• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS3/PS4) | October 2014

Tizoc

1. Yes.
2. Everything. I'm not picky unless its super obscure.
3. Yes.

Hmmm off the top of my head
Grab Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles the moment the Plus discount is on it this Tuesday.
If you want more Castlevania get Castlevania Chronicles which is a remake of Castlevania 1.

Keep in mind that the older Castlevanias need to be approach differently; don't rush them and take your time, learn enemy patterns and you'll be able to finish stages with ease.

Get No heroes allowed for $10 if you like Match-3 games, I spent 3+ Hours during one session of it.

Get Ys: Oath in Felghana if you want a game where the combat that makes you feel and go like this-
tumblr_my4wu4FJEA1t6g8x0o1_500.gif
and this
star-platnium-ora-ora-ora-o.gif
and this
tumblr_m67a75fz0a1qc5f4ro1_400.gif

Combined.

If you want a fast paced arcade racing game, Burnout Legends is transf. from PS3 to Vita. Runs fine, graphics are passable, althought the soundtrack can get boring.
Non the less it's a fun game with lots to do in it.

If you like shoot'em-ups, here are some non-bullet hells
Sonic Wings Special
Gradius Collection (PS3 transf.)
Shienryu
ZANAC X ZANAC
Super Star Soldier
Mobile Light Force FEATURING MILF 2000!

If you want some classic 2D action games there's Megaman X4 and Strider 1+2 PSX classics.

That's it off the top of my head atm @_@

Joeku

I have to spend slightly over $30 on the PS4 to qualify for that $15 back. No idea what to get.

Spending that first $70 with confidence might have been a bad idea.

killatopak

Gold Member
My giveaway ends tomorrow at 5 PST.

if you havent entered yet, DO IT NOW! DO IT ENTER IT! WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR!?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=919069
I'm waiting to live in NA so I could join.
A new Vita port was announced for the Vita. It's a game from the Demon Gaze team.

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/10/26/demon-gazes-latest-drpg-crawls-vita-january-2015/

Didn't we ask for this a few months ago really badly? This is probably something amazing especially since Demon Gaze devs made it.

Tizoc

I have to spend slightly over $30 on the PS4 to qualify for that $15 back. No idea what to get.

Spending that first $70 with confidence might have been a bad idea.

...wait Strider was a Plus freebie....
Let me check the US Store and get back to you.

Joeku

...wait Strider was a Plus freebie....
Let me check the US Store and get back to you.

It was. Like I see a bunch of these cheaper games I'd get but then I realize I own then through PS+ already.

EDIT: Digging, I found that I do not yet own CounterSpy, Fibbage, or Infamous: First Light. Guess that solves that.

Also, Hotline Miami seems to be free on PS4. Not sure why.

incpdo

Ok Vitagaffers i need help. I have 30 dollars left in my account. I own around 250 games aprox. between PSN, PSM, PsVita(retail), PsP and PsOne games.
I have a 32 gig card and it is almost full.
I need to know how much large in size Freedom Wars is. is this game priced 29.99? when will i be able to buy it on NA?
I have already Soul Sacrifice Delta. Am i getting the same game reskinned?(im aware is another company the creator of the game)
How good is Freedom Wars single player mode?
Im interested in getting the game to play single player so.

Tizoc

It was. Like I see a bunch of these cheaper games I'd get but then I realize I own then through PS+ already.

EDIT: Digging, I found that I do not yet own CounterSpy, Fibbage, or Infamous: First Light. Guess that solves that.

Also, Hotline Miami seems to be free on PS4. Not sure why.

Hotline Miami was a plus freebie for PS3+Vita. Since it is corssbuy with the other 2 versions, its free for PS4 owners.
Do you have Escape Goat 2? That's a well regarded puzzle game if you're into that genre.

Peggle 2 gets my vote too, and Legend of Korra is a decent action game for $15, although its a game that really shines once you start your 2nd playthrough.
Nidhogg is still discounted for Plus members and is a crazy fun couch game.

If you want a good stealth game, give Styx a chance, it got good reception here on GAF.

If you're into jRPGs there's Pier Solar too.

killatopak

Gold Member
Ok Vitagaffers i need help. I have 30 dollars left in my account. I own around 250 games aprox. between PSN, PSM, PsVita(retail), PsP and PsOne games.
I need to know how much large in size Freedom Wars is. is this game priced 29.99? when will i be able to buy it on NA?
I have already Soul Sacrifice Delta. Am i getting the same game reskinned?(im aware is another company the creator of the game)

1.45GB
Priced $30
Not a reskin. Vertical movement already makes that moot.
Not sure if SP is good since I haven't played it yet.

