• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 3: Getting The Knack Of These Games

Ludens

Banned
Tomorrow should be the day, right?
Regarding Broforce, meh. I already did it on PC and really it's not that great, I'd like any other game from the selection, since I'm missing them.
Any chance we'll get Lords of the Fallen like One people?
Also I'd like Layers of Fear or Everybody Gone to the Rapture (this one was discounted several times and it's getting a PC release), but for the first one is too soon.
I'm prepared to be disappointed anyway.

Time for wild hopes and speculation I guess!

PS4 Shantae

Vita Can't really think of anything. Cool looking indie I guess

PS3 Some obscure Japanese game

Most of the games I'd actually want are too new so just hoping for one good surprise

Ted

Broke out the PS3 and wheel last night to try GRID Autosport (Feb 2016) and it turns out I really like it. Decent grid sizes, fun physics model, some nice tracks, pretty open career structure, build your own events AND split screen!

I think this one might get played a good deal.

Hasney

Well, they gave the Persona game for PS3 this month. Also I doubt those games are selling so much, now, they are like 20 or 30€ each, can't remember.

The problems with that are that it's the most recommended game for people that get a Vita, so it's a game a larger percentage of owners already have and the small trickle of new owners get.

Then there's the issue of having a different publisher in the US and EU now PS+ is joined up. Workable as Arena showed, but not always the easiest thing to work out.

Since I had to buy plus for SFV, here we are again.

I've already given up on Sony giving a shit about putting any effort to get AAA games on plus since they'll get people like me to subscribe thanks to the paywall anyways.

So, I just hope whatever indie game they give us this time doesn't look like a generic NES title with crappy pixels art style.

VLiberty

Since I had to buy plus for SFV, here we are again.

I've already given up on Sony giving a shit about putting any effort to get AAA games on plus since they'll get people like me to subscribe thanks to the paywall anyways.

So, I just hope whatever indie game they give us this time doesn't look like a generic NES title with crappy pixels art style.

Funnily enough, it's very likely that the generic pixel indie will have more content than SFV.

Ludens

Banned
You could just get an Xbox

Nah. Turning serious, on PS3 I used Plus to try games I wouldn't buy otherwise.
In example, I'm very interested in Lords of the Fallen, but since there are a lot of negative opinions I don't want spend money on it just to discover I don't like it.
So if Sony will include this on Plus, I will give it a try for sure.
Same for Everybody Rapture.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Just wait, this will finally be the month we'll get games on par with PS3 PS+. Yeah.

Yeah.

Yea

Ye

:(

VLiberty

Gwg offer is basically two old ps+ games + two games that aren't really hot, there'll hardly be a scenario where anyone(outside of the usual retail worshippers) would be envy of that offer.

And I'm saying this with the maximum respect I hold towards GwG which keeps providing solid line ups every month.

Ludens

Banned
Gwg offer is basically two old ps+ games + two games that aren't really hot, there'll hardly be a scenario where anyone(outside of the usual retail worshippers) would be envy of that offer.

And I'm saying this with the maximum respect I hold towards GwG which keeps providing solid line ups every month.

Well, this month offer is great for GWG. Sherlock Holmes is a great game (I played the Plus PS3 version, the only bad thing is performance here, so probably One version is much better). Lords of the Faller was a 70€ Souls-like game, some appreciated it, other don't, but still interesting.

VLiberty

Well, this month offer is great for GWG. Sherlock Holmes is a great game (I played the Plus PS3 version, the only bad thing is performance here, so probably One version is much better). Lords of the Faller was a 70€ Souls-like game, some appreciated it, other don't, but still interesting.

