• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Plus Thread: Plus What? PLUS EVERYTHING!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Good news…the 2nd phase of our online beta will be ready next week. This phase will be a small phase, with invites going to a special mix of LBP contributors, DLC owners and PlayStation Plus members, so be on the lookout for an e-mail soon with your beta code. Don’t worry: there are more beta phases in the works, so if you don’t get in next week, we’ll keep you posted on following phases.

From the LBP2 blog post.

snap0212

EU ONLY:

All the Fallout 3 DLC for PS+ Subscribers. All free! :>

Another common piece of feedback is that you were unhappy with the lack of game add-on packs provided in the last PlayStation Plus update. In response, we have teamed up with Bethesda Softworks to make all of the Fallout 3 DLC available to Plus subscribers for free, as the release of Fallout: New Vegas draws tantalisingly near. Please be aware that these packs will be in the Plus section of PlayStation Store for one week only, from the following dates:

13 October
Fallout 3: Point Lookout
Fallout 3: Mothership Zeta
Fallout 3: Operation: Anchorage

20 October
Fallout 3: Broken Steel
Fallout 3: The Pitt

lucius

If I buy the 3 months to Playstation Plus can I buy the protection plan for the discounted price or is that for just yearly members?

Also do you think it's worth getting the protection plan for a Slim? mine is about 10 months old so I think I only qualify for it for a couple more months if I buy it.

snap0212 said:
EU ONLY:

Great news, was thinking of replacing my standard edition for the GOTY one but with this i dont need to :D

PS+ treating us EU guys well once again!

anddo0

snap0212 said:
EU ONLY:

Now this... would make me opt in. I still own my original copy of FO3. I purchased Broken Steel, but nothing else.. Bring this deal to the US and then we can talk Sony.

I already switched my release F3 copy for the GOTY version, but I couldn't benefit from this as I would need the UK addons for the UK version but my account is not a UK one.
However, my buddy has the local version so at least he will enjoy to share it :lol

Free DLC is quite a nice PSN+ feature if you own the respective game. I often don't like buying online/small DLC so it would be cool to get it via PSN+. Especially as you get to keep it forever.

btw. I noticed that all the Sam&Max episodes don't have an expiration date, does this mean we can keep them w/o PSN+? (as I don't see how they would restrict you from playing them w/o that date)

dofry

That's "Dr." dofry to you.
I think getting PS Plus is already proving to be worth the moneys. All of the DLC for Fallout 3, Sam and Max episodes, Street Fighter, and other small additions cost almost the same as that 12 month pack.

dofry said:
I think getting PS Plus is already proving to be worth the moneys. All of the DLC for Fallout 3, Sam and Max episodes, Street Fighter, and other small additions cost almost the same as that 12 month pack.

actually, the 5 Fallout 3 addons alone are worth 49.95€

Basically if you want those addons anyway, with PSN+ you could now get them for 30€ less AND you get 3 months of PSN+ content&features. (or one year PSN+ for the normal addon price)
(but PSN+ is TEH EVIL!!!!111)

dofry said:

Exactly, i pretty much got my money back after the second month so for me its a great service.

ScrabbleBanshee said:
Lucky EU again. FUCK MAN when is it our turn?
NEVER!!!!! :D

darkwing

from the link above

Coming to PlayStation Plus: God of War I and II and a Free Download of BreakQuest

Posted by Grace Chen // Senior Manager, PlayStation Store

Hi everyone,

PlayStation Plus

Next month marks one of the biggest handheld releases of the year. We learn, for the first time, of the events that took place between two heavy hitting games in the PlayStation family. God of War: Ghost of Sparta shows what events took place between Kratos’s adventures in God of War II and God of War III. Do you need a little refresher in the series? Well, we’ve got you covered.

