• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 3: Getting The Knack Of These Games

RK128

After realizing about older indie games, going to edit my Plus list:
-PS4: Not a Hero, 1001 Spikes
-PS3: Retail PS3 Game, Indie PS3 Game
-PS Vita: VVVVVV, Muches Oddysee or Crypt of the Necrodancer

Ludens

Banned
Can't wait to be disappointed tomorrow.
I expect absolutely nothing and still, I'm sure, Sony will disappoint me.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Can't wait to be disappointed tomorrow.
I expect absolutely nothing and still, I'm sure, Sony will disappoint me.
I used to roll my eyes at these posts. Now I......kinda share the same sentiment. I haven't been truly impressed with a Plus lineup in quite a while.

cyba89

I used to roll my eyes at these posts. Now I......kinda share the same sentiment. I haven't been truly impressed with a Plus lineup in quite a while.

Yes, I agree.
Normally I find at least one game per month that keeps me interested for a longer amount of time. But since September I only played Teslagrad and Super Meat Boy out off all PS+ games and I already finished the latter over 5 years ago.
I'm at the point where I would genuinely prefer Knack over the majority of games offered the last few months. That's crazy.

VLiberty

Hardware Rivals and Grim Fandango aren't indie games...

Neither were the december PS4 games.

Quite interesting to see how people know so little about what they want(and do not want).

Yes, I agree.
Normally I find at least one game per month that keeps me interested for a longer amount of time. But since September I only played Teslagrad and Super Meat Boy out off all PS+ games and I already finished the latter over 5 years ago.
I'm at the point where I would genuinely prefer Knack over the majority of games offered the last few months. That's crazy.

It's not too different than my situation, since october I was interested in a handful of games out of 24 games. Although, there were three more games I was interested in but I already owned.

That said though, I realize it's a matter of taste and that most of the plus games I'm not interested in playing are still quality games, so here's hoping next month will feature games I'm interested in. It's just luck based.

Joni

Neither were the december PS4 games.

Quite interesting to see how people know so little about what they want(and do not want).

And in November, the only indie game on PS4 was The Walking Dead: Season 2. Magicka is publisher-backed. And yet the only that was probably the least complained about in those three months as 'indie' games, was the actual indie game.

Please include a AAA game!!! I'll even take just a 'decent' one at this point...but I'm sick of ONLY indie games.

Yeah, I'm sick of indie games too.

Really hoping for some AAA stuff like Dragon Age Origins or Medal of Honor Warfighter or History Legends of War or Grim Fandango, don't understand why we never get AAA games like this on Plus.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Yeah, I'm sick of indie games too.

Really hoping for some AAA stuff like Dragon Age Origins or Medal of Honor Warfighter or History Legends of War or Grim Fandango, don't understand why we never get AAA games like this on Plus.
I get the point you're making but including Grim Fandango isn't helping. I don't think a remaster of a game from the late 90s is exactly what these people are after. I think when people say they want a AAA game they mean one from the 21st century. The remaster didn't even get a retail release.

Besides, he obviously means AAA games for the PS4. The truth is there hasn't been a proper full AAA game for PS4 since Injustice in December 2014. Infamous was basically just DLC and Metal Gear Shit: Ground Demoez was a budget release.

But personally I'll just be happy with games I'll like indie or not.But I won't pretend I don't understand what people mean when they say they want AAA games.

Ludens

Banned
I get the point you're making but including Grim Fandango isn't helping. I don't think a remaster of a game from the late 90s is exactly what these people are after. I think when people say they want a AAA game they mean one from the 21st century. The remaster didn't even get a retail release.

Besides, he obviously means AAA games for the PS4. The truth is there hasn't been a proper full AAA game for PS4 since Injustice in December 2014. Infamous was basically just DLC and Metal Gear Shit: Ground Demoez was a budget release.

But personally I'll just be happy with games I'll like indie or not.But I won't pretend I don't understand what people mean when they say they want AAA games.

What I don't understand is why Japan gets triple A games (Killzone Shadow Fall, Toukiden: Kiwami for PS4/Vita) and the rest of the world doesn't.
*For AAA games I intend titles released on store for 70€ in a physical form too, pretty much like Bioshock Infinite. So don't tell "Ground Zeroes was a triple A, Infamous First Light was a triple A", because those games launched also for cheap (GZ for 40 but it should be 20€, First Light for 20€).

I mean, I don't have a PS4 yet, only a PS3 and PSTV, but I kept renewing my sub in order to build a decent library of exclusive titles for the future (because I'll grab a PS4 for sure soon or later).
Until now all I have are spare copies of titles I already own on PC.
Of course I don't pretent a AAA PS4 game each month, but...just one or two each year?

What I don't understand is why Japan gets triple A games (Killzone Shadow Fall, Toukiden: Kiwami for PS4/Vita) and the rest of the doesn't.