It's a solid month, no one denied it, but you'd assume it would definitely be far from making any plus user be envy about it. As I said, two games have been on PS+ as well, and the other two aren't really the hottest thing right now. Unless they completely fuck up the PS4 offer, which they rarely do though
Btw I don't get the appeal of the launch price. No game costs more than 15€ once it hits PS+/GwG, none did and none will do. I think the few exceptions are the 20€ indies that launched on the services(Zheros, Rocket League etc.)

tbh, I've seen much better GwG month than this one. Hopefully they don't start going all in with retail games because it's definitely too early to do it while making a compelling offer.(at the same time I hope Sony stops going all in with digital games, though)

I'd love to try Lords of the Fallen but I expect to drop it after a few hours. That's about the best thing I can say about GWG this month

You can find the game for like 15€ used and sell it back for the same after you're done, maybe losing you 5€ max.

Can't do that with indies

robotnik

I'd love to try Lords of the Fallen but I expect to drop it after a few hours. That's about the best thing I can say about GWG this month

You can find the game for like 15€ used and sell it back for the same after you're done, maybe losing you 5€ max.

Can't do that with indies
I think Lords of the Fallen is awful souls like game. Got it for free and I'm glad I spent nothing on it. But I'll take Knack :)

VLiberty

Broforce (PS4)
Galak-Z (PS4)
Super Stardust HD (PS3)
The Last Guy (PS3)
Flame Over (PS Vita)
Reality Fighters (PS Vita)

Meh

Joni

Reality Fighters should at least get some extra players with this, so I could go for the multiplayer trophies.

Galak-z is nice, but this list further reinforces that Sony has simply given up with Plus. It's basically a chore at this point. It's been bad for like 6 months straight now.

RK128

Broforce (PS4)
Galak-Z (PS4)
Super Stardust HD (PS3)
The Last Guy (PS3)
Flame Over (PS Vita)

Meh

Still have Feb's months to play but still.....really disappointing on the PS Vita front :(. Hope April gets better.

Benedict

Broforce (PS4)
Galak-Z (PS4)
Super Stardust HD (PS3)
The Last Guy (PS3)
Flame Over (PS Vita)

Meh

Wow, that's a great line up.

Looking forward to Galak-Z. Supposed to be very good and I've been close to buy it a couple of times.

Have Super Stardust HD on PS3, so i'ts a bit annoying that the PS4 version is not included. (or is it?)

The Last Guy is an excellent hidden gem on PS3.
Lucky you who still haven't played it.
Lucky us who played it several years ago.

Have been close buying Flame Over several times but never did so this is good, even though I bought it on Steam.

Reality Fighters is of no interest for me.

xrnzaaas

A shame we're not getting Stardust Ultra. Hopefully some day. As for the games we are getting I'll only try Broforce.

I saw people complaining, but then I looked up info about Broforce and GalakZ . . . both of these games got some pretty dang good reviews. Are people upset about the PS3 games?

As a PS4 owner this month is very good.

I saw people complaining, but then I looked up info about Broforce and GalakZ . . . both of these games got some pretty dang good reviews. Are people upset about the PS3 games?

As a PS4 owner this month is very good.

Yeah, this is the weakest PS3 month in years. Also, reality fighters is not so hot either. So it's either a PC port of a game that's been out for ages on that platform or Galak-Z.

For me, the month is flame over and Galak-z but, yeah, there are more stinkers in this month than usual. And now that GwG just put out 2 retail games in one month, it's making this PS+ month look even weaker.

Yeah, this is the weakest PS3 month in years. Also, reality fighters is not so hot either. So it's either a PC port of a game that's been out for ages on that platform or Galak-Z.

For me, the month is flame over and Galak-z but, yeah, there are more stinkers in this month than usual. And now that GwG just put out 2 retail games in one month, it's making this PS+ month look even weaker.

I guess I'm biased because I only care about PS4 games. :p Most months have been pretty great for me.

Touché but if I didn't have those games already, I'd still rather have those than the PS+ offerings... xD
yeah I won't try to defend the lineup this month. AAC would have saved it for me but I'll probably only play Flame Over for a few hours and that's it.

I'll take six copies of Reality Fighters over Borderlands though

shmoglish

Ps4 lineup is good imo (already own GalakZ). Ps3 lineup is a joke (with good games tbh). Already own FlameOver. And isn't Reality Fighters a game you need a qr card to play it

Top Bottom