The brake control (left trigger iirc?) is helpful with this too cos with that you can just sit still and push left/right to shoot the enemies as they come up to you - BUT even with this, depending on the exact alignment of your claw/the web/the enemy, the enemy could spin 'around' your bullet and come down right on you.

It's weird and seems a bit random but you'll get a feel for it with practice, and then it feels good because with some subtle stick nudging you can blast through seemingly impenetrable walls of baddies =)

I had no idea there was a brake button. I was just waggling myself towards and away from the enemies to get them as close as possible to my shots but as far away from me as possible. Which it seems is basically the idea.

Great game but I didn't expect it to be so long! Exhausted and only at level 36, it's not too generous with trophies either. Not sure I'll make it to 100.

Wynnebeck

Banned
$33 to spend for $100. What get and please don't recommend ridiculously niche stuff you know the only person who would play it is ohlawd.

Top Bottom