• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Now officially coming to PC

Corpekata

Banned
All of the god of war games, all infamous games, killzone collection, all of the ratchet games, sly cooper and collections, last of us, uncharted, twisted metal. All of those are sony owned games, and most outside of ratchet are made by their studios.

So I have no clue what your talking about when your saying sony's games not being on the service.

They likely simply meant "Not all" given they gave some examples.

Well that's pretty cool, but... kind of defeats the purpose of consoles now if all their exclusives end up being available on PC. At least this isn't exactly like Microsoft's "Play Anywhere" (or whatever it's called) feature in that this is a subscription-based streaming service, and only the PlayStation 3's library too.

I don't want to sound petty or greedy, but I hope that the PlayStation 4's library doesn't ever (at least not anytime soon) end up on PlayStation Now, because I'm a console guy and I wouldn't the main reason for owning a PlayStation to kind of be, well, gone.

I'll at least take comfort in knowing that my friends who don't have a PS3 can try out its exclusives now, I suppose.
well its selfish

Parsnip

There aren't really any PS3 only games that I would actually want to play at this point in time, even less when streamed over Sony's shitty network.

Also it isn't available in Finland, and frankly I don't expect it ever will be.

There's truly no arrogance like Sony arrogance.

PS Now is on PC before even releasing the service for others countries and you know for customers who actually bought your platform (PS3/PS4).

What a joke.

Guymelef

PS Now is on PC before even releasing the service for others countries and you know for customers who actually bought your platform (PS3/PS4).

What a joke.

Apples and Oranges.

Damn new day new overreactions.

Corpekata

Banned
Has anyone used this service on their PS4? How does it compare to how Onlive worked a while ago? I know it's based on their tech.

It's based on a competitor's tech.

I've used both and eh, I can't say I noticed too much of a difference either way. I only played Resistance 3 a bit on Now though given the sort of ridiculous pricing scheme so can't say I had a ton of experience with it.

Elandyll

Banned
Xbox One AAA exclusives on Windows 10, PS Now on PC, DS4 wireless adapter on PC/Mac...

Begun, The PC Wars have!

Next: PS Vue PC & 360 BC.

SZips

My DS4 already works via bluetooth on my motherboard. Assuming Sony actually releases proper drivers for the controller, there's no real reason for me to pick up the adapter, right?

The "full" functionality of the controller should be tied to the drivers and hopefully not the physical dongle itself. Unless I'm way off base here.

All of the god of war games, all infamous games, killzone collection, all of the ratchet games, sly cooper and collections, last of us, uncharted, twisted metal. All of those are sony owned games, and most outside of ratchet are made by their studios.

So I have no clue what your talking about when your saying sony's games not being on the service.

I meant what I said, which is that Sony doesn't have all of their games on the service as of now. And that's the truth.

Is this some streaming thing?

Yep. You can currently use the service through the PS3/4/Vita/TV and BRAVIA TV or Samsung TV's. They pretty much want the service everywhere.

This is thread is going to be a bloodbath in minutes. The drive by troll comments on the 1st page have already started to take effect

Jotaka

What a joke.

BirGh2B.gif

wapplew

My DS4 already works via bluetooth on my motherboard. Assuming Sony actually releases proper drivers for the controller, there's no real reason for me to pick up the adapter, right?

The "full" functionality of the controller should be tied to the drivers and hopefully not the physical dongle itself. Unless I'm way off base here.

Blogpost didn't mention PC game support, I don't get my hopes up.

Corpsepyre

Banned
So, I don't know a thing about this service. How does one gain access to it? Are people in Asia good with getting this service as well? Any performance issues?

RK9039

I meant what I said, which is that Sony doesn't have all of their games on the service as of now. And that's the truth.

Yep. You can currently use the service through the PS3/4/Vita/TV and BRAVIA TV or Samsung TV's. They pretty much want the service everywhere.

Oh I see, I can finally play my Dragon's Crown on PC.

So, I don't know a thing about this service. How does one gain access to it? Are people in Asia good with getting this service as well? Any performance issues?

Pay a sub (1 or 3 months) for catalog access or pay on a per-game basis.

Performed well enough for me (in the US).

cyress8

Banned
+ Andrew Kelly on August 23rd, 2016 at 11:21 am said:
The adaptor supports one DS4, although you can connect a second controller with a USB cord for multiplayer on PS Now’s PC app.
Ewwww, wtf guys!

Ogni-XR21

Is the bluetooth wireless adapter absolutely necessary if someone already has Bluetooth on their PC?

I hope not :p I hope they just release drivers and the wireless adapter as something for people without bluetooth.

It's been a while since I tried, but I could connect a DS4 via bluetooth. Unfortunately it constantly disconnected and I gave up trying to get it to work properly as I have a 360 wireless pad for PC anyway and I didn't want to bother reconnecting the thing to my PS4 all the time.

Kuni

This adaptor will let you connect a DualShock 4 to PC and Mac wirelessly, and will enable every feature of the controller you know and love: buttons, analog sticks, touch pad, light bar, motion sensors, vibration, and stereo headset jack – as long as the gaming application supports these features.

Guessing this means that it's still directinput? Meaning that they'll be the same issues with Games that only support xinput? Along with that directinput \ xinput double input issue on Steam?

Top Bottom