• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Plus in August: Lara Croft, God of War, Stealth Inc 2, more

orochi91

Pretty good month.

I was lucky to have nabbed GoW:A ultimate edition when it was accidentally made free a while back on the PSN store lol

LakeEarth

Tower of Guns was fun despite technical issues IMO, but yes that was a pretty bad month too.

I thought PS4 would start ramping up for the fall.

We all know December/January will have amazing PS+ lineups because that's when the majority of people have to renew PS+. Then it's back to the "cheap stuff".

Nice! I was literally going to buy Limbo for PS4 last night! Cool that I didn't.

Limbo remains one of the greatest experiences I've had from a game. Can't to go back to it next week!

Everybody needs to play stealth inc. 2.

Best fucking stealth game since splinter cell

How does it compare to Stealth Inc 1? I enjoyed it a good amount, but never came close to me thinking it was the best stealth game of anything.

But maybe that's just because I don't think to compare it to other stealth games that I've played because it's so different from the rest of what I've experienced. Not to downplay it's cleverness. I still mainly think of it as a platformer/puzzler.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
What will be the PS Plus benefits when PS9 is out?

NU0QXVd.jpg

Codiox

How does it compare to Stealth Inc 1? I enjoyed it a good amount, but never came close to me thinking it was the best stealth game of anything.

But maybe that's just because I don't think to compare it to other stealth games that I've played because it's so different from the rest of what I've experienced. Not to downplay it's cleverness. I still mainly think of it as a platformer/puzzler.

It's like the first one and Metroid made a baby. Really loving it.

Fbh

Ok month
Tomb Raider looks cool (the first one was great). But limbo is kinda dissapointing (good game but it has been out for a long time, I own it for like 2 or 3 platforms already)

phant0m

Solid lineup, given the only thing worthwhile last month was Rocket League.

Been wanting Sound Shapes for awhile, excited for Lara and GoW as well.

Raonak

Banned
Oh hell yes. My PS3's disk drive stopped working midway though GOW:Ascension. I was quite enjoying it too. Can finally finish it.

grimmiq

Decent month, need to finish Guardian of Light that I bought on PC before playing Temple of Osiris, with the lack of a decent holiday lineup I'm not expecting any AAA games til October at the earliest. Played Limbo on PC but may as well go through again for trophies.

VLiberty

Woah. Spectacular month. Feels like one of the biggest and most varied in Plus' history, no?
Yes, but honestly I feel this way most of the months.

It's a great line up, unfortunately I own 3/6 and Castlestorm doesn't look like my cup of tea. Stealth inc 2 and LC2 are more than worthy though

firelogic

It was the Vita version in May of last year. Kind of gimmicky to now give the PS4 version.

You assume that every PS+ subscriber has a Vita, PS3, and a PS4? What if I don't own a Vita and missed out on Limbo? I do have a PS4 and now get to play it. See how this works?

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
I own all the good games from that lineup. Though I would be happy if they used PS+ as an excuse to put Sound Shapes DLC on sale.
The Ultimate Edition with all the DLC was part of a flash sale pretty recently. I got it for some stupid low price.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Stealth Inc 2 is the only one of these I don't have already. Oh well, wanted it anyway. At least it's not like most of the PS3 months where I owned everything and didn't have a Vita yet.

It's like the first one and Metroid made a baby. Really loving it.

Oh, wow. That sounds great. I wasn't a big fan of the first. It didn't really lend to experimentation due to the lack of manual save and those cut off levels broke a bit the sense of achievement.

Top Bottom