1700mB with latest updates in Japan.

If you ask me, I wouldn't recommend Freedom Wars as a single player game.

Far from a reskinned game. Though if I was asked if I want a Soul Sacrifice in another worldview, I'd be joyed.

incpdo

1.45GB
Priced $30
Not a reskin. Vertical movement already makes that moot.
Not sure if SP is good since I haven't played it yet.

1700mB with latest updates in Japan.

If you ask me, I wouldn't recommend Freedom Wars as a single player game.

Far from a reskinned game. Though if I was asked if I want a Soul Sacrifice in another worldview, I'd be joyed.

Thanks guys! , so , size wise is a nice game considering those graphics, which i think are great.
gameplay wise seems interesting. I wonder if it has like God Eater a nice single player and story. I dont like Hollow games like Monster Hunter(i know has a "story" but is horrible).
Im almost convinced to buy Freedom Wars , is there any of the asian-gaf community here that has played the game?
There is one thing that is bothering me, enemies, im seeing some walktroughts but all i see is the same enemy over and over again , and if the enemy is different , doesnt change much from the previous one. maybe its me but im getting the feeling is a repetitive game.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Thanks guys! , so , size wise is a nice game considering those graphics, which i think are great.
gameplay wise seems interesting. I wonder if it has like God Eater a nice single player and story. I dont like Hollow games like Monster Hunter(i know has a "story" but is horrible).
Im almost convinced to buy Freedom Wars , is there any of the asian-gaf community here that has played the game?
There is one thing that is bothering me, enemies, im seeing some walktroughts but all i see is the same enemy over and over again , and if the enemy is different , doesnt change much from the previous one. maybe its me but im getting the feeling is a repetitive game.

lol monster hunter never was about a story and gameplay mechanics wise its still the most finely crafted title in the genre, but this is of course all due to many years of evolving. If you are trying to play a MH title for a story, then you most def are doing it wrong :)

its basically the same enemy for the most part with some changes to it, asides from the 3 other unique (non-skeleton) type of abductors.

Valkyria

Banned
I'm growing really tired of the console warz atmosphere that is impregnating GAF lately. Do you guys now a good web that does not only review the latest releases and just talks about hidden games on previous gens or maybe a forum alike.

I want to escape from the PS4 Vs Xbone as much as I can.

incpdo

lol monster hunter never was about a story and gameplay mechanics wise its still the most finely crafted title in the genre, but this is of course all due to many years of evolving. If you are trying to play a MH title for a story, then you most def are doing it wrong :)

its basically the same enemy for the most part with some changes to it, asides from the 3 other unique (non-skeleton) type of abductors.

im not trying to play Monster Hunter for the story. Monster Hunter bored me to death, But for example Soul Sacrifice Delta is really entertaining me and is because i need both story and gameplay in this type of games. I admire the people that play it without caring about the main objective.IDK maybe is just me. Monster Hunter is the same game in every single edition(for me at least), i have tried Monster hunter Freedom , 2g, 3g etc and i find them great in the visual department but hollow in some aspects that are important for me(story is one for example)
Even when is not a perfect game , God eater burst was really fun,And i was hoping Freedom Wars has this kind of single player campaign.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
God Eater 2 Burst Ps4 and Vita screens here
http://www.allgamesbeta.com/2014/10/god-eater-2-rage-burst-screenshots.html

Does PS+ repeat games?
IIRC there was an indie that came first on a platform then on another...

A new Vita port was announced for the Vita. It's a game from the Demon Gaze team.

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/10/26/demon-gazes-latest-drpg-crawls-vita-january-2015/
Not a new game, but it's good to see a release date, obviously i hope it will be localized soon.

killatopak

Gold Member
I'm growing really tired of the console warz atmosphere that is impregnating GAF lately. Do you guys now a good web that does not only review the latest releases and just talks about hidden games on previous gens or maybe a forum alike.

I want to escape from the PS4 Vs Xbone as much as I can.

Hmmm...

I would advise you to go to a console specific website like thevitalounge or some pure xbox forums where they only talk about vita/xbox for example. That would help you steer clear of console/handheld wars.

Gaf being a culmination of all consoles means that there's inevitably something like console warz happening especially when we are all enthusiasts who love our machines.

