• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS3/PS4) | October 2014

Patches aren't region locked IIRC, press the refresh button and see if it pops up.

I know I've patched games that aren't the same region as my console, but perhaps it's on a game-by-game basis? I can't remember if I had to do anything special.

**TOTP Buy all the classic RPGs you can store.

Garraboa

I know I've patched games that aren't the same region as my console, but perhaps it's on a game-by-game basis? I can't remember if I had to do anything special.

I'm waiting for a good sale on Breath Of Fire IV and Sayuki.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!

No patches should not be locked by region. From what I understand with a convo with a person whos familiar with the system is patches is on a different type of database from like DLC for example which is account region specific. Though patches on the other hand should not be.

killatopak

Hold your finger on the icon, check the game info, and see if there's an update history there. You might've DL'd it automatically at some point if you have auto updates enabled.

Woah, you're right. Didn't update but the game was already updated. 1.02 on the Vita.
Really want to buy DLCs though. Damn region locking dlcs...

Shizuka

God Eater 2: Rage Burst will launch for PlayStation 4 and PS Vita on February 19 in Japan, Bandai Namco announced.

The game will cost 6,640 yen on PlayStation 4 and 5,690 yen on PS Vita across both retail and download.

God Eater 2: Rage Burst God Eater 2: Rage Burst

Pre-orders include a product code for a mission to battle the exclusive Aragami “Orochi” (silhouette pictured above).

A “LaLaBit Market Special Edition” will include a God Eater 2-themed original headset. This will cost 10,640 yen on PlayStation 4 and 9,690 yen on PS Vita.

Versions of the game including PlayStation 4, PS Vita, and PlayStation TV hardware is also planned. Each model will have an original laser engraving and be sold exclusively via the Sony Store.

From December 3 to February 4, the PS Vita version of the original God Eater 2 will be free for PlayStation Plus subscribers.

Source: Gematsu.

The bolded doesn't make a whole lot of sense if you ask me.

No patches should not be locked by region. From what I understand with a convo with a person whos familiar with the system is patches is on a different type of database from like DLC for example which is account region specific. Though patches on the other hand should not be.

Huh. That's interesting. Good to know in future. I do wonder if that applies to really big content patches or if it's just smaller stuff. Has there been any major content patch for a vita game that wasn't paid?

Parakeetman

Woah, you're right. Didn't update but the game was already updated. 1.02 on the Vita.
Really want to buy DLCs though. Damn region locking dlcs...

That is due to content rating and such. Among other things business related. Dont think it will be changing any time soon unfortunately.

Huh. That's interesting. Good to know in future. I do wonder if that applies to really big content patches or if it's just smaller stuff. Has there been any major content patch for a vita game that wasn't paid?

Yes Sword Art Online Hollow Fragment the large content update was considered an actual patch rather than like DLC I recall folks saying in the OT on the game. Its quite possibly one of the largest patches that is an actual massive content update fixes and changes.

Makes perfect sense to me. Gives people the chance to play the original GE2 if they decide to do so. Then from there they can decide if they want the vita version or get the PS4 version.

Once the reservations for that headset edition go live might look into getting it depending on design / quality.

That is due to content rating and such. Among other things business related. Dont think it will be changing any time soon unfortunately.

Yes Sword Art Online Hollow Fragment the large content update was considered an actual patch rather than like DLC I recall folks saying in the OT on the game. Its quite possibly one of the largest patches that is an actual massive content update fixes and changes.

Well there you go. Good to know.

Parakeetman

Well there you go. Good to know.

Since I have the JP version it was an update for me not DLC, though was unsure about folks who for example bought the Asian version though were playing off of a US account and seems like they were able to update just fine.

Parakeetman

Really looking forward to GAF's impressions on Freedom Wars this week.

I forgot to check the Western release so it will actually have infrastructure patched in from the start right?

Since if so am sure folks will enjoy it a lot more than having to run it solo.

Christian

Anyone have any opinions on Shinobido 2? I've heard scattered positive and negative impressions, but I'm really interested in a new Tenchu-like experience, and trophies to obtain make it an even better prospect. I got it from Amazon, but before I open it, I want to make sure it's worth the $30. Any thoughts at all are greatly appreciated.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Just letting everybody know Im doing a giveaway for retail copies of Senran Kagura and Bayonetta 2!.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=135871405#post135871405
I almost lost this! Thanks! XD

Thanks for the answers guys! I've decided for a Vita. I'll grab a new one this week. What about PS+? Is it worth it for the Vita alone?
Good choice, you can't go wrong with either anyway.
Get the PS+ and remember to "buy" all the games the instant game collection offers, not only the Vita ones, but also the PS3 and Ps4 ones!

ryseing

Cambridge and Killzone Mercs. Put two new maps into the game.

Takao

Banned

baekshi gonna scold you cause someone hasn't played soul sacrifice

ecurbj

Any idea if D3 Publisher would localize this for U.S. release? I remember playing a little bit of the first one on the original PSP. But it wasn't my copy but it belonged to my cousin so I couldn't really play it fully.

ZeroAKA

But most of the dlc needed to be downloaded from store for vanilla and online pass was required to enable dlc in delta. So no SS does not count.
It did have a good amount of patched content even without all of the free DLC. The last patch with Odin and the Kat costume comes to mind.

SAO Hollow Fragment also got a huge content patch.

ryseing

What the heck is it even saying, I've never seen anything like that lol.

After watching some co-op gameplay, as well as some PvP footage, I am even more stocked for Freedom Wars than ever. Getting this digitally, with this type of games I would rather have them on my system at all times, without having to swap carts.

