• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Plus in August: Lara Croft, God of War, Stealth Inc 2, more

Kinsella

Banned
I loved the first Lara Croft game. This one is horrible. The first thing you notice is how completely shit the framerate is.

derExperte

Ugh I own all put Temple of Osiris. Disappointing month for me, good for others. *sigh* maybe September...

It will only get more disappointing when you get to play Osiris, it isn't bad but much worse than the first one.

For me God of War and Stealth 2, had worse months.

Ricky_R

Not for me. I've been eager to play this game for a long time, but always just got distracted or forgot about it.

You're in for a treat. The game is pretty trial and error though, but it's still great imo. The atmosphere is so well done, as well as the art style and animations.

nib95

Banned
Solid month. Never played Temple of Orsis or Sound Shapes. Will happily play Limbo again on the PS4, if I find the time. Don't really play my PS3 any more, but Ascension is nice.

Shahed

Ooh Temple of Osiris? Nice! Been meaning to get that but never got around to. Been a while since I got a game I wanted from PS+. Gof of War Ascension would have been nice, but I no longer have my PS3, and can't be bothered to borrow my sisters.

Hah, well I guess I'll be adding "PS4" to the list of platforms I've beaten Limbo on. If you've never played it and enjoy short, atmospheric platformers, you're in for a treat. The "Complete the game in one sitting, dying five times or less" trophy is no joke but getting to know the timing of everything in Limbo well enough to pull it off makes for a zen-like experience.

Annnd Sound Shapes, a trophy lover's wet dream :)

Cleve

Wasn't The first Lara Croft one a great game? Is this one disappointing? I was looking forward to play it and I'm kind of excited to be able to

Basically, yes. The previous game was more interesting. This one isn't terrible, it's just disappointing when compared to what it should have been.

-edit-

What the hell is with people complaining about a lack of AAA parity with gwg. GWG has had ACiv, PS+ has had injustice. Both systems are lacking in terms of free AAA games, but there's been some really fantastic "free" games on both platforms.

awake

I've played Limbo on Steam and Xbox 360 already. Temple of Osiris is new for me - is that one any good? Also Stealth Inc and Sound Shapes (never heard of that one before) are new for me. PS3 gets GoW :eek:

Already played Sound Shapes and Limbo. They're worth playing but I found limbo to be disappointingly boring, even in short bursts. I was hyped for that game for a while too. A lot of people like it though so it definitely has something going for it. Sound Shapes is neat for a bit. I'm most excited for Stealth Inc 2. I played the first one, liked it, but I suck at puzzle games and ultimately let the game "beat me," I did get near the end though before a quit. Stealth Inc 2 is supposed to be a more open world/metroidvainia style game which sounds a lot more appealing to me than a level selecting thing (which is what the first games was). The rest I don't care about much, but I'll probably try out Castle Storm

Nesther

Nothing for me, don't mind though, still gotta get through the July line-up. Rocket League's been taking up all my time.

Coreda

Never played Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris, is it cool? Does it have a single player campaign?

Compared to original it's rather average but it's not bad per se. It's like a watered down, less arcade-y version with gameplay annoyances that weren't present in the first. It does have a singleplayer. Posted a mini-review in my LTTP thread on Guardians (PC).

Winter John

I have to applaud whoever is responsible for the PS4's lineup. Somehow they manage to make each month more underwhelming than the last. Stealth 2 might be o.k but Limbo? I played that 5 years ago on the 360 and that's what they're "giving away." Oh well, maybe next month we'll get Frogger.

Briarios

I have to applaud whoever is responsible for the PS4's lineup. Somehow they manage to make each month more underwhelming than the last. Stealth 2 might be o.k but Limbo? I played that 5 years ago on the 360 and that's what they're "giving away." Oh well, maybe next month we'll get Frogger.

I applaud you for ignoring the other two games you get for the PS4, as if it will make your argument better.

4 games for the PS4 is pretty awesome. There is a pretty significsnt amount of variety between the games, too

Two Words

God of War: Ascension might be the weakest in the story of God of War, but I think it has the best gameplay. They need to give you the option to not nerf the Trials of Archimedes secton too. Doing that on normal in its original state was a very fun challenge.

Tapejara

Underwhelming month for me. Sound Shapes is awesome, but I already own it. I'm interested in trying out the Lara Croft game, but that's it really.

Teletraan1

Banned
i am sorry but please do feel free to share these "AAA" games that xbox users are getting

amazing there are people that think gwg is better especially when they have repeat entries certain months and less games per month.

i agree that if you are not into "indie" games, ps4 would seem pretty disappointing so far. i do feel Sony needs to start adding full retail games into the mix soon just to satisfy that crowd because it can get frustrating coming from ps3 and the games they provided there.

AC Black Flag. What a get that game is. It has been budget priced forever and codes shucked out of Bundle systems have been selling for rock bottom prices. As a result PSN+ was a mistake. It is nothing but trash.

I like the Indie game push on PSN, I have played a lot of games that I would have never been exposed to and generates interest for that indie dev's next game. Getting bomba AAA games that nobody bought in the first place just to fulfill some weak console wars checklist is doing it wrong imo.

Top Bottom