• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Plus Game of the Year 2014

JP

That list makes me realise how good the games have been...and how many of the games they've given that I'm yet to play. Still hoping for a PS4 version of Luftrausers at some point.

Hotline Miami

Facism

I don't have PS+ and i an reliably tell you Binding of Isaac was the single greatest thing they could have given you.

I hope you all tweeted the sony mandem to thank them for giving you the GOTY so promptly.

Zach

Brothers and Deadly Premonition are my favorites from the offerings, but I had already played them.

As for games I first experienced through PS+ this year, my favorite is probably Spelunky, with Luftrausers (surprisingly) right behind.

VegiHam

Huh. I couldn't really get into BoI:R, cus I had no idea what was going on and when I died everything was different so I don't know if I made progress or anything.

Pix the cat gets my vote cus it's really fun to play for like 5 mins every now and then.

Danlord

Don't Starve: Console Edition (PS4).

Hands down, the most fun I've had from a PS+ title this year. Even bought Reign of Giants DLC when it arrived. I can't wait for Don't Starve Together (Online multiplayer)

Pennywise

Puppeteer

Really wonderful game, combined with great narrator and one beatiful artstyle, it was one of my favorite platformers lately.

The whole theater style was pretty great and it's one of the few examples where the german voice over was spot on, which is pretty rare for a game like that.

Ikon

There were some great games for sure but the winner is obvious to me:

Binding of Isaac Rebirth

Now I just need to git gud at it.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Puppeteer

Really wonderful game, combined with great narrator and one beatiful artstyle, it was one of my favorite platformers lately.

The whole theater style was pretty great and it's one of the few examples where the german voice over was spot on, which is pretty rare for a game like that.

So underappreciated. I bought it when it was on sale last year. I think it's the best Sony made platformer in years.

It'd be a toss up between Spelunky and Isaac for me. I don't understand why Tokyo Jungle hasn't been on Plus yet. Seems to fit well to me. Fat Princess could use some hype now they've announced a sequel too.

Rhete

Banned
I'd already played a lot of the games on PC, so for me personally, my favorite of the bunch would be Puppeteer.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Velocity 2X.

There just can't be any other answer. Such an incredible game which has sadly already been forgotten by some...

One of my favourites and one I won't forget anytime soon. I was super hyped for this game given how good Ultra was, and you have no idea how pissed off I was when people were whining about this game being free on day 1 instead of some AAA.

Stick it to the Man (PS4)

One of the first time in ages that I had a smile on my face while playing a game. Really reminded me why I loved videogames in the first place. I guess I had been playing too many grim games, when I actually used to play a lot of happy games. This can be reflected in the game industry as well. Naughty Dog used to make colorful happy games, now they just make third person shooters where you kill people. A lot of devs are just going forward with making games where you shoot people to death as the point of the game, I can't take it anymore.

Sometimes you don't realize what you are truly missing. For me it was happiness while playing a game. I've been playing too many games where I have to kill people in cold blood.

This game really cheered me up in a time of need, I recommend it to anyone.

I'll go with Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons. Beautiful game that I found myself enjoying more than any other PS+ game I downloaded. However, I didn't play every game.

Issac thread? Issac thread.

But seriously, Issac was excellent. Special mention to Velocity 2x, Dragon's Crown and Muramasa Rebirth.

Definitely Towerfall Ascension for me. It's a fantastic multiplayer game. I'd already purchased it before it appeared of PS+ and I don't regret it one bit (in fact, I'd already bought it on Steam too). So very good.

Dingotech

Binding of Isaac: Rebirth
Runner up - Dust: An Elysian Tail

Spelunky and Hotline Miami would be up there if I hadn't already owned them.

One of my favourites and one I won't forget anytime soon. I was super hyped for this game given how good Ultra was, and you have no idea how pissed off I was when people were whining about this game being free on day 1 instead of some AAA.

That argument still annoys me. Are people are happy with Injustice rather than an infinitely more enjoyable indie?

I want to believe the answer is no...

Top Bottom