Parakeetman

im not trying to play Monster Hunter for the story. Monster Hunter bored me to death, But for example Soul Sacrifice Delta is really entertaining me and is because i need both story and gameplay in this type of games. I admire the people that play it without caring about the main objective.IDK maybe is just me. Monster Hunter is the same game in every single edition(for me at least), i have tried Monster hunter Freedom , 2g, 3g etc and i find them great in the visual department but hollow in some aspects that are important for me(story is one for example)
Even when is not a perfect game , God eater burst was really fun,And i was hoping Freedom Wars has this kind of single player campaign.

Its not the campaign is a mess both story wise and design with how its progressed. *comment on end game but not plot wise.
Lets not even get into the whole part that the story isnt even finished which screams expansion.

I really dont get how they screwed it up so bad when they did a good job with God Eater.

Its insane too considering the good cast they had, but the whole flow of the game single player wise is pretty bad. It really screams someone was in charge who did not know what they were doing design wise. Esp all the pointless running or warping around you need to do to advance the story.

Right now for the most part the amusing games that have a progressive story that doesnt have irritating design choices getting in the way would be God Eater and Soul Sacrifice. Toukiden still is lacking a little bit with how it does the scenes, so makes the player feel disconnected, although the fact that all the characters have voices and personalities does help a lot. Think the next Toukiden title will be must better story wise, since it was a decent attempt for a first title.

Freedom Wars they really could have had something good if they took more time to actually think things out. One of the other worst aspects is how half assed the clothing / decal system is. Since a lot of the hair models dont jive well with the head pieces or hair for example which causes at times outfits which should match together dont depending on your character. :/ Bad there too considering the stylish design they went for, but disappointing if there is heavy clipping with the models. The decals the way they are all preset locations just makes for bad placement. At times others do not even line up correctly. I have a TON of the extra DLC content ones too. Its a damned shame they just didnt allow for free form placement to some aspect. Due to seriously all of the pre-set locations are terrible.

Gameplay wise if the west has infrastructure from the start most def folks will at least have a good time with that. Since its far easier to play with others than having to rely on the AI which works, though you need to mess with the commands on occasion and there are small things the AI will get hung up on causing some issues at times. Also other mission types while soloable its far easier to do with actual human teammates. Such as the point capture and hold ones. Thankfully those are pretty rare in the SP portion of the story. Only 2 maybe dont remember exactly.

From there everything else is just collecting weapons and ripping them apart to upgrade your existing ones. Though the upgrade system is a bit of a pain in the ass as there is some randomization thrown in. But if you guys will be getting the latest patch later on, there is a new system added which helps remove unwanted modules from your weapon. Though will cost points.

RalchAC

Reading that relaxing games thread and installing Tearaway's theme made me feel the urge to get it on my memory card. Hoping for a really nice sale this Christmas.

Its not the campaign is a mess both story wise and design with how its progressed. *comment on end game but not plot wise.
Lets not even get into the whole part that the story isnt even finished which screams expansion.

I really dont get how they screwed it up so bad when they did a good job with God Eater.

Its insane too considering the good cast they had, but the whole flow of the game single player wise is pretty bad. It really screams someone was in charge who did not know what they were doing design wise. Esp all the pointless running or warping around you need to do to advance the story.

The game is already at 23€ on Amazon.es so it's hard to pass on that. Even if the game screams expansion for that price at retail (trading it when finished) I could get many hours of enjoyment finely.

The Expansion would probably be Ps4/Vita though. Which isn't a bad thing.

Dommel

For some reason I can't pre-order GTA V on the store or on the website. On the PS4 I get error E-82000113 (cannot be bought at this moment) and on the website it says I don't have to right to buy or download this content.

The only thing I can think of is that there's no actual credit in my wallet and something goes wrong when it tries to charge my card?

I checked my cc details which are fine, made sure by buying some small DLC item.

This is on a EU account and I'm trying to buy it from the Belgium store (my default).

Parakeetman

Reading that relaxing games thread and installing Tearaway's theme made me feel the urge to get it on my memory card. Hoping for a really nice sale this Christmas.

The game is already at 23€ on Amazon.es so it's hard to pass on that. Even if the game screams expansion for that price at retail (trading it when finished) I could get many hours of enjoyment finely.

The Expansion would probably be Ps4/Vita though. Which isn't a bad thing.

The game needs a serious overhaul though. Esp with the horrible animations they used during the cutscenes. Since I swear to god some of that stuff is like pre-canned animations and not done by hand.

Asides from that what the game just needs is way way more large enemy types. As its highly lacking. The various maps are fine as is and for the most part well designed to work with the Ibara system, but the lack of enemies is a huge let down.

