• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

androvsky

The developers of OlliOlli are hyping a big announcement in two hours, so I'm guessing that's when the PS+ games are getting announced. And Olliolli 2 is one of the games.

If its a retail game for Ps4 it better not fucking be a game i already own/beat! Its happened too much lately with PS Plus, but i buy alot of stuff.

Can't wait to see those reaction "Meh, already bought that, shit month" or "Indie again"
GwG and Plus games reveal threads are always delicious ;)
LOL For me it’s the opposite, when I see all the shit posts in PS+ threads it makes my blood boil.

I am always hyped though, had some amazing games over the years from PS+ and im sure that wont change. Hell, I would be happy with most games (Even Knack and Thief as I want to try them but not spend money on them) and you get some fantastic Indies too.

Sad thing though is I have such a backlog already, finishing Season 1 of TWD (Again, did so on PS3 previously) so I can finally play Season 2. Need to finish TLOU:R (Got to subway section) and I just bought RE:R on Friday. Oh I also need to get round to finishing Alien: Isolation at some point. Just been getting caught up on other games :(

Watch it be OlliOlli2 and people complain that it's not Knack. :(

I have no beef with OlliOlli2 :-D

Is that cross-buy too? I'd rather play it on my Vita than the ps4 tbh :O

LOL For me it’s the opposite, when I see all the shit posts in PS+ threads it makes my blood boil.

I am always hyped though, had some amazing games over the years from PS+ and im sure that wont change. Hell, I would be happy with most games (Even Knack and Thief as I want to try them but not spend money on them) and you get some fantastic Indies too.

Sad thing though is I have such a backlog already, finishing Season 1 of TWD (Again, did so on PS3 previously) so I can finally play Season 2. Need to finish TLOU:R (Got to subway section) and I just bought RE:R on Friday. Oh I also need to get round to finishing Alien: Isolation at some point. Just been getting caught up on other games :(

my ps3 ps plus backlog is ginormous :-(

I already kind of gave up on playing any of that stuff atm (very limited time for gaming lately for me...

I would love me some more games to build another ginormous ps4 backlog too though, lol

kiguel182

Can't wait to see those reaction "Meh, already bought that, shit month" or "Indie again"
GwG and Plus games reveal threads are always delicious ;)

How is being disappointed you already own the games not a normal reaction?

You are hyped thinking you are going to get new games but, in the end, you don't so you don't like it. Hardly seems a weird reaction.

i just want all indie games across the board and a formal announcement that Sony is unable to negotiate any further deals for retail games on the PS4 due to extenuating market circumstances.

Tucah

you speak so well
So it seems like Apotheon and OlliOlli 2 for PS4. Not bad, not bad.

but where are the RETAIL GAMEZ?!?

I would be extremelly happy with Killzone (having loved KZ2/3 MP I know I'd spend a huge amount of time playing KZ), or Black Flag.

I dont get the hype for this month thought...is it because its my birthday ?!

I would be extremelly happy with Killzone (having loved KZ2/3 MP I know I'd spend a huge amount of time playing KZ), or Black Flag.

I dont get the hype for this month thought...is it because its my birthday ?!

I think it's because they've already gave a couple of 'big' games for the ps4 for December and January ppl are now getting hyped for another 'big title' or something...

I think the hype is only here because we knew the last few months in advance.

It started the introduction of 'AAA' games (arguable)

So hoping the trend continues into Feb.

JoshHood

OlliOlli2 could also be a Vita game fwiw, those hoping for a retail PS4 title.

Also, only just realise Apotheon is not on Vita too - damn, that'd be great :(

Rosur

OlliOlli2 could also be a Vita game fwiw, those hoping for a retail PS4 title.

Also, only just realise Apotheon is not on Vita too - damn, that'd be great :(

if OlliOlli2 is the vita game it will probably be cross buy like the original game so their is hope the PS4 version will be in (if OlliOlli2 is the PS+ game this month).

Hasney

Olli Olli 2? Holy shit.

vUrM6u9.jpg

because nothing is more triple A than an simple port of a fighting game that was almost 2 years old by the time it hit the network and a 3 hour DLC addon.

Let me be the first to welcome Flow Remastered as our next AAA savior for February.

Well I did say arguable

fair enough hah

I think they will slow down for a month or two. The stuff with few months advance was pretty much just apologizing for the DC PS+ pushback. The audience was promised an AAA retail game (even if it was just a part of it) for launch, game got delayed and when it finally released they still couldn't give it away so they settled with FL+Injustice. Now that the Driveclub situation is cooling down I think they will go back to smaller titles for a while.

Silly speculation I know. I wonder if PS3 or PSV will be the first one to be cut off from the service. I feel after that PS4 will truly start gearing up it's PS+ offerings. Giving away 6 games a month obviously requires a lot of planning to keep the good business rolling. If for example it would be something like 3 games only all for PS4 in a few years they would have a lot more leeway for choosing the titles. I can't imagine both PSV and PS3 to be a part of the service in late 2016 for example.

Then again there have been some insanely good months in the past so there is always hope.

again, it had less (if anything) to do with Drive Club+ being delayed and more to do with thousands and thousands of $30 ps+ accounts set to expire in November for which they threw 2 months of PS+ games out there in advance to keep them hooked.

Don't be surprised if they do it again this November, to keep them coming. And don't be shocked if they don't do that at any other point in the year because they've got nothing to gain from it.

I think they will slow down for a month or two. The stuff with few months advance was pretty much just apologizing for the DC PS+ pushback. The audience was promised an AAA retail game (even if it was just a part of it) for launch, game got delayed and when it finally released they still couldn't give it away so they settled with FL+Injustice. Now that the Driveclub situation is cooling down I think they will go back to smaller titles for a while.

Silly speculation I know. I wonder if PS3 or PSV will be the first one to be cut off from the service. I feel after that PS4 will truly start gearing up it's PS+ offerings. Giving away 6 games a month obviously requires a lot of planning to keep the good business rolling. If for example it would be something like 3 games only all for PS4 in a few years they would have a lot more leeway for choosing the titles. I can't imagine both PSV and PS3 to be a part of the service in late 2016 for example.

Then again there have been some insanely good months in the past so there is always hope.

WITHE1982

Olliolli 2?!?!? OMG

I'm OK with this. TBH if they offered a full retail game (Thief/Killzone or Knack) I'll never get a chance to play it anyway as my backlog is HUGE.

Indie games are just perfect for me at the minute. Games I can just jump on for 10-15 minutes at a time suit me just fine.

Top Bottom