• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

Vally

I downloaded BioShock Infinite but when I go to install it every time it says : an error occurred during the install operation (80029564).

Anyone have any clue on what to do?

From the OP:
I can't download games!
Games need twice their file size to download and install.

Free up some space and try again

I have to say It's pretty jarring to me how much better Infinite looks on a PC...

Not trying to hate, but this game definitely stands out vs. other multiplatform titles

jvm

Gamasutra.
I have to say It's pretty jarring to me how much better Infinite looks on a PC...

Not trying to hate, but this game definitely stands out vs. other multiplatform titles
Interesting! I thought it looked pretty OK, because it had a specific art style that wasn't completely realistic but also wasn't completely cartoonish either.

Might you be able to point to a screenshot of what you think is representative of the better look of the PC version? I really don't frequent PC-focused stuff, so I wouldn't know where to look for a good shot.

Huh... clicked on the store link, logged into my account on PC... brings me to the japanese website... How the heck do I get back to the US store? I know my account is US based since I use it on my PS3 without issue.

ZenaxPure

I haven't played it on PC, but, I was overly suspicious when I looked into the various telescope things around the world and my first thought was "what am I supposed to be seeing here? Fog?" I assume the draw distance is much better on the pc version.

Sh0k

Can I access and queue the downloads through the web browser for PS4 like for PS3 and PS Vita ? Planning on getting a PS4 from Amazon but probably won't arrive until later this week. I don't want to miss on Resogun and Don't Starve.

ced

Why did I wait on PS+

Got it this weekend with my PS4 for Don't Starve etc, didn't realize all the free stuff on PS3. Xcom is pretty damn good.

Is there a way to go ahead and queue up Outlast so when it releases it will auto download it?

Why did I wait on PS+

Got it this weekend with my PS4 for Don't Starve etc, didn't realize all the free stuff on PS3. Xcom is pretty damn good.

Is there a way to go ahead and queue up Outlast so when it releases it will auto download it?

You could use the mobile app /site to buy it on the go when it releases and tell it to download. I don't think pre-queuing is possible.

Wife away on business has allowed me to chip away at my backlog last week-

Just finished Brothers (soo good) and DMC this morning. Completed Bioshock infinte, Tomb Raider Definitive Edition and Deus EX last week as well.

Getting ready for all the new ps+ drops on Tuesday. Making space on the HDD(s) feels great

I downloaded BioShock Infinite but when I go to install it every time it says : an error occurred during the install operation (80029564).

Anyone have any clue on what to do?

From the OP:

Free up some space and try again
It can also come from using wireless to download games. I had many problems trying to download Borderlands 2 through wireless: once the game would download and start installing, I'd get a failure after 14% every time. Any packet loss will cause a failure, so be sure to monitor your internet quality and download at off-peak times.

I was able to finally download the game, but it took nearly half a dozen tries and an eventual overhaul of our internet service.

Marz

It can also come from using wireless to download games. I had many problems trying to download Borderlands 2 through wireless: once the game would download and start installing, I'd get a failure after 14% every time. Any packet loss will cause a failure, so be sure to monitor your internet quality and download at off-peak times.

I was able to finally download the game, but it took nearly half a dozen tries and an eventual overhaul of our internet service.

Ah OK it stops at 14% for me every time too. My internet does kind of suck but I've been able to DL everything else just fine...weird.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I don't get it, when exactly will Outlast be released in EU PSN? Seems to me it's frikkin' country locked and not region locked or something? Like they're releasing it in bunches and not simultaneously through entire regions...

Joni

I don't get it, when exactly will Outlast be released in EU PSN? Seems to me it's frikkin' country locked and not region locked or something? Like they're releasing it in bunches and not simultaneously through entire regions...

It will get released tomorrow normally. It won't get released in certain Asian-PAL countries due to local laws where it gets replaced by Sound Shapes.

Horns

I didn't see a time that content is commonly posted in the OP. Does Sony usually follow a schedule or is it random?

fenners

I didn't see a time that content is commonly posted in the OP. Does Sony usually follow a schedule or is it random?