Also weapon balance and totally reworking the terrible useless melee system as the animations just do not jive with how the enemies act in the game which makes it for the most part suicide to use melee weapons on the large abductors unless they are knocked down and stunned, but if that happens you might as well be sawing off something or focusing fire on a specific location. There are too many unnecessary motions in the melee attack animations which leaves the player open, not to mention the damage output just is not there for the amount of risk involved with getting close.

The ibara system along with the standard dodge isnt fine tuned / responsive enough to allow for last second saves and such which makes melee combat type of play not as viable. Unlike in God Eater where both ranged and melee work perfectly fine on their own and have their purposes. This game will most def more force you to use ranged weaponry.

Will be a lot easier to coordinate things with friends and the game does give itself for co-op play pretty well. Most amusing thing you will be doing with the thorn is dragging down enemies :D At least now you guys also "shouldnt" be getting shot from when the enemy is facing the opposite direction of you. Was always fun when the enemy AI had sniper rifles and did that...

I think they fixed the thing too where you could constantly create and sell stuff and get a ton of points helping shave your sentence way down. Or its been rebalanced so its no longer really viable. It was tedious as hell to do though.

Valkyria

Banned
Racketboy?
Thanks, it's a great web, but I never entered the forums.
Hmmm...

I would advise you to go to a console specific website like thevitalounge or some pure xbox forums where they only talk about vita/xbox for example. That would help you steer clear of console/handheld wars.

Gaf being a culmination of all consoles means that there's inevitably something like console warz happening especially when we are all enthusiasts who love our machines.

That's true, but I do not know many communities like that, that are lively. I'll check Vitalounge.

Parakeetman

That's true, but I do not know many communities like that, that are lively. I'll check Vitalounge.

Its too bad the mods dont seem to want to let us have an actual Vita community thread like what we used to have. Since info gets way too mixed up here and PSN should be just well PSN as the Vita community here is large enough for its own thread.

About 90% of the peeps here are essentially VitaGAF too lol. Seems so counter intuitive, I feel bad for those who don't have a Vita and have to put up with our lengthy discussions on the system.

RalchAC

Its too bad the mods dont seem to want to let us have an actual Vita community thread like what we used to have. Since info gets way too mixed up here and PSN should be just well PSN as the Vita community here is large enough for its own thread.

Yeah. It's a big problem for everyone. The old weekly PSN thread community has kind of died. PS+ still has its own thread which imo makes no sense and people still make sales threads because those will get buried here.

Since the Vita community isn't that big you won't see OTs lasting as long as in other platforms. And since the userbase is kind of small too a monthly "metathread" won't be that big (I'm sure it would have less pages than a Destiny Ot lol). They could fuse Vita and PSTV in the same thread since they are essentially the same thing.

And instead of having a new thread for each new sale, they could make weekly "PSN Update and (whatever name) Sale Thread". Where you could see whatever has happened each week easily.

Thanks for the info Parakeetman, you're as nice as ever. Do you think the game is worth for that money all things considered?

ZeroAKA

And instead of having a new thread for each new sale, they could make weekly "PSN Update and (whatever name) Sale Thread". Where you could see whatever has happened each week easily.
That's exactly what the old PSN threads used to be before the mods decided to change it to a monthly format.

Shizuka

They changed what didn't need changing, IMO. It's done now, it's not our fault that we talk about Vita stuff when they were the ones that decided to merge the two topics.

Parakeetman

Yeah. It's a big problem for everyone. The old weekly PSN thread community has kind of died. PS+ still has its own thread which imo makes no sense and people still make sales threads because those will get buried here.

Since the Vita community isn't that big you won't see OTs lasting as long as in other platforms. And since the userbase is kind of small too a monthly "metathread" won't be that big (I'm sure it would have less pages than a Destiny Ot lol). They could fuse Vita and PSTV in the same thread since they are essentially the same thing.

Thanks for the info Parakeetman, you're as nice as ever. Do you think the game is worth for that money all things considered?

Oh yeah totally, if you guys got infrastructure from the start playing with friends should be a good time and make things easier! And allow you to mess more with weapons you want to experiment with. Also cant go wrong for 30 bucks and there will be a good amount of gameplay time to be had. Should keep the vita community who like co-op busy for a while.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
There's no point discussing the way the thread is now, it's not like mods asked for our opinion when they decided to change it, if you remember it they warned us few hours before the change, usually when there are changes mods stick an informative thread days or weeks before the change, we got none of that.

We should widen the Vita domain making everyone come to the dark side of Vita, then we'll rename "Neogaf" in "Vitagaf" and our revenge will be done! MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.
Evil-Spongebob-Squarepants-Laugh-Reaction-Gif.gif

Parakeetman

About 90% of the peeps here are essentially VitaGAF too lol. Seems so counter intuitive, I feel bad for those who don't have a Vita and have to put up with our lengthy discussions on the system.

