• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Plus Game of the Year 2014

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Deadly Premonition.

Simply because despite the fact that I find it to be an absolutely awful game, it still manages to charm the hell out of me.

joe2187

Banned
DmC

Fight me

tumblr_mkl2u6qkHp1rzzj2xo1_500.gif

RavenSan

Off-Site Inflammatory Member
Towerfall Ascension

Easily the most fun couch-multiplayer game I've played this year. I would have paid for it twice over if PS Plus didn't give it for free.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
That argument still annoys me. Are people are happy with Injustice rather than an infinitely more enjoyable indie?

I want to believe the answer is no...

To be fair Injustice is a pretty good game. It's also a game I played to death on PS3 so gave no fucks when it went free on PS4. At least they didn't give away a shit retail game like Knack or something.

CLEEK

Dead Nation Apocalypse Edition (PS4)

One of my favourite PS3 games, so would have bought it again anyway. Having it free was nice. Mapping fast weapon/item selection on the face buttons was a massive improvement, and this alone makes this the definitive version of an incredible game. The prettier 1080p graphics are just a bonus.

I buy a ton of PSN games, so many times when older games come on PS+, chances are I've already played them. There are still a bunch of awesome games that were either ports of games I'd already played, on games I'd not wanted enough to purchase first time around.

PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate (Vita)

Replayed both games on the Vita. Really good fit for the handheld.

Puppeteer (PS3)

If this hadn't been free, I wouldn't have played it. Such a sumptuous game. The production values are staggering.

Proteus (Vita)

Likewise, if it hadn't been on PS+, it would have passed me by. Not much meat on the bone, but I still spent a few train commutes transfixed by its lo-fi virtual island. My hype for No Man's Sky comes mostly from thinking it looks like a big budget Proteus.

That argument still annoys me. Are people are happy with Injustice rather than an infinitely more enjoyable indie?

I hated Injustice when I bought it, and I still hate it now.

But it is still better than 70% of the indies that came out on PS4 this year.

the only games id put above it are Velocity, Pixeljunk, Pix the cat, Dust and Strider although that technically that doesn't count.

Most of the PS4 games have been mediocre, cheap affairs, even by indie standards.

I actually think Sony's policy of releasing some indie games day 1 as PS+ titles is awesome. As for Injustice...it's a kickass fighting game, so yeah, I could see people liking it over some indies ;).

Hikami

Didn't have PS+ til later in the year so only got to try like 1/4 of those games.

Spelunky gets my vote, would've never tried this game if it wasn't for PS+. Had the most fun with it from the PS+ titles I got play.

Ashtar

Velocity 2x one of my goty. Really good I still need to finish it though.
Binding of Isaac rebirth is also really good twin shooter and just edges out dead nation.
The vita offerings have been great as well.

Hm... of what I've played? Definitely Rebirth, with the following as runners-up (best to worst):

Hotline Miami - PS3/Vita
Batman Arkham Asylum - PS3
Spelunky - PS4/PS3/Vita
Blazblue Continuum Shift Extend - Vita
Velocity 2X - PS4/Vita
Bioshock Infinite - PS3
Joe Danger - Vita
Steamworld Dig - PS4/Vita
Trine 2 - PS4

HORRORSHØW

wow @ that list. there are so many great games i would never have given a chance if not for plus. like others i think i'm going to have to give the nod to the binding of issac.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Are we voting for our favourite game on the list or our favourite game that we got through PS Plus? Bioshock Infinite is my favourite game on that list,but I bought it day 1. Brothers is the best game that I have played through my subscription.

Not only is Binding of Isaac PSN game of the year but is probably my second fave game all year....just short of The Evil Within.... yea I know hasn't been a great year for me lol.

Arzehn

Soul Sacrifice

This is the best game on the list, but they gave it out not too long before Delta, so it didn't feel that great.

This year was kinda weak for me, I didn't end up playing most of the games. Last year we got Demon's Souls, Sleeping Dogs, Vanquish (still on backlog), Binary Domain and Dragons Dogma: Dark Arisen.

Yeah, Binding of Isaac Rebirth here too. Considering it's also my overall game of the year, this is hardly a surprise.

Funnily enough, it also used to be my most anticipated game and honestly, it has exceeded my expectations, I totally underestimated how potent the crack gameplay x portability combo could be.

Top Bottom