• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

TheGamer

Don't Starve is going away today (replaced by Outlast), yes, but it's not supposed to be gone until midnight or something. And as you can see it's clearly still shown as free for PS+ members. But I'm not allowed to download it? What is this shit? Same problem if I try on on the SEN site.

(Yes, I should have downloaded it a bit earlier, but still. WTF.)

I can't read the language the error message is in, but I'll take your word for it. Usually the games are removed when the PS store updates. I guess it depended on when the store updated in your region.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I can't read the language the error message is in, but I'll take your word for it. Usually the games are removed when the PS store updates. I guess it depended on when the store updated in your region.

The timer on the PSN site clearly showed it as being available until midnight or so (it's now about 18:30). And it now shows this:

i8Tl4vY2FwDKd.PNG

And as you can see in my earlier post, it does still show as free for PS+ members. But I cannot download it. Nor can I actually buy it if that's what I want. I simply cannot get the game at all.

The PlayStation Store has been messed up in general since yesterday, so it's possible that those problems are related to that. Hopefully they get it fixed before the free game expires.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
The PlayStation Store has been messed up in general since yesterday, so it's possible that those problems are related to that. Hopefully they get it fixed before the free game expires.

It's gone now, I missed it. But their site (the PSN site, not SEN) still says it should be free. That it's not is greatly pissing me off, because I sort of feel scammed out of a game here. Yes, I was aware that Outlast was replacing Don't Starve today, but the PSN site very clearly showed that there would be some overlap. Now suddenly there isn't. And I don't think that I, as a consumer, should be expected to know that their site is lying. I've sent them an email complaining about this, let's see if that does anything...

It's gone now, I missed it. But their site (the PSN site, not SEN) still says it should be free. That it's not is greatly pissing me off, because I sort of feel scammed out of a game here. Yes, I was aware that Outlast was replacing Don't Starve today, but the PSN site very clearly showed that there would be some overlap. Now suddenly there isn't. And I don't think that I, as a consumer, should be expected to know that their site is lying. I've sent them an email complaining about this, let's see if that does anything...
Good luck man, I hope they make it right.

Kugar77

lolwut, dude I have no sympathy. Quit trying to get cute about when things are expiring

So over half of us PS4 owners are also PSplusers

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/02...signer-up-for-a-playstation-plus-subcription/

Kazuo Hirai said:
I’d like to add a little more color by saying that of the 4.2 million PS4 that have already in the hands of the consumers… More than half of the people that have gotten their hands on a PS4 have actually signed up with a PS Plus service.

Though of course it would make sense as the PS4 early adopters are likely to be more informed and part of the "core" gamer group.
(at least I hope it's not just because mp is behind a paywall and people would have otherwise still ignored PS+)

So over half of us PS4 owners are also PSplusers

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/02...signer-up-for-a-playstation-plus-subcription/

Though of course it would make sense as the PS4 early adopters are likely to be more informed and part of the "core" gamer group.
(at least I hope it's not just because mp is behind a paywall and people would have otherwise still ignored PS+)

It's also expected since a lot (all?) of the initial wave of PS4s came with a PS+ subscription, I believe. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

It's still interesting, of course. Hopefully Sony will invest in and improve PS Network now that there's customer money behind it.

It's also expected since a lot (all?) of the initial wave of PS4s came with a PS+ subscription, I believe. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

It's still interesting, of course. Hopefully Sony will invest in and improve PS Network now that there's customer money behind it.

I guess they wouldn't count those 2 week subs that came with a PS4, or do you mean it's expected because more people came into contact with PS+ through it?

It's so funny to the people who didn't have PS+ prior to PS4, that always made fun of the "free" and always used quotes when describing these games and all of a sudden now use the term free.

These games are stored on your account; just download the ones you'll play and delete the ones you're done with. That easy.

Celegus

Same I really enjoyed DmC. Bought and beat on 360 though but that's besides the point. gets more hate than it warrants.

Yeah I wasn't sure what to expect after hearing nonstop complaining about it. I hardly had any problems with it at all though, it was just as good as 4 in my opinion.

Raphael

Damn. Saw the thread bumped and was hoping for info or leaks about feb eu games.

even though im still finishing persona and got killzone and ss and dw in backlog.

vita has no games indeed.

Roto13

For those planning to get Payday 2 tomorrow, there is a huge game update that is bigger than the game. You'll have to download a total of 8.2 GB of the game and game update before playing the game for the first time.

XjUe5Oa.jpg

Didn't Payday 1 do that too? What's with these guys?

Jedi2016

I've seen a few games do that. Some games seem to have all the updates rolled into the download file, others don't. No idea what the difference is, except that the chances of a game having a second, large update file appears to be directly proportional to the game's popularity and how badly I want to play it.

bebop242

For those planning to get Payday 2 tomorrow, there is a huge game update that is bigger than the game. You'll have to download a total of 8.2 GB of the game and game update before playing the game for the first time.

PSNStores reported about it first last December, but the update hasn't been applied to the game file on the PSN servers.

Thanks for the heads up. My 500gb is busting at the seams. Think ill just "purchase" it for now.

Maybe they rewrite the whole game instead of patching.

It looks like it. Final file size after the update was around 250 MB more than the original file size.
KgiXFIM.jpg

By the way, I'm doing all this with the Full Game Trial. I've done it before where I downloaded the trial as a pre-load, then "purchased" the game for free once it marked as free for PS+. I'm going to check if this still works tomorrow.

Big painful updates?

You guys should try PAIN or Hot Shots Golf (PS3).

NO THANKS. Nothing like downloading 3 GB with no way of cancelling it.

I have a question (a very stupid, question). Is it possible to download JP and EU releases with a US PS+ membership? Are there any tutorials for this, if so? BTW, this is for the Vita.

Mondy

Banned
I don't think the March releases will be that impressive, considering how stacked the month is for new games. It'll be something mundane probably.

jvm

Gamasutra.
Think we'll get God of War: Ascension? That's almost a year old I think. What have the Sony first party offerings been like.
We already got that kickass discount just a few weeks ago. What was it? US$9.99 for the game with PS+ discount? Insane.

Game's not as gripping as the previous five games. Real shame.

Z..

God of War: Ascension

Game's not as gripping as the previous five games. Real shame.

Not sure if serious, here...

The first game was a blast and the second one perfected the formula... the other 4 were all completely unnecessary (never played GoS or Ascension, but CoO and 3 were kinda just there and brought absolutely nothing new to the table! Completely pointless milking! I guess 3 was kind of necessary to tie up the story, but the rest was just completely unnecesary...).

Top Bottom