Exactly, since it pushes the info off the page for those who want PSN related stuff but we cant make our own threads due to mods shutting it down. Really dont see what the problem is as its a discussion group just like anything else. Hell then what the purpose of the gaming community section where such community threads go to keep the main section of gaming clean and such.

Really do not understand the whole reasoning behind it. Even more so when there are countless other threads being made and left around that personally contribute even less to the overall community of NeoGAF.

m@cross

The consolidation of the three consoles into this one thread makes it pretty much impossible to keep a topic for more than 4 posts.

Exactly, since it pushes the info off the page for those who want PSN related stuff but we cant make our own threads due to mods shutting it down. Really dont see what the problem is as its a discussion group just like anything else. Hell then what the purpose of the gaming community section where such community threads go to keep the main section of gaming clean and such.

Really do not understand the whole reasoning behind it. Even more so when there are countless other threads being made and left around that personally contribute even less to the overall community of NeoGAF.

What I don't understand is why it had to be deleted at all. Thread was always active. And it's not like NeoGAF has a limit to how many threads can be open. Heck I see worse threads about console wars, or why this game sucks, or why Destiny isn't a better game, etc, yet the Vita thread had to be closed.

I don't see it as much of an issue for us, we still talk all things Vita here, what we are doing is making this thread less about PSN, and screwing over and leaving other users that don't have the system just hanging, and with no opportunity to talk. It's not our fault, there's nothing we can do about it, and I really apologize to other users if you don't own a Vita, but really, I barely come here with any other intention than to talk about the system and any games that it is getting...

redcrayon

The Vita lounge is a great site, I check it every day.

The only problem I find sometimes is that single-focus communities can sometimes be hostile to legitimate dissenting voices to the established take on things (although I havent seen that on theVitalounge).

redcrayon

What I don't understand is why it had to be deleted at all. Thread was always active. And it's not like NeoGAF has a limit to how many threads can be open. Heck I see worse threads about console wars, or why this game sucks, or why Destiny isn't a better game, etc, yet the Vita thread had to be closed.

I don't see it as much of an issue for us, we still talk all things Vita here, what we are doing is making this thread less about PSN, and screwing over and leaving other users that don't have the system just hanging, and with no opportunity to talk. It's not our fault, there's nothing we can do about it, and I really apologize to other users if you don't own a Vita, but really, I barely come here with any other intention than to talk about the system and any games that it is getting...
I think the '150 upcoming Vita games' thread has almost become the default Vita news thread, and Fady_K is really good at keeping it updated. Subscribe to that is my advice, but I think it's only fair to the amount of work put into it that it's kept on topic, it's a great resource.

But yeah, I kinda feel sorry for people looking for PS4 news in here, but major PS4 games tend to get their own threads, whereas the Vita has more of a constant stream of smaller releases this year where, due to the much smaller fanbase, it's just made more sense to post here as a topic might only get three or four replies. It's had the consequence of the PSN thread just becoming the Vita thread under another name, as the more people talk about Vita stuff, the less people bother to ask about anything else, they might as well just try any other PS4 thread.

Is it worth just having a vita community thread that we can all subscribe to? I think that's what the mods didn't want, which was threads becoming basecamps for systemwarz, but TBH I think the handheld threads are much saner than the home console ones are going to be for the next few years.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood

I don't know if now things would be different but if you remember well Vitagaf was always on the front page and there were always lots of posts, i always had the impression that mods didn't like Vita getting so much visibility.

For example i have found the Vita OT4 that is more than 400(50ppp)/200(100ppp) pages
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=482325

with time pages became less but Vitagaf alone was usually as big as these Vita/PS4/PS3 threads.

wilflare

I don't know if now things would be different but if you remember well Vitagaf was always on the front page and there were always lots of posts, i always had the impression that mods didn't like Vita getting so much visibility.

For example i have found the Vita OT4 that is more than 400(50ppp)/200(100ppp) pages
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=482325

with time pages became less but Vitagaf alone was usually as big as these Vita/PS4/PS3 threads.

can we try talking to a mod to change this
sigh, I remember we lost a few of our regulars as well thanks to this

SerTapTap

30 hours into Senran Kagura Versus and I'm not even done with all the story things yet. Was not expecting so much content honestly.

I dunno what my problem was, but my DS4 no longer has weird input lag on my PS TV, everything feels soooo goood to play with it.

Now where is muh unfinished swan PS4

Top Bottom