Lordy. Welcome to GCT - Grace Chen time. Sometime on Tuesday afternoon/early evening. It's been a lot better in the past few months than it used to be, when updates could drop any time from early tuesday afternoon to Wednesday...

Do we have any clue which game comes out free today for the U.S.? I'm hoping for Outlast, but really anything would be fine given the good selection this month.

I'm gonna ask a question that I'm sure has been answered a billion times but I want to make sure I understand correctly.

I don't own a Vita, but may get one down the line. I am a PlayStation Plus member. If I log on to the PlayStation Store and add free Vita games to my cart and "purchase" them, that will put them in my permanent PS+ collection so that I can just download them at a future date when I get a Vita?

Also, is there an easy way to see what Vita games are currently free with PS+? Seems like it would be easy but the store certainly doesn't seem to let one sort things that way.
Thanks in advance.

I'm gonna ask a question that I'm sure has been answered a billion times but I want to make sure I understand correctly.

I don't own a Vita, but may get one down the line. I am a PlayStation Plus member. If I log on to the PlayStation Store and add free Vita games to my cart and "purchase" them, that will put them in my permanent PS+ collection so that I can just download them at a future date when I get a Vita?

Also, is there an easy way to see what Vita games are currently free with PS+? Seems like it would be easy but the store certainly doesn't seem to let one sort things that way.
Thanks in advance.
1. Yes
2. On your PS3 PSN you can go to the vita page and the instant game collection should be there with all the games currently free on Vita. I believe.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
of course the shop is undergoing maintenance now

Would that be why I can't connect to my account? I was starting to worry as there's no "maintenance" error, just an error message telling me I can't connect to my PSN account...

RE_Player

I couldn't get through on my PS4 but I was able to purchase Dustforce on Vita with the Plus discount no problem. Will try again in a couple minutes.

lucius

I am getting store under maintenance for PS4, but PS3 I logged in and started the download of Metro Last light and a couple other things.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
I actually very much enjoyed the combat in the game and thought it was a step up from the original Bioshock, the only problem is it took a while to get there (since you have to unlock the majority of the powers)...

I dare say I'm enjoying it too, and I haven't even unlocked much yet (easy on the spoilers, thanks!)

Maybe it's just that I haven't played many FPSs recently, and I'm not burned out by the Bioshock aesthetic (I'm actually more impressed by the world and characters than I thought I'd be).

First 2-3 hour mark spoilers:
During the whole of that section where you rescue Elizabeth from the statue and see it tumbling down while riding the Skyline, my jaw was agape. The introduction of her "protector" was great as well.
The music during that whole section was fantastic, and building up to the climax of the setpiece really well. It feels like the game has started for real now, and I'm looking forward to playing more.

I'm starting to think that all the hate the game got was just misdirected hype backlash and verbal diarrhea from jaded reviewers. As a modern shooter, it's vibrant and carries some interesting themes. As the next Bioshock game, it's living up to (and in some areas exceeding) my expectations.

YoungOne

Downloading Metro Last Light now I often see it get name dropped at times in S.T.A.L.K.E.R. threads. So I am looking forward to trying it out.

Ok, at least I am not the only one seeing this message. Sony turned on the US for the UK I guess.

Grace Chen had enough of the ribbing about her release time shenanigans. Next we see The Last Guardian and Agent as Sony UK exclusives and we get ports of Street Fighter: The Movie and Bubsy 3D

Khronico

Downloading Metro Last ight now I often see it get name dropped at times in S.T.A.L.K.E.R. threads. So I am looking forward to trying it out.

It's a really good game. It's a linear campaign unlike STALKER but it has some really great, options-filled combat scenarios (some you can even go totally non lethal through). The story is... alright, but the actual gameplay mechanics more than make up for it. Also it's drop dead gorgeous even on PS3, and manages a solid framerate.

jsnepo

It's a really good game. It's a linear campaign unlike STALKER but it has some really great, options-filled combat scenarios (some you can even go totally non lethal through). The story is... alright, but the actual gameplay mechanics more than make up for it. Also it's drop dead gorgeous even on PS3, and manages a solid framerate.

