• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 3: Getting The Knack Of These Games

2nd month in a row sonys offered up a game that's just had a steep discount, even more recently than Grim. Nom Nom was 3$ in the winter sale. Glad I decided not to buy it. I think that decision will get easier and easier if this continues.

Hell Divers is a great catch though. Glad to see the community is gonna get revamped.

Benedict

2nd month in a row sonys offered up a game that's just had a steep discount, even more recently than Grim. Nom Nom was 3$ in the winter sale. Glad I decided not to buy it. I think that decision will get easier and easier if this continues.

Hell Divers is a great catch though. Glad to see the community is gonna get revamped.

Lemmings Touch is also still heavily discounted (68%) on EU PSN. Was very close to buying it.

bjaelke

24378610850_b2ab20ef46_b.jpg

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/02/01/vote-to-play-march-2016-voting-begins-february-9th/

VLiberty

Action henk will come to plus regardless, it's Curve, so DON'T VOTE IT PLEASE

I want Assault Android Cactus on my Vita.

xrnzaaas

Helldivers is the first PS+ game I'm downloading to my hdd since, I dunno, Limbo? (only because I've never played it before)

Edit: And after playing a bit I think it'll stay. Fun game. :)

So, uh... looks like we got "extra" PS+ games. We were supposed to only get Nova-111 for Vita, but the PS3 and PS4 versions are also included.

jVx2EWR.jpg

zH8k3KZ.jpg

Finally got around to playing King's Quest episode 1. I had a really great time with it, the characters, visuals, writing, and acting are all great. Also, the puzzles are pretty simple but that is better than frustrating IMO.

I knew nothing about this so it was a nice surprise. I'll probably buy the season pass.

Sch1sm

So, uh... looks like we got "extra" PS+ games. We were supposed to only get Nova-111 for Vita, but the PS3 and PS4 versions are also included.

jVx2EWR.jpg

zH8k3KZ.jpg

Seems that you can only choose one of them, though. I tried adding them all to cart and it said I'm ineligible (because I added the PS4 one first). Same case for the Helldivers one - couldn't add the additional PS3 ver after adding the PS4 one to cart. I think it's just optional. Choose it on your main device.

illusionary

Seems that you can only choose one of them, though. I tried adding them all to cart and it said I'm ineligible (because I added the PS4 one first). Same case for the Helldivers one - couldn't add the additional PS3 ver after adding the PS4 one to cart. I think it's just optional. Choose it on your main device.

It's just that it's a cross-buy game - once you've 'bought' (redeemed) any version, you automatically own the others. The PS Store doesn't let you buy a second copy of a game that you already own, hence the error.

Joni

It's just that it's a cross-buy game - once you've 'bought' (redeemed) any version, you automatically own the others. The PS Store doesn't let you buy a second copy of a game that you already own, hence the error.

Indeed, they show up in the download list at that point.

They certainly drop you right in it with the second level of nom nom... I don't feel well prepared and have no idea how to beat the level.

Sorry if this has been asked before, but what's the process of getting a game on PS+ that has new content, but that's unavailable since you technically own the original release? I bought Helldivers when it came out..

Joni

Sorry if this has been asked before, but what's the process of getting a game on PS+ that has new content, but that's unavailable since you technically own the original release? I bought Helldivers when it came out..
That probably means all extra content is free updates. It registers as the same release so the file didnt change.

That probably means all extra content is free updates. It registers as the same release so the file didnt change.

Nah. Found my answer anyway. Contacted Sony support and was basically told that I'd either have to buy the DLC individually or make another account with PS+ to access the new content. Really unhelpful and dumb, but whatever.

El_Cinefilo

Nah. Found my answer anyway. Contacted Sony support and was basically told that I'd either have to buy the DLC individually or make another account with PS+ to access the new content. Really unhelpful and dumb, but whatever.

Thats dumb, they're effectively punishing people who bought the game instead of waiting for the plus version. Why not just make that dlc free for plus members too?

NHale

A shame I already had Helldivers which is a blast, GRID Autosport I also own previously and it's average at best.

I only need to play Persona 4 Arena, but from the other 3 games, Nova-111 and Lemmings Touch are my definition of a "fun game, but..." while Nom Nom Galaxy lasted 30 minutes. Maybe I don't understand the game but it's so unappealing and the systems seem so obtuse that I don't have any interest in invest time in the game.

Overall, spreading managed democracy always wins.

Joni

That is disappointing.

Ted

Played Helldivers last night with some friends local co-op, pass the pad style. A couple of us really dig it but I think it's too punishing for some folk in my peer group both in terms of general difficulty and complexity of input.

I like the added tension of having to push x then enter a string of d-pad commands to call in the shuttle or L1 and a different string for your turret or whatever perk you want but I can see how for some it would be annoying.

We only did the first couple of planets before going back to Resogun but I think we will return if only occasionally.

Wondering if four player local co-op is easier or harder than with two, given friendly fire? I might try it but don't want to dump the best part of a hundred quid on two more controllers if they rarely get used.

Just voted for action henk!
It's going to be broforce unfortunately but it's nice to see it ranked well above that twinstick shooter.

Top Bottom