Probably because they're doing everything they can to improve PS4 sales over there. They don't need to do that in the US and EU.

Anyway, Helldivers is a good get :) Would love to see Tharsis sometime in the future, if only because I can't decide whether to buy it or not.

RK128

Complete list for February:

Helldivers (PS4/PS3/PS Vita)
Nom Nom Galaxy (PS4)
Persona 4 Arena Ultimax (PS3)
Grid Autosport (PS3)
Lemmings Touch (PS Vita)
Nova 111 (PS4/PS3/PS Vita)

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2016...id=692384159285661697&adbpl=tw&adbpr=36969785

Really good month honestly :).

The PS4 stuff looks good but the PS3 and Vita stuff kills it this month XD! Persona 4 Arena Ultimax for PS3 and Helldivers for everything makes this month really good :).

Grid should be fun and the other two Vita indies should be fun to try out :D.

RK128

I don't know anything about Nova 111 the rest I'm pretty sure I won't like. Oh well. Rocket League still exists.

I don't know much about the games outside of Persona but will try to explain them.
-Helldivers: Twin-stick shooter with heavy co-op elements. It has online and local MP and it has free expansions to get. Very highly rated and a lot of people seemed happy with it landing on Plus (sorta like Rocket Leagues PS+ announcement).
-Persona 4 Arena Ultimax: This is an updated version of the original. It has a new story mode to fight through, more fighters to play as, and some new mechanics (shadow characters for example). Looks great and is a nice addition to the Persona series.
-Lemmings Touch: Its, well Lemmings :). I puzzle game where you guide X amount of creatures to a goal (similar to something like Mario vs. DK on DS for example).

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I don't know much about the games outside of Persona but will try to explain them.
-Helldivers: Twin-stick shooter with heavy co-op elements. It has online and local MP and it has free expansions to get. Very highly rated and a lot of people seemed happy with it landing on Plus (sorta like Rocket Leagues PS+ announcement).
-Persona 4 Arena Ultimax: This is an updated version of the original. It has a new story mode to fight through, more fighters to play as, and some new mechanics (shadow characters for example). Looks great and is a nice addition to the Persona series.
-Lemmings Touch: Its, well Lemmings :). I puzzle game where you guide X amount of creatures to a goal (similar to something like Mario vs. DK on DS for example).
Oh I know about those games. I was saying Nova 111 is the one I don't know much about. Hell divers I don't doubt is good, but from what I hear it's not good solo so that's what I doubt I'll like it. I'll give it a go though. Lemmings Touch I already own and it's the worst version of Lemmings I've ever played. The PS3 stuff I just won't play because my PS3 isn't set up anymore and it's a hassle to go out of my way to do so with my setup. That's my problem and not a reflection on the lineup. Nom Nom Galaxy just doesn't seem like my thing. But I'll give it a go.

RK128

Oh I know about those games. I was saying Nova 111 is the one I don't know much about. Hell divers I don't doubt is good, but from what I hear it's not good solo so that's what I doubt I'll like it. I'll give it a go though. Lemmings Touch I already own and it's the worst version of Lemmings I've ever played. The PS3 stuff I just won't play because my PS3 isn't set up anymore and it's a hassle to go out of my way to do so with my setup. That's my problem and not a reflection on the lineup. Nom Nom Galaxy just doesn't seem like my thing. But I'll give it a go.

Oh okay, got confused I guess :). Shame to hear that Lemmings on Vita is a bad version :(. But I'm still willing to try it out.

Nova I know little about myself, so I can't really help you out there :l. I get you're deal with the PS3 though; it uses a lot of power and having that and a PS4 hooked up must sponge a lot of electricity (meaning high electric bill and that is never fun X(). I don't have a PS4 yet but when I get one, giving my mom the PS3 Slim (and buy one of those PS3 Blue-Ray Remotes) I have and it will be the Netflix box for the home (with some good gaming on it time to time).

Great month for PS4. I love co-op games so Helldivers looks great, and I don't know anything about Nom Nom but I trust the developers.

Nova 111 might be a pleasant surprise as well. I know nothing about that game.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Hmm gonna try Helldivers I guess. I did enjoy Dead Nation, it's similar right?

The rest is 100% trash to me though. But hey for once I have one game I might be interested so I guess I can say it's a good month since my standards are so low now. ;)

I'm a regular shit poster in this topic so I want to say how great I think this month is. Helldivers is absolutely solid and Nom Nom looms fun and I can't wait to try that out.

Ted

Looking forward to Grid Autosport. Thought about buying it as I have enjoyed the previous Grid games a lot but it released so late last gen I just never got around to it. Being on PS3 turns out to be a bonus as I can break out my second wheel for some split-screen fun.

Helldivers might also be fun if my mates are up for some local co-op.

Easily the best month for a good while for me.

Top Bottom