I would like to see a show of hands (or rather posts) of those who will be getting this. :p I don't know whether people are actually going to get this game, or if everyone is just quiet. I feel like every Vita owner should buy it, as a way of telling Sony that we want more Sony games on the Vita.

A demo would have pushed me over the edge. Too much other stuff coming to risk $30 on a new IP that got shit/mediocre reviews in Japan.

antibolo

Banned
The fact that Freedom Wars starts at only $30 despite being a full retail release shows how little confidence Sony has in this game being even mildly successful here.

Parakeetman

The fact that Freedom Wars starts at only $30 despite being a full retail release shows how little confidence Sony has in this game being even mildly successful here.

Its more that with how much bitching and moaning the west does esp when it comes to the vita that dropping the price would get more to pick it up at launch than if it was 60 USD.

That no doubt is the real reason behind the low price point.

How they managed to cut down on costs which allowed for that was by not doing the English voices hence why the game is subtitled only.

With a low price point like that will most def be easier for the game to spread by word of mouth.

delSai

My Ps3 works again. Thank god, i can play more Jojo.

Is there any God Eater 2 Ps4 Version coming out that has English Text? I need this Game lol
And Ps Plus Games will be revealed Wednesday, correct?

Parakeetman

Don't all Sony games have a 10$ off price tag, I feel like it's nothing like what you just said lol.

Not exactly. But I can see what they did from a business perspective and personally its the best move they could do with the current situation on the ground laid out in front of them.

Is there any God Eater 2 Ps4 Version coming out that has English Text? I need this Game lol
And Ps Plus Games will be revealed Wednesday, correct?

The JP game isnt even out yet, so dont expect any news on that right away. If anything you might hear of a "Asian" version announcement first for GE2 RB.

Not exactly. But I can see what they did from a business perspective and personally its the best move they could do with the current situation on the ground laid out in front of them.

The JP game isnt even out yet, so dont expect any news on that right away. If anything you might hear of a "Asian" version announcement first for GE2 RB.

I say this looking at recent titles put out by Sony. Driveclub was the most recent one at 49.99 I believe. There was also Puppeteer which released at a lower price, and there were more but I can't name them all off the top of my head.

It makes sense in a business perspective like you said, and Nick said the same on podcast beyond, to reach to a wider audience. Those who own a Vita, and potential future owners as well.

Parakeetman

I say this looking at recent titles put out by Sony. Driveclub was the most recent one at 49.99 I believe. There was also Puppeteer which released at a lower price, and there were more but I can't name them all off the top of my head.

It makes sense in a business perspective like you said, and Nick said the same on podcast beyond, to reach to a wider audience. Those o
Who own a Vita, and potential future owners as well.

The thing is neither of those titles are "localized" titles really. Which is what makes this a bit more of a risk for them, but it has to be done considering the stigma the platform has against it.

The thing is neither of those titles are "localized" titles really. Which is what makes this a bit more of a risk for them, but it has to be done considering the stigma the platform has against it.

I remember Nick saying Sony isn't necessarily looking for any particular numbers out of this game, but not in a bad way. The vita exists and it has a dedicated user base that buys games. Of course, more effort should be put on the Vita from Sony's side, the support for the system is barely inexistent there, save for third parties and indies keeping the flame of the system ignited. Their opportunity to sell a bunch of Vita's came with remote play. But the fact that they are using the PS4 to market what is a fine piece of technology saddens me greatly.

SerTapTap

Just Unfinished Swan for me this week I think. Love the idea of Costume Quest but I don't really feel like playing another. Combat was frequent yet barebones.

RK128

Any hints for PS+ games in December?

It is a bit to early for that sadly :l. I think that will be the month where the PS4 will start getting retail games; I think the first one might be Killzone or Knack + two indie games (as a Christmas present from Sony in a way :D).

As for November, we all know Bending of Issac Rebirth is going to be one of the 'free' games for the month (with it most likely being one of the PS4 games), so maybe we might get.......Lone Survivor and something else for PS4, Resident Evil 6 and something else for PS3 and two Vita games (with one of them being a PSP game? Might be a smart idea to start using that library again with PS+; Dracula X Chronicles or UG&G might be a great PS+ game for the month :D).

With December, I think it might be winter themed, so who knows what we will get :D.

Regarding about what I've been playing, really glad I gave FFIX a shot, its great so far :D. The story is just too good (love the set up; you are set to kidnap a princess....but she WANTS to get kidnapped?!), the visuals hold up really well and the characters I like more then the cast form FFVII (though I really have to play more of that....). Glad I listened to gaf on picking FFIX and VII up, seem to be great jumping points to the series :).

Otherwise....I haven't been playing much :l. I got a lot of great games lately (MGS, Silent Hill, Castlevanna:SoTN, ect) but didn't give them that much play time; guess college has eaten up a lot of time I used for gaming XD.

It is a bit to early for that sadly :l. I think that will be the month where the PS4 will start getting retail games; I think the first one might be Killzone or Knack + two indie games (as a Christmas present from Sony in a way :D).

As for November, we all know Bending of Issac Rebirth is going to be one of the 'free' games for the month (with it most likely being one of the PS4 games), so maybe we might get.......Lone Survivor and something else for PS4, Resident Evil 6 and something else for PS3 and two Vita games (with one of them being a PSP game? Might be a smart idea to start using that library again with PS+; Dracula X Chronicles or UG&G might be a great PS+ game for the month :D).

Lone Survivor was already on Plus, so I doubt they'd do it again for Ps4.

Top Bottom