• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Now officially coming to PC

Raylan

Banned
wow so is there any reason to own a PS4?

pbJtcB8.jpg

kulapik

I was gonna ask how could I use this in an european country that isn't one of the mentioned, but internet will go like shit, probably.

chefbags

Big news. PS Now is not targeted at continental Europe, but I'm glad they're expanding the ecosystem.

Is PS Now still only on PS3 games? [edit: seems like it is]

Yes and will probably stay that way. I don't see them doing a Xbox/Microsoft thing where almost every exclusive game of theirs is on pc.

Mcdohl

Excited about the idea, but not about the actual service as it is currently.

Add Demon's Souls, PS1/PS2 and I'm in baby.

kennyamr

wow so is there any reason to own a PS4?

Sony plans to keep their current generation exclusive to their console, and add the past generations to PS Now.

So yes, there is a reason, unless you don't care about PS4 games.

When will they carry over PS4 games?

When the PS5 is available.

Maybe with the PS+ Price increase it'll include this.

I'd keep my sub if that happens.

Sony's main reason to increase the price is the current strong Yen compared to the Dollar.
Currency fluctuations are annoying, mostly because Sony is based in Japan and not the US.

Having said that, I'd love to see that $9.99 per month for PS Now, I'd subscribe if they can hit that price.

It's only a matter of time before PS4 games arrive and become more tha just streamed rentals. The writing is on the wall, people. Wake up.

We’re also introducing a new device, the DualShock 4 USB Wireless Adaptor, which launches in early September for a suggested retail price of $24.99. This adaptor will let you connect a DualShock 4 to PC and Mac wirelessly, and will enable every feature of the controller you know and love: buttons, analog sticks, touch pad, light bar, motion sensors, vibration, and stereo headset jack – as long as the gaming application supports these features.

They're very careful about how they try and pull you in with that last part. This just gives immediate wireless access without some of the issues bluetooth can bring. This won't bring official driver support with button prompts in games where developers didn't support the PS prompts.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Is PSNow only PS3 games? Anything regarding Vita games? It's a dead system anyway, might as well let me play that shit on PC.

RibMan

PlayStation Neow. Excellent news! It's forward-thinking to offer the service on more than just PlayStation hardware.

Papacheeks

Banned
Only PS3 games right now. This is the current list of PS Now games

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_Now_games

All of Sony's own games aren't on the service right now. No GT's or Demon's Souls for example.

All of the god of war games, all infamous games, killzone collection, all of the ratchet games, sly cooper and collections, last of us, uncharted, twisted metal. All of those are sony owned games, and most outside of ratchet are made by their studios.

So I have no clue what your talking about when your saying sony's games not being on the service.

bunkitz

Well that's pretty cool, but... kind of defeats the purpose of consoles now if all their exclusives end up being available on PC. At least this isn't exactly like Microsoft's "Play Anywhere" (or whatever it's called) feature in that this is a subscription-based streaming service, and only the PlayStation 3's library too.

I don't want to sound petty or greedy, but I hope that the PlayStation 4's library doesn't ever (at least not anytime soon) end up on PlayStation Now, because I'm a console guy and I wouldn't the main reason for owning a PlayStation to kind of be, well, gone.

I'll at least take comfort in knowing that my friends who don't have a PS3 can try out its exclusives now, I suppose.

Exactly.

So... Is there?

Uhh, yes? I play a lot of Japanese games and only half of them make it to the PC. Additionally, I enjoy PS4 exclusives.

I don't know why people ask that question, because you know it's just gonna be some low tier shitpost of "those games suck!"

jmizzal

I'm guessing NA release date will be announced at the PS meeting on the 7th

They say more games will be added, I hope they add PS4 games to launch the service

Top Bottom