I got Metro 2033 for Steam. Should I play that first?

Khronico

I got Metro 2033 for Steam. Should I play that first?

It's up to you. The storyline of Last Light gives a good recap of what happened in the first game so you wont be out of the loop. 2033 is still an amazing game in it's own right, so it's worth playing I think, just not essential for the story.

jsnepo

It's up to you. The storyline of Last Light gives a good recap of what happened in the first game so you wont be out of the loop. 2033 is still an amazing game in it's own right, so it's worth playing I think, just not essential for the story.

Thanks. I may need to at least tinker a bit on its settings. I've set it to max settings for 720p and still get some nasty frame skips. Anyway, enough of that.

So Metro Last Light is the first game this month huh?

ZenaxPure

My question is if I didn't like the first Metro at all should I even bother downloading the second? Is it more of the same or what? Talking strictly gameplay here.

Khronico

My question is if I didn't like the first Metro at all should I even bother downloading the second? Is it more of the same or what? Talking strictly gameplay here.

The shooting mechanics are definitely more refined than 2033, so there's that. I personally thought the moment to moment gameplay was extremely satisfying; audio-visual feedback for each gun is a treat, each gun feels different and has it's use, and stealth is actually pretty decent for a game that's mostly a shoot-bang through and through.

Zep

Banned
Payday 2 seems to only be a timed trial. Is that a mistake..?

edit: seems to only be a 60min trial...Pretty disappointing.

Massa

Payday 2 seems to only be a timed trial. Is that a mistake..?

edit: seems to only be a 60min trial...Pretty disappointing.

Only Metro and Outlast went free this week, the other games will go free in the next few weeks.

Recently downloaded Bioshock Infinite and have played a bit. I agree about that setpiece near the beginning being great but...does the gameplay ever get good? I don't really like first person shooters so that's probably the main problem.

BadWolf

Recently downloaded Bioshock Infinite and have played a bit. I agree about that setpiece near the beginning being great but...does the gameplay ever get good? I don't really like first person shooters so that's probably the main problem.

I too don't like first person shooters so till the end wasn't very fond of the gameplay.

The world and story were definitely worth playing for though.

Is Remember Me worth the time investment? I believe it's 8 hours or so, and that seems kinda a lot if the game isn't worth it.

I played it to the end even if the combat felt very janky to me. It has a fairly unique setting, forgettable story but good enough to make you want to see how it ends. Don't play it if you've just finished another third person platformer like Uncharted or Tomb Raider.

ZenaxPure

I wrote a thing on the previous page about how I felt about the combat, as someone completely sick of the FPS genre (one of the reasons I have little interest in playing Metro right now) I thought the combat in Infinite was great, it just takes a while to get going. Once you unlock enough powers you barely ever have to use a gun. Really though it's just one of those ymmv things. You can go through the entire game just shooting people and have a boring time, but, if you actually use the various abilities you start to see a ton of synergies between them all and it's a lot of fun.

I will never get sick of using the charge ability to dash around the battlefield leaving dead bodies as crow traps and then using the water ability to drag guys into said traps. That was even more fun/useful because I had a piece of gear that stunned every nearby enemies when I did overkill damage, so I could round enemies up in one place and perma-stun them as long as I had them in a vulnerable state.

I'd actually suggest turning on damage numbers as well (in the options) because it gives you a good idea of how effective you currently are. Some of the abilities make enemies vulnerable to bullet damage and it makes a pretty big difference in total damage done so the game rewards you for mixing the abilities with the your shots.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
iOrwB7fgkwB2T.jpg

ib0L8HXHXam0cW.jpg

WTF?!

Don't Starve is going away today (replaced by Outlast), yes, but it's not supposed to be gone until midnight or something. And as you can see it's clearly still shown as free for PS+ members. But I'm not allowed to download it? What is this shit? Same problem if I try on on the SEN site.

(Yes, I should have downloaded it a bit earlier, but still. WTF.)

Top Bottom