God of War Collection 1 God of War Collection 2

Just like Blu-ray disc fans, newcomers to the series can experience the epic journey of God of War and God of War II remastered in 720p. Both games are running at a smooth 60 frames per second, giving PS3 gamers a smooth gameplay experience. Also, an important fact for any trophy hunters, each game has a full set of trophies! PlayStation Plus subscribers looking to get a taste of his vengeance can download a full-game trial of each game. To highlight the release, Plus members can snag a free Dominus Skin for GOW III and will also receive a GOW III skin with the purchase of each title. Along with the availability of God of War I and II, PlayStation Plus subscribers can pick up a free download of BreakQuest (an updated classic minis from Beatshaper) and a free Dead Nation dynamic theme. Also, be sure to check out the new episode of Qore, including the newly released Qore arqade.

Any fans of the Wild West out there? Be sure to check back next week when all the DLC for Rockstar’s critically acclaimed western Red Dead Redemption, will be 20% off, including the upcoming Undead Nightmare DLC.

Also, another quick friendly reminder to check out the free downloads of Bubble Trubble and discounts on Alien Breed: Impact (an updated classic) and Tomb Raider (one of the original PSone Classics), which will be pulled off of the PlayStation Plus section on November 2.

Our limited time introductory offer is still available. Get three additional bonus months free when you buy a 1-year package for $49.99. You can find all the details here.

Special PlayStation Plus 10/26 Publish

Automatic Download
The Tester Season 2 – Episode 1 (10/29)

Discounted Add-ons
Red Dead Redemption – Undead Nightmare Pack (20% off)
Red Dead Redemption – Legends and Killers Pack (20% off)
Red Dead Redemption – Liars and Cheats Pack (20% off)

PlayStation Plus Highlights for 11/2:

Full Game Trial
God of War I
God of War II

Downloadable Games
God of War I & Phantom of Chaos Skin Bundle (Exclusive to PlayStation Plus Subscribers)
God of War II & Forgotten Warrior Skin Bundle (Exclusive to PlayStation Plus Subscribers)

Free Games
BreakQuest – minis (Free to PlayStation Plus Subscribers)

Discounted Games
Tomb Raider 2 (PSone Classic) (50% off)

Early Access/Exclusive Demo
Vanquish Demo – Challenge Mode

Free Add-ons & Themes
God of War III – Dominus Skin (Free to PlayStation Plus Subscribers, original price $0.99)
Dead Nation Dynamic Theme (Free to PlayStation Plus Subscribers, original price $2.99)
Shadowy Graves Theme (Free to PlayStation Plus Subscribers, original price $1.49)

Free Videos
Qore Episode 30 – November 2010

Last Chance, Get Them While You Can – Coming down on November 2:

Free Offers to PlayStation Plus Subscribers
Qore Episode 29 – October 2010
Bubble Trubble – minis
Heavy Rain Oragami Dog Avatar
Wired Skulls Theme
High Velocity Bowling – PlayStation Move Compatibility Add-on (coming down October 26)

Discount Offers to PlayStation Plus Subscribers
Alien Breed: Impact (25% off)
Tomb Raider (50% off)

snap0212

I have a question about the Automatic Download-Feature. Today I’ve finally upgraded my 40GB HD to a 500GB one. After trying the Push-Downloads once I couldn’t use the feature anymore, because I haven’t had enough free space on my hard drive. That problem is now gone.

Anyways; I just tried it and it really downloaded stuff and even installed it. One of those things was something I could actually have any use for. Everything else was just promotional stuff. Is there any way to disable the Demo-Pushing thing? I don’t need the Demo if I already own the full game, dammit. Can I disable everything except Patches somewhere?

tirminyl

snap0212 said:
I have a question about the Automatic Download-Feature. Today I’ve finally upgraded my 40GB HD to a 500GB one. After trying the Push-Downloads once I couldn’t use the feature anymore, because I haven’t had enough free space on my hard drive. That problem is now gone.

Anyways; I just tried it and it really downloaded stuff and even installed it. One of those things was something I could actually have any use for. Everything else was just promotional stuff. Is there any way to disable the Demo-Pushing thing? I don’t need the Demo if I already own the full game, dammit. Can I disable everything except Patches somewhere?

No. There is no way to select what you want or don't want to have downloaded automatically. For instance, my PS3 downloaded The Tester Season 2 Ep 1, which is fine because I would watch it but I would love to have it automatically download Qore monthly or just generally have control over what is pushed to my machine.

I don't know if there has been any other content, but it seems like The Tester 2 episodes are among the first pieces of content you can ONLY get from setting Auto-Download on. There is no other way to download the episodes, not on the Store.
Has there been any other contents like this?

Also most importantly, I was previously against auto-downloads because I was hesitant about my console being turned on more frequently than it should, but there are some other nice things it did. It auto-installed all my "to be installed" files, and also made video icon previews of ALL my videos on the PS3 HDD (previously they were just blank video file icons).

Has next months PS+ content list(EU) been published yet does anyone know, i know this monsths will be Critter Crunch (only game i alread had so far) but was wondering whats up next.

tirminyl

jetsetfluken said:
I don't know if there has been any other content, but it seems like The Tester 2 episodes are among the first pieces of content you can ONLY get from setting Auto-Download on. There is no other way to download the episodes, not on the Store.
Has there been any other contents like this?

I think the Tester S2 season premier is tomorrow. We get it early.

Chris_C

Did anyone else get a survey recently? I got one via email, it asked whether I used the automatic download feature, but once I clicked "no", it told me they'd already fulfilled their quota for the survey. Kind of annoying since I'd have liked to let them know WHY I don't use the feature.

so if i sign up and install, every downloadable game/dlc content i purchase is tied to having playstation plus? if i choose not to have playstation plus i lose all my games? if i sign up can i decide to pay the full price game, to keep it forever, OR the discount plus price?

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
TrAcEr_x90 said:
so if i sign up and install, every downloadable game/dlc content i purchase is tied to having playstation plus? if i choose not to have playstation plus i lose all my games? if i sign up can i decide to pay the full price game, to keep it forever, OR the discount plus price?
Anything you pay money for (whether full price or discounted) is yours to keep forever. Only the free games are tied to your Plus subscription and expire if you don't renew your subscription.

jvm

Gamasutra.
TrAcEr_x90 said:
To expand a bit on what Fuzzy answered, I believe there is a flaw here in PS+ that is worth discussing.

I don't *think* you can buy a game outright if you're in PS+ and the game is free or discounted. So if you get it free with PS+ and you let PS+ expire, then you have to buy it when you're outside the program.

The reason this bites is that you can't buy games and take advantage of discount prices when they happen. At least, this is my rudimentary understanding ... I've been so busy I've not had time to check for sure that I'm right about this.

I'm wrong. Time to get more sleep.

DMeisterJ

Banned
jvm said:
To expand a bit on what Fuzzy answered, I believe there is a flaw here in PS+ that is worth discussing.

I don't *think* you can buy a game outright if you're in PS+ and the game is free or discounted. So if you get it free with PS+ and you let PS+ expire, then you have to buy it when you're outside the program.

The reason this bites is that you can't buy games and take advantage of discount prices when they happen. At least, this is my rudimentary understanding ... I've been so busy I've not had time to check for sure that I'm right about this.
It's very simple. Any game you pay money for is yours, anything you don't isn't.

I'm not sure about DLC though.

So the only way to buy the digital version of GOW HD Collection is through PS+ and im assuming once I purchase it I own the game even after I cancel PS+ correct?

yencid

Anticitizen One said:
So the only way to buy the digital version of GOW HD Collection is through PS+ and im assuming once I purchase it I own the game even after I cancel PS+ correct?
Thats right.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Anticitizen One said:
No, you can purchase the game even without PS+, but the 1 hour Game Trial is PS+ exclusive.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
jvm said:

Not true. I got Zen Pinball for free and I just checked the store and I can buy it right now for $9.99 if I wanted to keep it for good.

AndyD

aka andydumi
jvm said:

If Critter Crunch was free in September and then on sale 1/2 off in October, you can still buy it in October even though you still have it in your download que as free from September. Just as I have it in my que in reverse order, first as a purchase, then as a freebie and each gets a different expiry date when I download them. They are considered "different" games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom